It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:14 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Immersive Resort for MS/physical-therapy...?

Does anyone know of a resort environment anywhere that specializes in immersive physical therapy, nutrition, etc. for individuals with disabilities and/or MS specifically? I've been searching online but haven't found anything. I'm especially looking for something in US, Canada, or Mexico.

Thanks so much for any tips!!

-- Paul
Read more : Immersive Resort for MS/physical-therapy...? | Views : 1200 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Looking for MS/physical-therapy Resort

Does anyone know of a resort environment anywhere that specializes in immersive physical therapy, nutrition, etc. for individuals with disabilities and/or MS specifically? I've been searching online but haven't found anything.

Thanks so much for any tips!!!

-- Paul
Read more : Looking for MS/physical-therapy Resort | Views : 2672 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Regimens

Reason for starting treatment?

The CRAB drugs, on average, reduce exacerbations by 30%. When my 'good' neuro recommended that I start one of the CRABs I said why, given their limited efficacy. He said there was evidence that they reduced / slowed atrophy (my nightmare). The following research appears to support this view:

<shortened url>
Read more : Reason for starting treatment? | Views : 926 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Tovaxin Update/Trial

This from BBC news.

MS vaccine testing to start in US

Researchers are working towards having an MS vaccine
A US company is set to begin a trial of a vaccine which it claims halts the progress of multiple sclerosis.

PharmaFrontiers is to test its tailor-made vaccine on 100 patients with MS, after a small-scale study showed promise, New Scientist reports.

MS experts have welcomed the research but urged caution because other vaccines have not ...
Read more : Tovaxin Update/Trial | Views : 1615 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Nose cells

Human trials using nose cells to replace damaged nerves are to begin in the UK this year. This trial is from the US and involves rats.

Ian

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j482802041&w=464753
Read more : Nose cells | Views : 1319 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

The pharma industry

I read postings on this forum on a regular basis and quite often it amases me. We all have an awful disease and it is a rough ride. But i think we are very quick to judge..

common themes include

Anti - CRABS (well I'm on copaxone and doing great - I know its not for everyone, but I cant be the only one who is doing well on it? OK so its not a ...
Read more : The pharma industry | Views : 2566 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Selling Sickness

I just finished reading Selling Sickness by Ray Moynihan and Alan Cassels and I wanted to recommend it. The book is well written and documented. It discusses problems with health care that stem from the pharmaceutical industry's financial influence over everything from doctor and patient education, patient support groups, to the very creation and marketing of "new disease conditions" in order to broaden their potential market for both new and old drugs.

Selling Sickness: How ...
Read more : Selling Sickness | Views : 3102 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Reading Nook

Generic interferons

Not that anybody is excited about interferons, but if they must be taken at least they might be about to get cheaper...

Ratiopharm: competes with Stada, Sandoz on biogeneric drugs

Mar 8, 2006 - Marketwatch - German generic drug maker Ratiopharm GmbH Wednesday said it is competing with German generics company Stada AG and Novartis AG's generic subsidiary Sandoz in the race for biogeneric drugs to be approved in Europe.

Although the company, which had ...
Read more : Generic interferons | Views : 1302 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Pharmaceutical Wonder Drug

There's nothing like a good laugh. It's funny because it's true, from our friends at theonion.com. :D

Original link: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/46032&rss=1

Dunmann.

Wonder Drug Inspires Deep, Unwavering Love Of Pharmaceutical Companies

March 6, 2006 | Issue 42•10

NEW YORK—The Food and Drug Administration today approved the sale of the drug PharmAmorin, a prescription tablet developed by Pfizer to treat chronic distrust ...
Read more : Pharmaceutical Wonder Drug | Views : 926 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

ANA: Impaired Gene Cluster Singled Out in Multiple Sclerosis

Someone may have posted this already but I missed it:

ANA: Impaired Gene Cluster Singled Out in Multiple Sclerosis

By Paula Moyer, MedPage Today Staff Writer
Reviewed by Zalman S. Agus, MD; Emeritus Professor at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
September 27, 2005

MedPage Today Action Points (this is aimed at doctors):

Explain to patients who ask that the genes of interest are the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) genes, which normally help discern ...
Read more : ANA: Impaired Gene Cluster Singled Out in Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 1022 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221014 • Total topics 22917 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service