It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:55 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Weight Gain????

Hi I am new to this and here is my question....I put it somewhere else but can not find it so here goes again and I hope this one I can find! I am 43 with a wonderful husband of almost 25 years and 4 kids from ages 19 to 5. I was diagnosed in 2001 but have had it for many years. Neuro feels I am going from RR to SP and I feel ...
Read more : Weight Gain???? | Views : 2051 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Two oral drugs in trial

Dear all,

The US NMSS website provides info on two oral drugs in trial - FY720 (Dignan has already posted) and another with an unpronouncable name.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Resear ... June21.asp

Bromley
Read more : Two oral drugs in trial | Views : 1568 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

FTY720 Update

Interesting update on FTY720 and their speculation that that it could be available for organ transplant patients -- and therefore also available for off-label use -- by 2007. Also the official results of their phase II trial are being released tomorrow.

Novartis Is Seeking to Beat Serono to First MS Pill

June 20 -- Bloomberg -- Serono, Europe's biggest biotechnology company, Novartis AG, Switzerland's largest drugmaker, and Paris-based Sanofi-Aventis SA are racing to develop the ...
Read more : FTY720 Update | Views : 3022 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

UCSF MS Clinic Looking for Controls for Study--pays $50

Hi folks,

I've just been to the UCSF MS Clinic, and been invited to be in a study. The study is about genotype and phenotype, so they are looking for--and sorely lacking--control participants. This is in San Francisco, CA, of course. Obviously, the faster they can get the number of people, the faster they can conduct the study, the faster we get answers. Feel free to re-post this on any other MS or non-MS related ...
Read more : UCSF MS Clinic Looking for Controls for Study--pays $50 | Views : 1136 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Incidence of MS

Dear all,

The Australian MS society website says that MS is 'a devastating disease, growing at the alarming rate of 8% pa'. I assume this relates to the number of people diagnosed each year. Has anyone come across any such figures for other countries e.g. UK, US, Canada? This is a worrying increase which may alert Governments to take some more action e.g. funding more research etc etc.

Bromley
Read more : Incidence of MS | Views : 1745 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Biogen sells factory

In today's Times (UK) the following appeared in the business pages:

'Biogen Idec, the US biotech company, sold a new factory to Genentech, a US rival for $408 million (£223 million). It was built to make Tysabri, the multiple sclerosis drug withdrawn amid brain disease fears'.

Perhaps this indicates that Biogen is not confident of the drug returning in the near future.

Bromley
Read more : Biogen sells factory | Views : 1654 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Frustrated

Feeling extremely frusted with regards to the Canadian health care system. I personally do not have MS but someone very close to me does, chronic progressive...he is paralyzed from the neck down with many other secondary complications such as severe osteoporosis, glaucoma, optic neuritis, etc. Out of the extensive list of drugs he is on I speculate there is only one that is actually needed, the rest are to mask the symptoms of the last ...
Read more : Frustrated | Views : 1084 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

confused doctors

I was diagnosed last year, by a Neurologist; who at first told me I was too old, I was 52 at the time. After the MRI, showing 6 lesions, he called to tell me the news. I have other medical conditions: Reflex Sympathetic Dystropy and Fibromyalgia. I refused traditional injectional medications. I have flares on and off. We changed insurance companies to Kaiser (California). I made an appt with a Neurologist, saw him Wed. Big ...
Read more : confused doctors | Views : 2074 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

My Husband is Newly Diagnosed

My husband was recently diagnosed with MS after years of suffering and not knowing what was causing this suffering. As his caregiver, I cannot seem to find much information.

What are our rights legally? How do we manage financially? Where can I go for support groups? I have so many questions and I don't know where to turn to find the answers. I was wondering what your stories were for when you or your loved ...
Read more : My Husband is Newly Diagnosed | Views : 2183 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN Website

In case anyone was curious as to why you can't access the LDN website, www.lowdosenaltrexone.org, this is a response I received on another site I visit for LDN.

Contrary to the opinion of all conspiracy theorists, the unavailability
of the www.lowdosenaltrexone.org website for the past day has been
caused by the loss of a server device on the part of ArisHost, the
commercial ...
Read more : LDN Website | Views : 1738 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216288 • Total topics 22099 • Total members 13897