It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:25 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

More lesions

The researchers have found that we've got more lesions than we thought.

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... f_les.html
Read more : More lesions | Views : 1081 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Brain atrophy

The only good thing about this research is that future treatments may be judged on their ability to stop atrophy.

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... es_of.html
Read more : Brain atrophy | Views : 1068 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Damage to White Matter and Grey Matter

More research showing that damage occurs in both the White Matter and Grey Matter. They need to shift to identifying why!

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... fusio.html
Read more : Damage to White Matter and Grey Matter | Views : 887 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Repair

I like this sort of research!

Two stem cell receptors aid brain injury repair

A research team has identified two receptors that increase the number of restorative stem cells as a response to brain injury.

This knowledge, they contend, could lead to development of new drugs that target the two stem cell receptors -- called EGFR and Notch1, gp-130 -- which are key players in brain regeneration.

The research, conducted by Steve Levison, co-author ...
Read more : Repair | Views : 881 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Double Vision

First, I want to express again my thanks for answers to questions I have posted here. Regarding two recent ones, I am on my way to getting appointment at UCSF Clinic (I had asked about clinics in US) and I seeing GP tomorrow about pursuing possible celiac/glutein ataxia link.
So here is another. One of symptoms after initial episode was double vision, occuring only during heavy exercise (running). I thought it was clearing up a ...
Read more : Double Vision | Views : 1250 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Toxic agents and MS

The Boston Cure Project has published its work in relation to Toxic Agents (one of the many possible causes it is examining as part of its Cure Map). The following summarises the results of its work in this area:

http://www.acceleratedcure.org/download ... agents.pdf

Ian
Read more : Toxic agents and MS | Views : 911 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

FTY720

Novartis published first quarter results today. The following info was provided on FTY720:

FTY720 (fingolimod), an oral once-daily treatment for relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS), is currently in Phase III development. Discussions are continuing with the FDA on starting a Phase III study in the US. Data from an extension of a Phase II trial to 18 months presented in April confirmed the substantial efficacy of FTY720 in significantly reducing the relapse rate and ...
Read more : FTY720 | Views : 1602 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

IL-4 Expression by Mast Cells

IL-4 Expression By Mast Cells Modifies The Immune Response In Multiple Sclerosis
This Article
Also Appears In
Allergy Multiple Sclerosis

Main Category: Immune System / Vaccines News
Article Date: 23 Apr 2006 - 17:00pm (PDT)

IL-4 is expressed by many types of immune cells and it can act on a variety of other immune as well as non-immune cells to modulate the immune response. This broad range of effects necessitates strict control of IL-4 expression ...
Read more : IL-4 Expression by Mast Cells | Views : 793 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MS and Heat, Why?

Hi,

This seems like such a "known", yet I cant find any distinctive medically accepted reason for it. ie MS'ers heat intolerance.

What are the current thoughts on this by the medical profession?

I understand the Prokarin / histamine train of thought, but i am guessing this is not the general practice / accepted reason. or is it?

I am guessing there must be some "accepted" rationale behind it considering Ive herd it was the ...
Read more : MS and Heat, Why? | Views : 4422 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

First injection over!!

Well, started the Avonex last night and I have to say the injection wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. It didn't hurt at all and was over in a second.

The side effects kicked in about 4 hours later while in bed (had been trying to get to sleep quick in order to miss them but it never happens when you want it to!). Started feeling a little bit achy, then shivery, then absolutely ...
Read more : First injection over!! | Views : 2694 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222311 • Total topics 23088 • Total members 14618

Contact us | Terms of Service