It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:15 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Transition Therapeutics

Dignan,

I stumbled across Transition Therapeutics (Canadian company). They have the following drug/s? in trial. Not sure if it / they are on your list?

Ian

Clinical Development

A Phase II clinical trial is underway in MS patients with data expected in the second half of calendar 2006. A Phase I clinical trial has demonstrated that EMZ701 is well-tolerated and has a good safety profile.

Creating Best-In-Class Multiple Sclerosis Product

Transition is developing MS-I.E.T. (a ...
Read more : Transition Therapeutics | Views : 1339 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

My removed my post

I removed my post
Read more : My removed my post | Views : 1218 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

FDA Rejects Medical Marijuana

Hi all

Just saw an article in the Washington Post FDA Rejects Medical Marijuana

WASHINGTON -- The Food and Drug Administration said Thursday that it does not support the use of marijuana for medical purposes....

contradicts a 1999 finding from the Institute of Medicine, part of the National Academy of Sciences, which reported that "marijuana's active components are potentially effective in treating pain, nausea, the anorexia of AIDS wasting and other symptoms, and should be ...
Read more : FDA Rejects Medical Marijuana | Views : 1141 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

numbness/tingling

I have numbness/tingling in my left hand, leg and foot. I've had this since I was dxd in May 2002. I have been on Neurontin, which worked well to control it but caused weight gain. I was then on Topamax which thankfully caused weight loss but didn't do as well to control the numbness/tingling and made me feel a little "spacey". I am now on Cymbalta which is working well for the numbness/tingling symptom but ...
Read more : numbness/tingling | Views : 1495 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Biogen Sponsored Talks

I'm interested in attending an MS talk sponsored by MS Active Source (Biogen). I was wondering if anyone has been to these Biogen sponsored talks and what their experience has been. For example, are they actually informative, i.e., are they willing to discuss CAM treatments and other experimental therapies, or are they just reiterating the message that can be found in the CRAB literature?

Thanks, NHE
Read more : Biogen Sponsored Talks | Views : 1189 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Family/Celiac/multiple sclerosis

Not terribly exciting. But I was recently in contact with my brother, a rather infrequent occurance, and communicated to him that I may have MS, as useful family medical information. He responded that he has recently been diagnosed with celiac disease. That means three of four siblings in my family have a confirmed autoimmune disease. And my mother died two years ago in a confusion of conflicting diagnoses including RA and Lupus. Anyhow. I believe ...
Read more : Family/Celiac/multiple sclerosis | Views : 3054 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Genes

Her goal: Put MS out of business

Martha Crowninshield brokered high-stakes business deals all the time as a venture capitalist.

But never before had she been involved in a deal with a payoff that could help millions of people worldwide. Crowninshield is a major player in a landmark effort to search the human genome for genes that put people at risk for multiple sclerosis.

There's no cure for MS today, and even with the ...
Read more : Genes | Views : 862 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Harry Potter

Dear all,

I've always thought that we would need a wizard to crack this disease. J K Rowling is helping fund an MS research centre in Scotland.

Ian

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edi ... 924202.stm
Read more : Harry Potter | Views : 938 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Apology to Sharon

In a response to another post on a different thread I made a sarcastic comment which, in retrospect, did nothing but contribute to the problem I was supposedly addressing: to promote a healthy community of discussion and information sharing. I apologize for this to Sharon and any others effected by it. Every time I "dash off" quick internet responses I find I may yield to impulse rather than thoughtfulness.

Sharon's response, however, contained other concerns ...
Read more : Apology to Sharon | Views : 1809 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222295 • Total topics 23087 • Total members 14617

Contact us | Terms of Service