It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:34 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Counterfeit medication

I found this in the London Times, Saturday July 9th, 2005. So do be careful, especially people in Great Britain and other parts of Europe, where you buy your antibiotics from. Luckily the Canadian company first reported by GPlover would seem to be OK.

July 09, 2005

Body&Soul

A lack of chemistry
How do you know the tablets you take are real? Vivienne Parry reports on the counterfeit boom

We’ve all heard of dodgy handbags ...
Read more : Counterfeit medication | Views : 2354 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Antibiotics

fatigue meds

I've taken Provigil. It didn't work for me at all.
I've been taking Amanatine for the last three years (100mg 3xday) and up until a month ago, it worked relatively well.

Now it's as if I'm not taking anything. Fatigue is always present.

Any ideas?

Sleepily,
Niko
Read more : fatigue meds | Views : 2452 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Another One on Dr. Wheldon Regimen

Hello, everybody!

I am a 47 y/o physician, who was diagnosed in November 2002, after having MS for 15 years. At that time I was hospitalized immediately following a horrible MRI. It showed a brain edema and an incredible load of the lesions. I was given IV Decadron, while the neurologists argued with the radiologist if it was a brain tumor or a severe encephalitis.

At the time of diagnosis I was a hopeless, miserable ...
Read more : Another One on Dr. Wheldon Regimen | Views : 8931 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Antibiotics

not working?

I've been on rebif since april 30. I'm currently on the high dose 44. I'm handling the side effects pretty well, practically no flu like effects anymore. But it doesn't seem to be doing anything to the # of my attacks. I basically get an attack every 1 - 1.5 months. Most of them just give me numbness, with mild perm damage(fingers crossed that it stays that way). How long does Rebif take to work?, ...
Read more : not working? | Views : 2421 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Rebif

Collaborative Initiative Focuses on Neurological Disease

I'm always happy to see the phrases "collaborative initiative" and "neurological disease" in the same sentence.

Collaborative Initiative Focuses on Neurological Disease

July 8, 2005 - In addition to being an exercise in creating a way for researchers to collaborate across distant locations over a shared infrastructure, the Biomedical Informatics Research Network (BIRN) is creating one of the most technologically advanced studies of human neurological disorders.

Currently the BIRN involves a consortium of 19 universities ...
Read more : Collaborative Initiative Focuses on Neurological Disease | Views : 859 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Neuren - NZ company

Dear all,

In March it was reported that the US Army were taking up a brain injury drug which was in early trials. The company behind the drug are Neuren. A link to their website is attached.

http://www.neurenpharma.com/

The company are developing some interesting products relevant to MS (see under Technology and Development Pipeline). Many of the drugs are neuro-protective, but they also have a peptide in development to ...
Read more : Neuren - NZ company | Views : 1257 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Better Brain Regimen

A few posts here have mentioned the regimen for MS in The Better Brain Book by Perlmutter.

I recently bought the book. I think its a useful reference. In addition to a discussion of key risks/impacts on brain function and how to minimize, it had a good “glossary” explaining the purpose of several key supplements.

The book has sections on specific brain disorders, including MS (others are stroke, vascular dementia, alzheimers, parkinsons, and ALS).

The ...
Read more : Better Brain Regimen | Views : 1889 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Regimens

To our British Friends

Today, I just wanted to extend my thoughts and prayers to Sarah and other British MS friends. The attacks in London have brought back so many memories of the 9/11 attacks. Godspeed to all of you.

Sharon
Read more : To our British Friends | Views : 1609 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Link with asthma and chronic infections

An old but interesting piece about the link between mycoplasma and chlamydia species and chronic asthma, and by inference other chronic chest infections.

Another reason for the need of the return of the General Physician, I would have thought.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&cmd=Retrieve&list_uids=11295645&dopt=AbstractJ

A link between chronic asthma and chronic infection.

Martin RJ, Kraft M, Chu HW, Berns EA, Cassell GH.

Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center and The Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, ...
Read more : Link with asthma and chronic infections | Views : 2780 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216695 • Total topics 22136 • Total members 13920