It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:58 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Betaseron for CIS

These stories make me angry and happy at the same tiime. In the last year the CRAB manufacturers have tried to convince us that their therapies should be continued when the dreaded SP MS has been reached, there was news of a trial combining one of the beta-interferons with Copaxone, and now they want us to start them before dx of MS. That's the angry bit - they are trying to milk as much as ...
Read more : Betaseron for CIS | Views : 1318 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Genomed

Dignan,

Hadn't heard of this one. I'm always wary of trial with one person. I love the bit that say's GenoMed conducts trials for free, and then charges $800 per patient per year once results have been published. What if the results say that the drug was crap and had no effect?

Ian

GenoMed Trial Results: Multiple Sclerosis - From Two Relapses a Year to None in 16 Months 23 February 2006

ST. LOUIS, GenoMed, ...
Read more : Genomed | Views : 1793 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hormones and myelin

Sharon,

This is my be nice to Sharon week. Another article on hormones.

My advice for men on how to avoid MS - avoid EBV; don't use sunscreen; don't drink from aluminium cans; up your testosterone levels. Not sure how you achieve the last one.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Resear ... eb23-2.asp

Sharon the article has a good link to all the sex hormone research.

You might remember my bald men don't get ...
Read more : Hormones and myelin | Views : 1240 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Article about making clinical trials better

Fantastic article about clinical trials and the balance between doing no harm and causing harm by doing nothing.

Deadly Caution: How our national obsession with drug safety is killing people -- and what we can do about it.

Fortune Magazine - February 9, 2006 - For six hours on Nov. 8, 2005, time moved so slowly for Frank Burroughs and Steve Walker that it seemed to stop altogether. The two had come to a dreary ...
Read more : Article about making clinical trials better | Views : 1032 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Selective T cell stimulation

Selective T cell stimulation could help improve treatment of autoimmune disease and cancer
Medical Studies/Trials
Published: Thursday, 23-Feb-2006

The findings could also be significant for developing new ways to help patients with autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, or juvenile diabetes.

The study, which was published in the February 16 issue of the online journal Science Express, showed that these injections caused a massive selective increase in the immune system's two main types ...
Read more : Selective T cell stimulation | Views : 898 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

And another story

The clinic in Holland must be turning customers away. A consultant neuro in the UK probably earns £100,000. Sacking a few would help fund treatments for MS patients. It's a sad state of affairs when the medical profession can do nothing to help someone so young in such a dreadful situation.

Woman's £15,000 bid to defeat MS 23 February 2006

A woman crippled by multiple sclerosis is hoping to raise £15,000 for what she hopes ...
Read more : And another story | Views : 1344 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Another stem cell story

Not a day goes by in the UK press without an 'MS sufferer / stem cell treatment in Holland story'. Here's another. The view of the UK neuro profession seems to be that this treatment is a waste of time (and money). But in most case they don't have anything else to offer their patients.

Banned Treatment Helped Me Walk 23 February 2006
By Justine Marklew

WALKING his dog in the park, Malcolm Pear doesn't ...
Read more : Another stem cell story | Views : 1790 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

have you read this book ?

Has anyone read this book, he makes some claims about MS and it's treatment. I just wondered if anyone had some comments about it. Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About by: Kevin Trudeau, thx
Read more : have you read this book ? | Views : 1313 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Bone Marrow Transplantation Study Update:

Hello everybody, I have been called out to this study next month and I am very excited it is finally here. I am looking to get any input from the knowledgeable people on this site as to anything that will promote regrowth of mylein or help me through this tough procedure. I look forward to your responses.

The Multiple Sclerosis Scientific Research Foundation is funding a multi-centre project to determine definitively whether transplanting bone marrow ...
Read more : Bone Marrow Transplantation Study Update: | Views : 1586 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220807 • Total topics 22881 • Total members 14449

Contact us | Terms of Service