It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:39 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Balls

Maybe I'm being over-sensitive but would women really want their brains repaired with stem-cells from testicles?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4841786.stm
Read more : Balls | Views : 3036 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

NNZ-2566

This is one of the drugs in the pipeline at Neuren. It is a neuro-protective drug and pre-clinical results look promising. I think it has just entered into Phase 1 human trials.

See 22 March news on the company's website.

Let's hope that the human trial results are as good

<shortened url>
Read more : NNZ-2566 | Views : 1320 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Epidemiology Task Force

An epidemiology task force is being set up to look at numbers with MS / clusters etc.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Research-2006Mar24.asp
Read more : Epidemiology Task Force | Views : 821 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Anti-bodies

In my view, some of the research that holds most promise is the research on tissue from MS sufferers. A talk by the UK MS Tissue Bank is taking place next week (I can't attend but will try to get hold of the material or see what is posted on the UK MS website). I'm particularly interested in the third element of the presentation - the antibodies produced within the CNS. If such anti-bodies were ...
Read more : Anti-bodies | Views : 958 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

PARACTIN

After new articles on the potential benefits of PPARgamma agonists, I looked for "natural" PPARgamma agonists and found a product called "PARACTIN". They clame to be a natural PPARgamma agonist, also used for arthritis etc....

Anyone heart of PARACTIN before ?

Regards,
Degerlache
Read more : PARACTIN | Views : 1766 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Hormones and pregnancy

A nice story - although it also shows what a vile disease this is.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j494245796&w=464753
Read more : Hormones and pregnancy | Views : 960 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Spoke to the MS nurse today

She is coming on Wednesday next week to help me with my first Rebif injection. Seems like it took forever to get to this point. (actually it was about a month and a half) I have been so anxious to get this over with so I don't have to worry anymore about how I will react. I hope it goes good and I don't have too bad of a reaction. I am excited and nauseous ...
Read more : Spoke to the MS nurse today | Views : 1204 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Can you recommend DR in San Francisco??

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone in SF (or area) could recommend a general physician or neuro or clinic with whom they've had good experience and communication. I moved down here, I seem to be doing worse, I'd like to discuss treatment options. I realize its asking the impossible, but maybe someone who can discuss if not alternatives to CRABS then at least complements to CRABs (like, copaxone + minocycline, or copaxone + LDN). ...
Read more : Can you recommend DR in San Francisco?? | Views : 1008 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

another Boston Globe article

THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING

FDA cites concerns on monitoring drug's safety
By Jeffrey Krasner, Globe Staff | March 23, 2006

The Food and Drug Administration yesterday delayed by up to three months its decision on whether to return the multiple sclerosis drug Tysabri to the market, citing concerns about plans to safeguard patients from potentially deadly side effects.

Biogen Idec of Cambridge and Elan Corp. of Ireland, the drug's makers, said ...
Read more : another Boston Globe article | Views : 1357 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

article from Biogen's hometown about competition

THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING

Tysabri delayed as rivals gird
Biogen's competitors in $5.3b market hope to undermine return of a therapy shown to be more effective than peers
By Jeffrey Krasner, Globe Staff | March 23, 2006

While a decision on whether to bring Tysabri back to the market is on hold, makers of competing multiple sclerosis drugs are already preparing for its return.

With a worldwide market for MS drugs ...
Read more : article from Biogen's hometown about competition | Views : 1590 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221696 • Total topics 23016 • Total members 14540

Contact us | Terms of Service