It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:51 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

A new angle: using RNA

This sounds like a different way of treating MS that has potential.

A Novel Method of Modifying Immune Responses By Vaccination With Lipiodol-siRNA Mixtures.

J Transl Med. 2006 Jan 3;4(1):2
Ichim TE, Popov IA, Riordan NH, Izadi H, Zhong Z, Yijian L, Sher S, Oleinik EK.

ABSTRACT: The dendritic cell (DC) possesses the ability to stimulate both T helper 1 (Th1) and Th2 responses depending on activation stimuli. Although it is ...
Read more : A new angle: using RNA | Views : 1166 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Stem cells for immunosuppression and neuroprotection

I hope they can quickly push stem cell treatments along the road to clinical trials...

Stem cells in inflammatory demyelinating disorders: a dual role for immunosuppression and neuroprotection.

Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2006 Jan;6(1):17-22.
Uccelli A, Zappia E, Benvenuto F, Frassoni F, Mancardi G.
Department of Neurosciences, Ophthalmology and Genetics, University of Genoa, Via De Toni 5, 16132 Genoa, Italy. auccelli@neurologia.unige.it

In recent years much excitement has been generated over ...
Read more : Stem cells for immunosuppression and neuroprotection | Views : 1212 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Infectious cause

Dear all,

As most of you know I'm not a believer in the auto-immune theory of MS. I have no medical training etc but rely on basic observation. Inflammation is the body's response to something e.g. if you cut your finger it becomes inflammed as the immune system targets any foreign invaders. My gut feeling tells me that the same must be true with MS. Something is happening in the CNS and the immune system ...
Read more : Infectious cause | Views : 3303 | Replies : 29 | Forum : General Discussion

Insurance Company Denial

Atlantic Blue Cross has denied my claim for LDN. I submitted a special authorization form (after it was denied the first time) that the neurologist filled out, and they still won't allow me to put my prescription costs for LDN through for reimbursement. It reads "Established payment criteria indicates that Revia is not reimbursed for treatment of MS".

There are so many things wrong with this. First of all, shouldn't the medical "professionals" decide what ...
Read more : Insurance Company Denial | Views : 2189 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Try Again

I wish i could just try everything out there that might help, but unfortunately all the new and maybe promising treatments have to go through the government testing which takes a long time ,probably longer than alot of us have before the claws of ms really take hold.I would say from all you read it looks promising for future msers but i guess people back in the 70's and 80's said the same thing. Somtimes ...
Read more : Try Again | Views : 1858 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Stem Cell Treatments and MS

Hi all,

We at the MSRC are putting together an expanded section on Stem Cell Treatments, and as part of that, and for New Pathways Magazine, I am looking for people who are considering having, or have had SCT for their MS to provide personal feedback on the various companies and their experiences, whether it helped or not, how you were treated (hopefully you get the picture).

I already have some personal stories at ...
Read more : Stem Cell Treatments and MS | Views : 1535 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Hypothyroidism and Rebif

Hi! My mom has MS and hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's specifically). She's been on Copaxone but she just had a scan and they found new lesions, so they're thinking of switching her. But she's read that you shouldn't take Rebif if you have thyroid problems.

Does anyone have experience dealing with both a thyroid problem and Rebif?

Also, has anyone had problems with their white blood cell count being too low?

Thanks so much for your help!
Read more : Hypothyroidism and Rebif | Views : 5676 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Rebif

Are these relapses?

I was diagnosed over a year ago and have been pretty lucky I think. I had a distinct problem that led to diagnosis, double vision that cleared up within about a month and some spotty numbness through my legs that went on for a few months at the same time and again (numbness) when starting LDN a year ago...but that went away pretty quickly.

Since my initial attack I haven't had any symptons that have ...
Read more : Are these relapses? | Views : 1574 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Immunosenescence:ported answer

I ported my response to Shayk on the general forum under the topic
"Immunosenescence..." here because I am so being a CPn apologist and did not wan to be hijacking the general thread. PLEASE READ THE EARLIER POSTS THERE FIRST..marie

Sharon
You are thinking long about this subject. this is what's fun about this board where we can talk and think all we want about this most important subject. We have to base treatment decisions ...
Read more : Immunosenescence:ported answer | Views : 2098 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220986 • Total topics 22912 • Total members 14475

Contact us | Terms of Service