It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:46 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Please complete our survey for Cpn protocol users

We've put up a survey to gather data for users of combination antibiotic protocols (e.g. Stratton/Vanderbilt, Wheldon) to treat Chlamydia pneumoniae. We are hoping to gather some useful data for patients and doctors using these protocols.

This community probably has the widest range, in terms of time, of users and would contribute greatly to this data. All results will be held as confidential.

Take a look at:
http://www.CPn Help.org/?q=surveys

This ...
Read more : Please complete our survey for Cpn protocol users | Views : 1560 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Regimens

Please complete our survey for Cpn protocol users

We've put up a survey to gather data for users of combination antibiotic protocols (e.g. Stratton/Vanderbilt, Wheldon) to treat Chlamydia pneumoniae. We are hoping to gather some useful data for patients and doctors using these protocols.

This community probably has the widest range, in terms of time, of users and would contribute greatly to this data. All results will be held as confidential.

Take a look at:
http://www.CPn Help.org/?q=surveys

This ...
Read more : Please complete our survey for Cpn protocol users | Views : 1259 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

Foot Drop, MS and the new SAFO

Just wanting to know if anyone has got a SAFO and what they think of it. Does it work? Is it worth the cost ? Has it lasted as long as you expected ? etc etc

http://www.safo.eu.com/en/index.html

Read more : Foot Drop, MS and the new SAFO | Views : 1336 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Vit D

Another piece of research about the benefits of Vit D.

After my two weeks in Florida in August (plenty of sun) I feel very very well. I'll continue with the oily fish through the winter. Are there any other sources of Vit D (apart from tablets)?

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j392341798&w=464753

Difficult to understand the gender difference in MS (women 2-3 times the rate of men) in the context of Vit D. I ...
Read more : Vit D | Views : 1282 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Searching for a new dr

Hello all. It's been quite a while since I've posted, but things have been a bit stagnant in our lives. My husband is losing ground and we need to find a neuro who is progressive and willing to help him with symptom control. He has a very nice, safe neuro who is willing to watch him continue to lose ground and not do anything about it as it may not be the "best" treatment. Well, ...
Read more : Searching for a new dr | Views : 1118 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Advice please

Quick Intro.

I've had many symptoms of MS for a few years and my diagnosis has gone backwards and forwards.My family and I noticed a few years ago that I seemed to be better after taking certain antibiotics so i started researching antibiotics on the CNS in 2001.

Over the past couple of years my stiffness and spasms have increased,I now walk with crutches and use a wheelchair for longer distances.

My Neurologist discharged me ...
Read more : Advice please | Views : 1699 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Antibiotics

Stem cells / Madison Wisconsin

Anyone live near Madison, Wisconsin?

There is a lecture on 19 September about stem cells and how they might help diseases like MS.

http://www.wisconsinacademy.org/news/re ... 81505.html

Bromley
Read more : Stem cells / Madison Wisconsin | Views : 1320 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Genzyme halts drug test after death(Campath)

Genzyme halts drug test after death
Three MS patients in Campath trial get blood disorder
By Stephen Heuser, Globe Staff | September 17, 2005

Genzyme Corp. said yesterday that it has halted an experimental treatment for multiple sclerosis after three patients contracted a rare bleeding disorder and one of them died.

Article Tools
Printer friendly
E-mail to a friend
Business RSS feed
Available RSS feeds
Most e-mailed
Reprints/permissions
More:
Business section |
Latest business news ...
Read more : Genzyme halts drug test after death(Campath) | Views : 1314 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Pets and MS

Hello,

I have read a few articles indicating that pets such as cats and dogs can contribute to the development of MS and possibly make symptoms worse. Has anyone else heard of this or had an experience like this with their pet?

Alicia
Read more : Pets and MS | Views : 1122 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

RRMS vs PPMS, diagnostic criteria

My apologies in advance, I never seem to contribute to these forums, only ask more questions but here goes.

I know there are short textbook explanations of difference between relapsing-remitting and primary progrssive forms of MS. But they leave me completely confused.

If anyone has been diagnosed as PPMS (or rediagnosed from RR to PP) can you please provide info on what exactly were both the criteria and the clinical syptoms and/or MRI results that ...
Read more : RRMS vs PPMS, diagnostic criteria | Views : 1692 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218674 • Total topics 22534 • Total members 14181