It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:52 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Greetings from central Illinois

To introduce myself, I will explain that I can't remember how I found this site, but I feel it will be comfortable and accepting of me as a person with multiple sclerosis. The community members, seem to be open to ideas and willing to share and help each other.

I am a 56 year old female living in Central Illinois, wife to a wonderful guy for 34 years, mother of a 24 year old son, ...
Read more : Greetings from central Illinois | Views : 1490 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

drug references in NYT article

The New York Times has another installation today of its series on being a patient. It's about hope, and in my opinion, they do a good job of it. They use an example of a woman with SPMS and it turns out to be quite a hopeful story as she regains much movement. They refer to the drug she is on as a pill taken once a day, in clincial trials in the U.S., and ...
Read more : drug references in NYT article | Views : 1341 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Switching therapeutic genes on and off

Basic research, but they say they hope to enter Phase I trials soon...

Cedars-Sinai researchers demonstrate a new way to switch therapeutic genes 'on' and 'off'

December 23, 2005 - A gene therapy research team at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has developed a new method of signaling therapeutic genes to turn "off" or "on," a mechanism that could enable scientists to fine-tune genetic- and stem cell-based therapies so that they are safer, more controllable and more ...
Read more : Switching therapeutic genes on and off | Views : 1301 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

The MSRC 24 hour Telephone Counselling Service

The MSRC 24 Hour Telephone Counselling Service

Please note that the Multiple Sclerosis Resource Centre MS Telephone Counselling Service is available 24 hours a day for 365 days of the year
- so that includes Christmas - 0800 783 0518 and press 1.
If you need to talk the counselling service is always there.

If you don't need a Counsellor but want us to ring you back we will do that over the Christmas and ...
Read more : The MSRC 24 hour Telephone Counselling Service | Views : 948 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Meery Xmas and Happy New Year

This is probably my last chance to login before the break so here's wishing a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all. Thanks for the interesting, itelligent and thought-provoking reading you've all given me this year - look forward to more in '06.
Read more : Meery Xmas and Happy New Year | Views : 1280 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

EPO

EPO is in pre-clinical studies for MS. This abstract talks about a modified version that would possibly have fewer side effects...

Delayed administration of erythropoietin and its non-erythropoietic derivatives ameliorates chronic murine autoimmune encephalomyelitis.

J Neuroimmunol. 2005 Dec 6;
Savino C, Pedotti R, Baggi F, Ubiali F, Gallo B, Nava S, Bigini P, Barbera S, Fumagalli E, Mennini T, Vezzani A, Rizzi M, Coleman T, Cerami A, Brines M, Ghezzi P, Bianchi R.
"Mario Negri" ...
Read more : EPO | Views : 1387 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

My Pharmacist's take on LDN

After finishing my first 3-month supply of LDN I phoned in my refill to my compounding pharmacy today. The pharmacist asked me how I felt and I told him that since I started taking LDN I have had no MS symptoms and my energy levels have returned to normal. I also added that I understand that this could be totally normal in RRMS and LDN may or may not be attributable to my symptom improvement. ...
Read more : My Pharmacist's take on LDN | Views : 2596 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Categorizing pain?

From reading this forum, I understand that nobody's MS is the same and perhaps I am still in partial denial of my DX. I believe that the numbness and tingling I have in my hands and arms are attributed to MS. Sometimes they will ache also. I have tingling and numbness in my feet. I have had deep aching in my lower legs, occasional cramping in my feet. I attribute this to MS. I cannot ...
Read more : Categorizing pain? | Views : 1309 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello from Washington Coast

I have been reading information on this site, searching for answers, since my "definite" diagnosis a year ago. I'm 43, married 25 years to a good man, two wonderful children, 23 and 20. Have four cats, one longhair domestic, a long hair Manx and two Bengal's. Also have three dogs, a mastiff and two border collies. In the past three years I have gone from being in excellent physical shape, able to run a mile ...
Read more : Hello from Washington Coast | Views : 1633 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Unraveling how brain insulation is damaged

Here's an interesting article I just ran across.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/science/nationa ... 51221.html

Dunmann.
Read more : Unraveling how brain insulation is damaged | Views : 1230 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220814 • Total topics 22881 • Total members 14450

Contact us | Terms of Service