It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:52 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Location....

I know I've posted here regarding this before.

I sure wish members would update their profile and include a location. I don't mean you have to be too specific. Maybe just a country!

When posts are made regarding MS topics, it would be helpful to members reading the posts since it is not always disclosed as to location. Example, a post made by someone about a promising research occurring "locally" could mean Australia. I live ...
Read more : Location.... | Views : 1392 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

What are the components used in Aimspro?

i was wondering if anyone knows the components of the goat serum? What part of the blood do they use, or what is the process? I am not able to use whole blood products of any sort, but if it were just a certain component, it may be possible. Also, is it available anywhere but the uk at this time?
Thanks!
Read more : What are the components used in Aimspro? | Views : 3518 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Aimspro

Dry Eyes

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone else had ever experienced anything like this due to MS. Probably for about the past 3 months or so my eyes are extremely dry when I wake up. It feels like I have been sleeping with my eyes open all night long. I have to blink several times before I can see anything after I wake up in the morning. I have tried a humidifier and this does help ...
Read more : Dry Eyes | Views : 1286 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

back/hip pain

Even before my DX of MS, I was having severe lower back pain and at times hip pain. The hip pain was usually associated with difficulty walking-it turned out the lower back pain was muscle spasms which responded very well to baclofen. I have since been DX with osteoarthritis which mostly affects my knees and hand/fingers, but sometimes my hips. A Rheumatologist finally did x-rays of my knees and that is how I was DX. ...
Read more : back/hip pain | Views : 1226 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MS and Dental Implants

Hi,
I'm new in this group.I have got MS 12 years ago.I'ma 36 years old.I'm on Rebif years ago.Noone could possible that I'am MSer.I have put 2 dental implants last year.I havn't any problem with it and havn't notice that have problem with my MS.I'm going to have MRI at the end of April.That is my first exam since I have put dental implants.What do you think about all of that?
Read more : MS and Dental Implants | Views : 2025 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

MS & Low back pain?

My MS was dx in December after being referred to a neuro by an orthopedist I had gone to for low back pain and hip pain I had been having for almost two years after stepping in a hole while walking and twisting my lower back. My question is, do any other's out there have continuous low back pain and intermittent hip joint pain due to MS? I have only seen my neuro three times. ...
Read more : MS & Low back pain? | Views : 3765 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Possible new source of Stem Cells:HAIR!

"Stem cells found in mouse hair follicles can develop into brain cells and other cell types, researchers report. The finding suggests human hair follicles may be an effective, accessible locale in which to harvest these regenerative cells."

Click the following link to the whole article.

http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/health/feeds/hscout/2005/03/28/hscout524753.html
Read more : Possible new source of Stem Cells:HAIR! | Views : 1372 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

COPAXONE-NEG. REACTIONS NEED HELP!

WWW.MULTIPLESCLEROSISBLUES.COM
IS A WEB PAGE I CREATED AS AN ATTEMPT TO REACH PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD SEVERE (OR ANY FORM) OF INJECTION SITE LIPOATROPHY OR BAD PITTING AND DENTS. I HAVE TRIED ON MY OWN FOR TWO YEARS TO DEAL WITH TEVA NEUROSCIENCES AND HAVE STRUCK OUT.
THIS IS MY LAST HOPE.
PLEASE PLEASE VISIT THE PAGE, AND IF YOU CAN, CONTACT ME AND SHARE YOUR STORIES.
MY MOST ...
Read more : COPAXONE-NEG. REACTIONS NEED HELP! | Views : 1377 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Forum Icons........or whatever

The icons.......or whatever you'd like to call them, that indicate " new forum posts" are no longer coming through orange. They're just showing up like any other, already read ones. I have to go through the forums and look for posting dates to decide if I've read them.

Is this just me & my computer or what.

Treez

P.S. this just happened in the last couple of days!!
Read more : Forum Icons........or whatever | Views : 1876 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Support

Seeking Advice Regarding Second Opinions, HMOs, Etc.

My insurance company is an HMO, and because I am single and self-employed I am essentially locked into it. During the years that my MS wasn't progressing very rapidly, my Neurologist and I got along fine. Over the past year, however, my functioning has declined noticeably. I have been on CRABS consistently for about 6 years, then did 2 months of Tysabri before it was withdrawn. At this point I want to do one of ...
Read more : Seeking Advice Regarding Second Opinions, HMOs, Etc. | Views : 1390 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216300 • Total topics 22103 • Total members 13900