It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:40 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Travel

HI! I'm an EDSS about 5.5 self score: limited walking etc, use a cane, can go about the length of a football field on my feet. My grandbaby was sick and I HAD to go, so went to virginia to see him in April. I had to use a chair in the airport...those places are so huge! I'm on abx you can see my regimens entry as I started recently.

What I would like to ...
Read more : Travel | Views : 872 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Teriflunomide Phase III news

I've been wondering when there would be more information about the teriflunomide trials in North America. I guess it takes a lot of work to get a phase III study up and running.

Phase III Study of Teriflunomide in Reducing the Frequency of Relapses and Accumulation of Disability in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis

This study is not yet open for patient recruitment.

Sponsored by: Aventis Pharmaceuticals

Purpose
Multinational Study; 2 years treatment duration; objectives are ...
Read more : Teriflunomide Phase III news | Views : 2641 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Aubagio (teriflunomide)

L.D.N for undiagnosed M.S.

Hi everyone

I have not been diagnosed with M.S. I have one lesion and have pins and needles, heat intolerence and burning. I have been told that I have possible M.S. as no other cause can be find for the symtoms
Anyway what I'd like to know is if I take L.N.D. can any harm be done if it turns out that I don't have M.S.
Thanks
Read more : L.D.N for undiagnosed M.S. | Views : 2151 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

New website on Chlamydia Pneumonia (Cpn) treatment/research

Hi all-
Wanted to let you know that we have a new, noncommercial website up on Chlamydia Pneumonia (Cpn) treatment and research:

www.CPn Help.org

I wanted to have a central place for information that crossed diffferent disease diagnoses so we can compare, contrast, and get patient reports as well as all levels of information from casual to technical. David Wheldon, Charles Stratton, Sarah Wheldon and others have lent their support, ...
Read more : New website on Chlamydia Pneumonia (Cpn) treatment/research | Views : 2475 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Antibiotics

Riluzole completed Phase I for PPMS

The Accelerated Cure project mentioned this small Phase I trial in their news section today. Riluzole is a drug for ALS. It's always good news when they test a drug for PPMS.

Glutamate inhibition in MS: the neuroprotective properties of riluzole

J Neurol Sci. 2005 Jun 15;233(1-2):113-5. Epub 2005 Apr 20.

Killestein J, Kalkers NF, Polman CH.
Department of Neurology, VU Medical Centre, P.O. Box 7057, 1007 MB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. J.Killestein@vumc.nl ...
Read more : Riluzole completed Phase I for PPMS | Views : 1436 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Cannabinor in Phase I trials

I guess I jumped the gun on my pipeline list a bit as I already had this in Phase I.

Pharmos Initiates Phase I Trial of CB2-Selective Drug Candidate Cannabinor

Sept. 6 -- PRNewswire-FirstCall -- Pharmos Corporation announced today that it has initiated a Phase I trial with cannabinor, a CB2-selective synthetic cannabinoid drug candidate. The study will assess the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of cannabinor in healthy volunteers.

The trial will enroll up to ...
Read more : Cannabinor in Phase I trials | Views : 1240 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

solumedrol problems

what are all the side affects of this med dr recently started me on it since i have been feeling all out of wack. moody, aggitated, anger easy don't give a s... attitude could care less. how long does this stay with aperson, makes me wonder if this will be worth continuing i'm scared hate the way i feel on this/
Read more : solumedrol problems | Views : 2049 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

more steroid needed?

I am new to this forum and DX with ms about 3 years ago. Currently, having sensation, numbness problems from my waist down. My feet feel like they are petrifying. My neuro prescribed prednisone 500mg for four days but has had no effect. Also prescribed clonazepam for the burning symptoms. Has anyone out there had this? Should I be asking for a stronger steroid? I am concerned about treating the symptoms rather than trying to ...
Read more : more steroid needed? | Views : 1191 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

anti-oxidants etc

Dear all,

This research should be of interest to all those interested in anti-oxidants and MS.

Bromley

http://www.msif.org/goexternal.rm?id=3022
Read more : anti-oxidants etc | Views : 1771 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

question on how it works

hi all,

Ok, i understand the theory, if i am not wrong:

Naltrexone blocks opioid receptors and by shutting them down for a short period, with only a low dose, the body kicks in and produces more endorphines (the bodys own opioid). And it is these endorphines that "correct" the immune system.

Now, that bit is all clear to me, and also why its taken at night. The bit I am wondering about is: Naltrexone ...
Read more : question on how it works | Views : 2256 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218722 • Total topics 22544 • Total members 14189