It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:23 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MS walk/bike

I was DX with MS in 2000, and have participated in the walk every year since then, even if I could only walk 1/2 block (which was the first 2 years after DX on a good day). I am going to walk again this year. Every year when it gets closer to the walk, I become very angry that not one person in my family (7 sisters and 2 daughters) has ever donated or volunteered ...
Read more : MS walk/bike | Views : 2274 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Folding canes?

Hi,

This is AAron, not to be confused with our fearless leader aRRon. :lol:

Anyway, I've heard people speak of canes that the can fold and carry if they don't need it at the time. Does anyone have any info on how I can purchase one of these. I sometimes 'gimp' after walking a distance, but sometimes I don't, and I don't want to be lugging around ...
Read more : Folding canes? | Views : 1153 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Elan at SG Cowen Annual Healthcare Conference

Elan at SG Cowen Annual Healthcare Conference

March 16, 2005

MANAGEMENT DISCUSSION SECTION

We will get started here. This next session is Elan and I am pretty sure you all know what they are up to. But joining us today, and we were happy his, is CEO Kelly Martin and Head of R&D Lars Ekman, and the way this is going to work is Kelly is going to spend probably about half the session ...
Read more : Elan at SG Cowen Annual Healthcare Conference | Views : 2382 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Using Medical Marijuana

Alison Myrden has Multiple Sclerosis. Her condition causes her constant pain, bladder problems and leg spasms. The drugs prescribed for her condition render her comatose. Instead, Alison chooses medical marijuana. Come spend a day with her and find out why.

http://www.cbc.ca/webone/alison/
Read more : Using Medical Marijuana | Views : 5481 | Replies : 28 | Forum : Regimens

Avonex warning

The FDA and Biogen IDEC have made a joint press release warning of possible severe liver damage to those who use Avonex. For more details please go to this site:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... _biogen_dc

Harry
Read more : Avonex warning | Views : 4332 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Avonex

Will the last ms researcher turn out the lights

Another 'momentus' day in the world of ms.

In the last month the following have gone (or been pulled) - Tysabri, Goats Serum, Antisense, GSK. How long before the Novartis oral treatment or the other oral treatments in trial?

So what's left - the CRABS which at 30% effectiveness aren't particulalry stunning (and don't forget the side effects).

An Alzeimers drug was being recommended for ms sufferers experiencing memory loss - but the UK has ...
Read more : Will the last ms researcher turn out the lights | Views : 3723 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

A question for Deb r.e. Desipramine

This question was actually sparked by the previous question on what happened to Cari Loder. The Cari Loder regime used the tricyclic antidepressant lofepramine. As lofepramine metabolises to desipramine, would not the trials done some years ago on lofepramine be directly equivalent to desipramine?

There is a trial results full text here:

http://jnnp.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/73/3/246

Robin
Read more : A question for Deb r.e. Desipramine | Views : 2295 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Copaxone and Fatigue?

I have been trying to adjust to the MS meds since my DX late 2003. Tried Avonex for about 6 months and was really sick for mostly the whole time. Went on Copaxone and felt like I was doing alot better but have been really tired (Been on Copaxone for about 4-6months). I went off for about 2 weeks last month and I started feeling alot better. Of course my neuro increased my zoloft and ...
Read more : Copaxone and Fatigue? | Views : 12079 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Copaxone

Cari Loder

:) Hi,

I once read a book,written by Cari Loder in 1997,title:"Standing in the light",about ms.

Cari Loder found a medicine she developed herself,thinking it was the solution for ms.

Unfortunately,it wasnt.

Is there anyone who ever heard of Cari Loder,I wonder very much how she is doing.

At the time she wrote her book she lived in England.

I wrote already to the BBC,because she was ...
Read more : Cari Loder | Views : 1504 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

A good book

I'm reading Multiple Sclerosis: Current Status and Strategies for the Future (2001) from the US Institute of Medicine (IOM)
Available freely online at
http://books.nap.edu/books/0309072859/html/index.html

Check it out if you haven't already and have otherwise run out of web based info to occupy your mind with :D

Jeremy
Read more : A good book | Views : 1416 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216392 • Total topics 22112 • Total members 13905