It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:20 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Received this in my inbox

Melody,

Does 'Hubby' have a name? Every time I see you referring to 'hubby' I am reminded of how awful I would find it to be referred to as 'the wife'.

Just to set the record straight hubby is a tad paranoid about having his name over the internet it was in no way disrespectful. I've mentioned the inbox to him and he has sanctioned the use of his first name. ...
Read more : Received this in my inbox | Views : 923 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Neurovax article

Read more : Neurovax article | Views : 1438 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MIF

I posted on MIF before but the BBC website has posted the story today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4408146.stm
Read more : MIF | Views : 779 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Major motor neuron finding

This is basic research, but it seems to be a big deal.

Scientists Crack Code for Motor Neuron Wiring

Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) researchers have deciphered a key part of the regulatory code that governs how motor neurons in the spinal cord connect to specific target muscles in the limbs.

The researchers said that understanding this code may help guide progress in restoring motor neuron function in people whose spinal cords have been damaged ...
Read more : Major motor neuron finding | Views : 1117 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Poem by Chidioch Tychborne in the Tower of London

This poem was written before Chidioch's execution. When I heard it yesterday it brought back all the anguish of diagnosis and the life to which we are condemned.

My prime of youth is but a frost of cares,
my feast of joy is but a dish of paine:
My crop of corne is but a field of tares,
and al my good is but vaine hope of gaine.
The day is past, and yet I ...
Read more : Poem by Chidioch Tychborne in the Tower of London | Views : 994 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

golden?

definite dx of rr ms at 57 yrs old. having symptoms for years, but always dx as something else. finally saw a neuro at teaching hospital in philly and he confirmed what my gp and priest suspected. wanted dx but hate this one. yes, have hot/cold flashes where i feel drenched. femopause long over, so not from that. also get crippling lower back aches sometimes from slightest activity. seems to be getting worse w/cooler weather. ...
Read more : golden? | Views : 3745 | Replies : 2 | Forum : MS in the Golden Years

Don't read this on a full stomach

These two research papers should not be read on a full stomach. Remember the old theory - that MS was an inflammatory disease (auto-immune), lesions are the result of the attack on myelin (the white matter) etc etc etc. It took the researchers 50 years to come up with the theory and to develop drugs which have little real impact on this disease.

Now - the tune has change. MS involves the white matter and ...
Read more : Don't read this on a full stomach | Views : 2729 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

MS SUCKS and it is time our Government KNOWS IT!!

You know I left all forums for about a year because I was so sick of reading new trials, new meds,new articles,new causes of MS, ect. ect. ect

I was in a trial for almost a year....guess what the meds, mixed with my symptom meds,dried my mouth out to the point where I need dentures because of the bacteria that spread rampant in my mouth due to dryness

This disease SUCKS. Why is everyone spending ...
Read more : MS SUCKS and it is time our Government KNOWS IT!! | Views : 2476 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220281 • Total topics 22795 • Total members 14387

Contact us | Terms of Service