It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:49 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

GREETING FROM SO CAL MS

looking for soc sec and disability info. ON PATH TO NO MONEY
Read more : GREETING FROM SO CAL MS | Views : 1518 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

A novel hypothesis regarding the pathogenesis of MS

Some of this is way beyond my comprehension, but it looks interesting. I like that they propose a reason for - and the implications of - the loss of positive charge in myelin that other researchers discovered and published last year.

Molecules affecting myelin stability: A novel hypothesis regarding the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis

Mastronardi FG, Moscarello MA.

Structural Biochemistry and Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

In this Mini-Review we present ...
Read more : A novel hypothesis regarding the pathogenesis of MS | Views : 1646 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Prescription Drug Pricing (and "Fixing"?)

There have been some discussions recently regarding drug prices. I thought the following might be of interest. This is going to be lengthy, so I'll highlight.

First, here is an explanation of how wholesale drug prices are formulated, from a law firm who is involved in this lawsuit:

....The standard practice in the pharmaceutical industry is that the federal Medicare program, state Medicaid agencies, third party payors and Patients reimburse physicians and pharmacies for ...
Read more : Prescription Drug Pricing (and "Fixing"?) | Views : 1550 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Gibbledygook's antibiotic log

I am 33 years old. I was diagnosed in March 2004. My mother had MS. I was born in May and have no younger siblings. My first symptoms were in early 2002. My symptoms then were transient (seconds - long) loss of motor function and sensory paresthesia in the right arm and difficulty swallowing. the former symptom cleared completely. Months later I had a completely numb right hand and mild malcoordination of the right foot. ...
Read more : Gibbledygook's antibiotic log | Views : 73083 | Replies : 467 | Forum : Regimens

Multiple Sclerosis Alternatives

Hello!

A growing number of MS sufferers claim to have obtained good results treating their condition with diet, food supplements, lifestyle changes, and other natural means. You can read the testimonies of some of them at http://i.webring.com/hub?ring=multiplescleros1

Check it out!

With best wishes,

Dudley Delany, R.N., M.A., D.C.
Read more : Multiple Sclerosis Alternatives | Views : 2009 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

The National MS Society

Hi!

I put my MS into long-term remission using an alternative treatment suggested by Edgar Cayce, a man many regard as the father of modern holistic medicine. I wrote a book about my experience which went through five hard copy editions and can now be read free of charge on the Internet at

http://www.webspawner.com/users/multscler2/index.html

When I tried to interest the NMSS in my book, it was determined by their ...
Read more : The National MS Society | Views : 1346 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

I am just amazed

all the time with people's generosity and good nature.

My Marathon total has jumped again and now stands at a massive £2,930.03!

To say I am over the moon would be an understatement.

I would like to thank personally all those who have already donated, some anonymously, it is only with the support of people like you that I can stay motivated to keep on training and ultimately reach my goal!

If anyone else feels ...
Read more : I am just amazed | Views : 1237 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Tysabri 2 year data out

Full data will be released at AAN in april but here is the news release:

TYSABRI-R- Two-Year Monotherapy Trial Demonstrates Significant Impact on Disability Progression and Relapse Rate in Multiple Sclerosis
Thursday February 17, 2:30 am ET

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. & DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 17, 2005--
Data Show 42% Reduction in the Risk of Disability Progression and Sustained 67% Reduction in Relapse Rate

Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB - News) and Elan Corporation, plc (NYSE: ELN - ...
Read more : Tysabri 2 year data out | Views : 5755 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Greetings from caregiver

Hi: My loving wife diagnosed 2 weeks before 9/11. On co-paxon. Rem itting/Relapsing. Her brother was diagnosed 2 weeks before she was and that is how we finally discovered what was wrong with her. Were dealing with it. She has good attitude and her mantra is......you play with the cards God deals you. We are doing that and trying to make a difference with the disease and help others inflicted with it as well as ...
Read more : Greetings from caregiver | Views : 1455 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

ASPERTAME CAUSING/COMPLICATING MS ???

I learned of the Aspertame and its alleged affects, including suspicions that it mimics MS symptoms, yesterday while helping the MS Society at Lobby Day at the Capitol in St Paul to get some important legislation passed in 05 to help the folks who are struggling to get by and who are disabled. It's senate and house bill 984 and 980. Call you legislator to support it for MN residents

Although a legislator gave me ...
Read more : ASPERTAME CAUSING/COMPLICATING MS ??? | Views : 4672 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216333 • Total topics 22109 • Total members 13902