It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:57 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Treatment end point?

This is more i guess out of interest, as it is getting a bit ahead of myself. I have failed to actually read anything explicit on it from the various protocols.

If CPn infection has a high chance of false negatives, how are you planning on deciding what the end point is for your treatment is? or do you see this as a treatment for the rest of your life?
Read more : Treatment end point? | Views : 2326 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Antibiotics

last relapse?

I was wondering, how long into this treatment are people experiencing that they are no longer having relapses of MS?

I understand it would be pretty hard with the reactions some are getting to flagyl.

I have been pretty lucky as my major cause/trigger of relapses are a cold/flu, of which I havnt had since march.

I am wondering how long (how many flagyl pulses etc) you have been on abx treatment before a trigger ...
Read more : last relapse? | Views : 1602 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Antibiotics

HSCT

The following is from a post on the Boston Cure Project sites:

'HSCT is acronym for hematopoetic stem cell transplant. I underwent this procedure about 2 years ago under the care of Dr. Richard Burt, an immunotherapist at Northwestern and probably the best in the country if not the world for this. It involves "rebooting" the immune system by collecting bone marrow stem cells, then drastically reducing the immune system thru a combination of chemo ...
Read more : HSCT | Views : 1387 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Comparing various CPn regimens

For anyone who hasn't seen this page, set up by the hardwoking Jim, have a look. It should solve many of the queries I have been receiving.

http://www.CPn Help.org/?q=node/147

Comparing the Antibiotic Regimens
As people get into more of the information about the combination antibiotic (abx) protocols on this site, confusion can arise about what medications are used with which protocol, and even which version. In the interests of clarity, I will try to summarize and ...
Read more : Comparing various CPn regimens | Views : 1409 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

Gene for B-cell development and axons

At least this is something that seems tied in to axonal degeneration, even if they don't know exactly how...

Gene for B-cell development factor might be involved in multiple sclerosis

A gene involved in B-cell development might play a role in multiple sclerosis. The results of a large study published today in the open access journal BMC Neurology reveal that multiple sclerosis (MS) patients are more likely to carry two specific genetic variations in the ...
Read more : Gene for B-cell development and axons | Views : 1050 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Rituximab

However bad you think you have it some poor bastard has it worse. Here is an article from the Boston Cure Project about two MS horror stories where Rituximab helped.

'B' cells seem to be the culprits in these cases (not sure if 'T' cells played a role).

http://www.bostoncure.org:8080/article. ... =nocomment
Read more : Rituximab | Views : 1736 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Elan

As with Biogen - Elan (Biogen's partners on Tysabri) are pinning their hopes on Tysabri coming back.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/artic ... 16,00.html
Read more : Elan | Views : 939 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Kitkat2's "Ax"-cellent Adventure!

My mino and doxy have arrived apparently just in time for me to be thoroughly confused about the protocols. The "latest" seems to be quite different.
??
Began mino. yest. Two doses so far and have increased spasticity throughout, nagging neck pain which radiates down arms, sudden bouts of hand pain, ringing in ears, sinus/facial pain, sneezing, non-productive cough, feels like BP is lower than usual; also, interestingly, ...
Read more : Kitkat2's "Ax"-cellent Adventure! | Views : 6639 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Regimens

Thanks thisisms

MS is a vile disease (like many chronic diseases). However, the internet and websites such as these can help us share experiences etc and hopefully make us more informed (to the annoyance of the so called experts no doubt). Knowing that others experience the same fears / challenges can help. My thoughts are echoed in a recent piece of research - see below:

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/news_events ... ctive.html

Thanks you Arron ...
Read more : Thanks thisisms | Views : 900 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

BioMS MBP8298 positive review

Good news for MBP8298 Phase II/III trial...

Data Safety Monitoring Board gives positive review for BioMS Medical's pivotal MS trial

October 27 - CNW - BioMS Medical Corp., a leading developer in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS), announced that following the second meeting of its independent Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB), the Company has received a recommendation to continue its pivotal phase II/III clinical trial for MBP8298 for the treatment of secondary progressive multiple ...
Read more : BioMS MBP8298 positive review | Views : 1333 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220810 • Total topics 22881 • Total members 14450

Contact us | Terms of Service