It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:11 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Stem cells / Madison Wisconsin

Anyone live near Madison, Wisconsin?

There is a lecture on 19 September about stem cells and how they might help diseases like MS.

http://www.wisconsinacademy.org/news/re ... 81505.html

Bromley
Read more : Stem cells / Madison Wisconsin | Views : 1331 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Genzyme halts drug test after death(Campath)

Genzyme halts drug test after death
Three MS patients in Campath trial get blood disorder
By Stephen Heuser, Globe Staff | September 17, 2005

Genzyme Corp. said yesterday that it has halted an experimental treatment for multiple sclerosis after three patients contracted a rare bleeding disorder and one of them died.

Article Tools
Printer friendly
E-mail to a friend
Business RSS feed
Available RSS feeds
Most e-mailed
Reprints/permissions
More:
Business section |
Latest business news ...
Read more : Genzyme halts drug test after death(Campath) | Views : 1322 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Pets and MS

Hello,

I have read a few articles indicating that pets such as cats and dogs can contribute to the development of MS and possibly make symptoms worse. Has anyone else heard of this or had an experience like this with their pet?

Alicia
Read more : Pets and MS | Views : 1130 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

RRMS vs PPMS, diagnostic criteria

My apologies in advance, I never seem to contribute to these forums, only ask more questions but here goes.

I know there are short textbook explanations of difference between relapsing-remitting and primary progrssive forms of MS. But they leave me completely confused.

If anyone has been diagnosed as PPMS (or rediagnosed from RR to PP) can you please provide info on what exactly were both the criteria and the clinical syptoms and/or MRI results that ...
Read more : RRMS vs PPMS, diagnostic criteria | Views : 1715 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Immune system

Dear all,

The attached article was on the BBC website today.

The drug is not currently used for MS but Dacluzimab which is also an anti-transplant rejection drug is in trial. The moral of the story is that while you can affect the immune system by using heavy duty drugs there is always a price to pay - in this story the price is skin cancer. We are now aware of bad side effects (including ...
Read more : Immune system | Views : 931 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Don't go to the Cleveland Clinic for MS

Just had an appt. today at the "prestigious" Cleveland Clinic after recently being diagnosed with RRMS. Went to see Dr. Cohen who reviewed my MRI's, history, etc. and, as expected, confirmed the fact that I have MS. However, the Dr. wouldn't even entertain the idea of prescribing LDN and in fact became visibly agitated when I mentioned it. I am convinced that many neuros are simply drug pushers working for the drug companies. They tried ...
Read more : Don't go to the Cleveland Clinic for MS | Views : 2081 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

The History of Naltrexone

Found an interesting article on Naltrexone from another site I visit, LDN Yahoo board. It's long, but interesting. It's titled, The Corporate, Political and Scientific History of Naltrexone." Heres is the link.

http://www.gazorpa.com/History.html
Read more : The History of Naltrexone | Views : 2144 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Campath trial results

Dear all,

This should be in the Campath 1-H section but I thought it might be best to highlight it under general discussion. Campath looked very promising in terms of reducing relapse rates etc but initial trial data from the Phase II trial shows that there are very risky side-effects (wouldn't be MS if there wasn't!).

I went to see Dr Coles (based in Cambridge, England) to see if I could get on the trial. ...
Read more : Campath trial results | Views : 1033 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Perhaps it is time to step up

On previous posts, I mentioned that I am taking Minocycline. I started with a regiment of 100mg twice daily but cut back the dose and now only take 100mg once a day due to breathing problems while lying down at night. This past week, I decided to go back taking the antibiotic twice a day. Once again, the previous night I experienced a 10 minute time of breathing difficulty. Could this be a good sign ...
Read more : Perhaps it is time to step up | Views : 2146 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Antibiotics

Feel like hit with a bat

Hi all,

I started the minocycline 5 days ago. (100mg the first day and then 50mg from then on). By day 3 I felt like my body had been hit with a baseball bat, especially between the shoulder blades. I am also very tired, but the good news is that my son is in school all day now so I can rest when needed.

I just don't get it 3 days into it and I ...
Read more : Feel like hit with a bat | Views : 2336 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219674 • Total topics 22682 • Total members 14298

Contact us | Terms of Service