It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:20 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MSRC MS Review of the year 2005

Hi all,

I have put together a MS review of the year 2005, which I hope you will find both useful and informative.

There have been some significant breakthroughs in MS treatment and research and this review will hopefully bring most, if not all of them, to you to read at your leisure.

Please go to MSRC: Latest MS News : 2005 MS News in review - http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... N=57563484 ...
Read more : MSRC MS Review of the year 2005 | Views : 1077 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MS and Fats - A Balancing Act

MS and Fats - A Balancing Act, by Ashton Embry PhD.

This article featured in New Pathways magazine, Nov/Dec edition 2005.

The Swank Research & Diet

The role of fats in MS has been passionately debated for over 50 years. It all began over 50 years ago when Dr Roy Swank published a paper in 1950 claiming that saturated fat was an important factor in MS.

Saturated fat is one of four main types of ...
Read more : MS and Fats - A Balancing Act | Views : 2296 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Diet

MS and Fats - A Balancing Act

MS and Fats - A Balancing Act, by Ashton Embry PhD.

This article featured in New Pathways magazine, Nov/Dec edition 2005.

The Swank Research & Diet

The role of fats in MS has been passionately debated for over 50 years. It all began over 50 years ago when Dr Roy Swank published a paper in 1950 claiming that saturated fat was an important factor in MS.

Saturated fat is one of four main types of ...
Read more : MS and Fats - A Balancing Act | Views : 1255 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

If no disability... Should AB's be considered?

I have no symptoms right now (posted my regimen on the regimen board)... aside from occasional mild feelings on the tops of my feet and sometimes shins.
I have never had any numbness, weakness, muscle tremors, no disability. I realize I am very lucky and hope this doesn't offend anyone.

How do you test for cpn? Is there a definitive test? Does it always start with a chest cold?

Is Antibiotic treatment indicated for someone ...
Read more : If no disability... Should AB's be considered? | Views : 2573 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Antibiotics

Mamahawk's Regimen

10/05/05
Diagnosed with MS after hospitalized for sudden onset bilateral 'gaps' in vision, spinal tap positive for oligoclonal bands, MRI showed 20 lesions on brain, 3 enhancing, one on spinal cord)
Methylmalonic Acid level 575 (normal 80-220)
Negative for Hughes, Lupus, Lyme, Sjogrens

10/10/200505
Started Best Bet Diet (Ashton Embry)
Started Supplements: Multi vit (GNC), Multi mineral (GNC w/ many minerals inc. Ca 1000mg/Mg500mg), Ultra Pure Fish Oil (EPA 2200mg/DHA 750mg), EPO 1-300GLA, CoEnzyme Q10 ...
Read more : Mamahawk's Regimen | Views : 18019 | Replies : 81 | Forum : Regimens

First Post from Western NY - USA

Well, this became WAY too long for an intro haha...

Will post my history and current regimen on the regimen board and just say "Hello" here and THANKS for having such a complete and open-minded site!

mamahawk
Read more : First Post from Western NY - USA | Views : 1354 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

2005 MS Newswire Wrap-up

The link below outlines some of the "News" worthy items with regards to MS in the 2005 year. It covers an number of items with links to the original news stories.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20051228/p ... ing031_xml

Sorry for the long link.

Dunmann.
Read more : 2005 MS Newswire Wrap-up | Views : 883 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

New Board Member

I have two reasons for posting this evening. One :oops: I hope you don't mind - is to list my ms wesite www.helpwithms.com which this board will be linked to.

The second is to introduce myself. I was dxd with RRMS at the age of 46 last Feb 8 - 05. I am from Minnesota and have two grown daughters going to college in California.

I am ...
Read more : New Board Member | Views : 1355 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Tovaxin Clinical Trials

Haven't posted in a while, but found the information about Tovaxin to be interesting as well as promising. Just wanted to let the members know there will be a clinical trial of Tovaxin starting in February 2006. Information can be found at ClinicalTrials.gov. Trial number identifier is NCT00245622. This is a phase II trial. Unfortunately, my age (50) and type of MS (my neurologist just told me he would classify mine as secondary progressive, although ...
Read more : Tovaxin Clinical Trials | Views : 1829 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Are you taking Provigil?

Do you or anyone you know suffer from excessive sleepiness? Are you currently taking the medication Provigil? Would you like to earn up to $275 by answering a couple of brief surveys? If so, please contact our customer service team at 1-866-275-3879 X 5. Please call soon as there are few remaining slots, all of which need to be filled by Friday, December 30th. This is a great way to start paying off some of ...
Read more : Are you taking Provigil? | Views : 1185 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222325 • Total topics 23091 • Total members 14618

Contact us | Terms of Service