It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:37 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

the human proteome

Not really about MS specifically, but I think the Human Proteome Organization can help researchers looking into all sorts of disorders...

Swedish researchers unveil a pioneering human protein database to identify and fight disease

Aug 29 2005 - Swedish researchers today unveiled the web-based Human Protein Atlas - a major breakthrough which will help scientists and the world’s research community track and understand how proteins in the human body react to disease.

Launched at the ...
Read more : the human proteome | Views : 745 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Anyone taking whey protein (HMS 90) "Immunocal"

I would like to know if anyone has tried/ is taking HMS-90 (or whey protein, also known as Immunocal) and if they find it to be beneficial for relieving MS symptoms. HMS-90 is an antioxidant (glutathione) marketed to help treat autoimmune diseases but I could not find any clinical trials performed in MS patients.

Any information or personal experiences would be appreciated.
Thank you, Perseus
Read more : Anyone taking whey protein (HMS 90) "Immunocal" | Views : 3793 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Natural Approach

I dream of an ms treatment...

I had a really wierdo dream last night and want to share it with you guys. In the dream, I was watching a pharmacist mix a treatment combination for ms'ers. It was a liquid preparation of activated charcoal and predisone, to be taken with doxy. He told me it was an old, well-known effective treatment, but there was not "much of a call for it"
He even wrinkled his nose at the smell--and said ...
Read more : I dream of an ms treatment... | Views : 1824 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

minocycline and interferon-beta in a model of MS

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... query_hl=1

J Neuroimmunol. 2005 Aug;165(1-2):83-91. Related Articles, Links

Effective combination of minocycline and interferon-beta in a model of
multiple sclerosis.

Giuliani F, Fu SA, Metz LM, Yong VW.

Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Calgary,
Alberta, Canada.

The objective of the current study was to investigate whether minocycline
improves the effect of an existing multiple sclerosis (MS) medication,
interferon-beta, on experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) in mice. ...
Read more : minocycline and interferon-beta in a model of MS | Views : 1487 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

Bursting the elementary bodies

David has done a lot of work to his web site, which is worth a look http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html
This page is especially worth a look:

Easing mitochondrial stress in chronic Chlamydia pneumoniae infections: the use of dietary supplements

http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/supplement_rationale.html

and especially this:

http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/NAC.html

Bursting the elementary bodies

The protein coat which surrounds and protects the chlamydial elementary body relies on disulphide bonds within and between macromolecules to maintain its conformity. Reduction of these bonds disrupts the ...
Read more : Bursting the elementary bodies | Views : 1642 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Antibiotics

Surprising Brain Effects From Pot-Like Drug

The neuroprotective aspects of cannabinoids seem to be supported by an ever-increasing pile of evidence...

Surprising Brain Effects From Pot-Like Drug

WebMD Medical News - October 13, 2005 - A drug modeled on marijuana's active ingredient increased brain cells and appeared to cut anxious, depressed behavior in rats, researchers report.

The drug is called HU210. It's a synthetic drug that is chemically similar to pot's active ingredient and activates cannabinoid receptors in the brain.

But ...
Read more : Surprising Brain Effects From Pot-Like Drug | Views : 1069 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

New booklet from DIRECT-MS

DIRECT-MS has recently added a new booklet to our home page entitled The Alberta Disadvantage. This brochure demonstrates that the province of Alberta, Canada, the home of DIRECT-MS, has by far the highest rates of MS in the world: Prevalence 340/1000,000 ; Incidence 20/100,000.

Data and arguments are provided to support the argument that the main reason for the “MS Epidemic” is that all the main causal factors are present in Alberta, with low vitamin ...
Read more : New booklet from DIRECT-MS | Views : 1246 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220879 • Total topics 22894 • Total members 14457

Contact us | Terms of Service