It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:49 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Feel like hit with a bat

Hi all,

I started the minocycline 5 days ago. (100mg the first day and then 50mg from then on). By day 3 I felt like my body had been hit with a baseball bat, especially between the shoulder blades. I am also very tired, but the good news is that my son is in school all day now so I can rest when needed.

I just don't get it 3 days into it and I ...
Read more : Feel like hit with a bat | Views : 2339 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Antibiotics

- Deleted -

- Deleted -
Read more : - Deleted - | Views : 2024 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Natural Approach

MS and the contraceptive pill

Dear all,

Another piece of research - apparently using the contraceptive pill cuts the risk of getting MS by half. What about doubling the dose - would it cut the risk altogether? What should men do?

I don't want to offend our Roman Catholic members but the risk of getting MS must be pretty high for nuns - no contraceptive pill and not much vitamin D (covered up in those black robes most of the ...
Read more : MS and the contraceptive pill | Views : 1093 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Black holes

Dear all,

I'm not talking astronomy here - unfortunately, it's what this vile disease does to us. As usual bigger studies are called for (got to keep those researchers employed) and the interferons may have limited efficacy in terms of black holes (yet Biogen's revenue from Avonex last year topped $1 billion - do they offer refunds if it doesn't work?). The need for neuro-protection is called for (as ever).

Bromley

Interferon does not affect ...
Read more : Black holes | Views : 914 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

CPn Help.org new features: slideshow on Cpn, Expert interview

www.CPn Help.org is chock full of informationa research papers. Included just today is a slide show by Charles Stratton which explains the life cycle and treatment, a detailed interview with an expert treating Cpn, a new pati9ent story in that section, and growing reader comments and forums.
Post your comments and feedback.
JimK
Wheldon Protocol since October 2004.
(link corrected 9/13 @10:10pm)
Read more : CPn Help.org new features: slideshow on Cpn, Expert interview | Views : 1777 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

Bad Bruise

Hey all....IM new to this site......very glad to have found it.

I have a question for you all. Have any of you had a bad bruise than peeling of the skin after using copax? My left arm got it bad....looked like someone hit me...than the skin peeled away leaving a red type scar.

The doctor was stumpped...UGH. It has also happen a little on the right arm....Scared to give the shots in the arms now. ...
Read more : Bad Bruise | Views : 2473 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Copaxone

Drug for ALS

This is an early trial for a drug for ALS but could also be of benefit to MS.

Bromley

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j388933782&w=464753
Read more : Drug for ALS | Views : 1436 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Another research discovery

Another week, another 'discovery' with the promise of better treatments. If I had a £ ($) for every such discovery I'd be very rich!

Bromley

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j389050369&w=464753
Read more : Another research discovery | Views : 826 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Monoclonal Antibodies (mAbs)

Came across this article on monoclonal antibodies. Interesting to say the least.

Harry

Nature Biotechnology 23, 1025 (2005)
doi:10.1038/nbt0905-1025
King in the kingdom of uncertainty

Monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) are not good drugs, at least they are not good drugs in any conventional sense. Many of the fundamental qualities of mAbs are just the sort of characteristics that used to make pharmaceutical manufacturers run a mile.

Most fundamentally, they are biological molecules and hence intrinsically ...
Read more : Monoclonal Antibodies (mAbs) | Views : 1507 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

- Deleted -

- Deleted -
Read more : - Deleted - | Views : 1812 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219992 • Total topics 22745 • Total members 14350

Contact us | Terms of Service