It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:48 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

work and saying you have MS

Hello,
Rather new to posting on this site, but have read it for a while. My question for everyone is: How many of you have told your employer about your illness? Did you find this to be beneficial or a mistake? Were they understanding, or not? Would you advise someone to say or not?
Thanks ahead of time for any answers...
Read more : work and saying you have MS | Views : 1459 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

side effects everyone?

sorry this may be sort of a repeat of anther question.

Does everyone get side effects like the flu and chills etc. from avonex? my son starts soon, but I do think the Dr. wants us to choose between this one and the beta one. But leaning toward this one due to the once a week thing. one the other hand, the side effects do sound aweful.

kristy
Read more : side effects everyone? | Views : 4306 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Avonex

Calgary and Vit D

There is a lecture in Calgary next week about the lack of Vit D and health risks (including MS).

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j403372827&w=464753
Read more : Calgary and Vit D | Views : 867 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

DACLIZUMAB

Ok..........here we go (and I better start dodging the rotten eggs that will be about to be thrown at me. But then again, I was on the mark with Tysabri last time, so maybe I'll come out of this one a little more unscathed.)

Daclizumab:

Ok, let's see how much about daclizumab (e.g. Zenapax) I can quickly fill you in on. I'll come from the basics (so forgive me if I'm telling you some things ...
Read more : DACLIZUMAB | Views : 4117 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

My lazy update for anyone whos interested

Ok,

I have now been on doxy and roxi since about the 10th Sep this year.

I cannot honestly say I have had any reactions to the two antibiotics, so I decided to start the flagyl a little early (ie after only 3-4 weeks). Ok, so im impatient. It gets worse...

I also thought, lets try for the 5 day flagyl (metronidazole) pulse, and monitor my body temp and how i felt VERY closely.

So, ...
Read more : My lazy update for anyone whos interested | Views : 9712 | Replies : 54 | Forum : Antibiotics

Interesting talk on link of histamine and a "viral"

Hi,

I found this bit at http://weeksmd.com/articles/ms/JVW_Multiple_Sclerosis.html while looking into procarin.

Its interesting, but it seems like something that would be easy to prove (or disprove).

Elaine DeLack has a different point of view. Based on her research (she cites the Journal of Neuroscience Research; Archives of Neurology; Pharmacology, - Biochemistry and Behavior, Journal of Laboratory and Clinical Medicine; Annals of Neurology; Journal of Neurochemistry) she writes: "I believe that MS is a result of ...
Read more : Interesting talk on link of histamine and a "viral" | Views : 2076 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Antibiotics

9 y.o dx w/ mS

Hi all, glad I found you guys. It has been so hard to find these sort of site for kids with MS.

Back in July, my son was put in the hospital for stomach problems. While there he started seeing double. 1st MRI was done and did show lesions. He then was sent to a childrens hospital. They then did a spinal tap and more labs. He then was DX w/ Encephamylitis(sp?) said possaible MS, ...
Read more : 9 y.o dx w/ mS | Views : 3360 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

almost 9 y.o son dx w/ MS

Hi all, glad I found you guys. It has been so hard to find these sort of site for kids with MS.

Back in July, my son was put in the hospital for stomach problems. While there he started seeing double. 1st MRI was done and did show lesions. He then was sent to a childrens hospital. They then did a spinal tap and more labs. He then was DX w/ Encephamylitis(sp?) said possaible MS, ...
Read more : almost 9 y.o son dx w/ MS | Views : 4780 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Parenting Kids With MS

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220766 • Total topics 22871 • Total members 14444

Contact us | Terms of Service