It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:18 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

So Near yet So Far

http://www.avenues-of-sight.com/legacpapers.pdf

Over the years, time and time again infection has been put forward as being the cause of multiple sclerosis. In 1894 Pierre Marie, a former student of Jean Martin Charcot, the father of neurology, argued strongly that infection was the cause of multiple sclerosis. He did not know the specific infective agent but was certain that a treatment would soon be available in the form of a "vaccine of Pasteur or lymph of Koch." ...
Read more : So Near yet So Far | Views : 1636 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

This is me

:D
Hi, I am Vicky, am 39 yrs old, with two boys, 15 and 7 and a lovely new husband! Went numb top to toe overnight in April, and after MRIs (during which they also found a pituitary tumour!), LP and numerous other tests, I was diagnosed in July. As yet no one can tell me which type I have, as I have had no remissions ...
Read more : This is me | Views : 1693 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

HHV

Another piece of research linking a virus with a demyelinating disease (a close cousin of MS).

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... entri.html
Read more : HHV | Views : 1010 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Axons and imaging

I suppose if axonal degeneration is becoming a more important area of focus with MS research, it will be important to have the ability to monitor axonal preservation in clinical trials...

Optical coherence tomography: measuring in-vivo axonal survival and neuroprotection in multiple sclerosis and optic neuritis.

Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2005 Dec;16(6):346-50.

Sergott RC.
Department of Ophthalmology, Neurology, and Neurosurgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.

PURPOSE OF REVIEW: This review considers the ...
Read more : Axons and imaging | Views : 1229 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

EBV and HHV6B in MS patients

Interesting study that again shows a connection between HHV6/EBV and MS. Probably requires further study though, it always does...

Presence of Epstein-Barr virus and human herpesvirus 6B DNA in multiple sclerosis patients: associations with disease activity.

Acta Neurol Scand. 2005 Dec;112(6):395-402.

Hollsberg P, Kusk M, Bech E, Hansen HJ, Jakobsen J, Haahr S.
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark.

Objective - To assess the presence of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) and ...
Read more : EBV and HHV6B in MS patients | Views : 2254 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN so far-will start antibiotics in Feb. 2006

Hello everybody,
I am Orestes, a 59 yr old male from Athens, Greece, who was diagnosed with MS, chronic progressive, about 10 years ago. I am an architectural painter by profession, and since I retired, draw for pleasure highly detailed, quirky caricatures of famous people.
I've been in a wheelchair with left leg/left arm weakness for about 3 years. I can walk very short distances holding on to a wall. There are no additional health ...
Read more : LDN so far-will start antibiotics in Feb. 2006 | Views : 3969 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Regimens

CK count

We have reduced John's lipitor dosage to 10mg from the original 40 mg dose as his CK levels are still slightly elevated. He started on lipitor in Aug 2004 at 40mg then reduced in Aug 2004 to 20 mg now as of November 2005 we are on 10mg. He might end up off it all together at this point.
Read more : CK count | Views : 3620 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Statins

Flagyl dosage

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how flagyl builds up in the body over each day. For example, how long (how many days) does it take for the flagyl to reach its peak levels in our blood?
Read more : Flagyl dosage | Views : 2004 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221704 • Total topics 23018 • Total members 14544

Contact us | Terms of Service