It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:16 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

anti-oxidants etc

Dear all,

This research should be of interest to all those interested in anti-oxidants and MS.

Bromley

http://www.msif.org/goexternal.rm?id=3022
Read more : anti-oxidants etc | Views : 1793 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

question on how it works

hi all,

Ok, i understand the theory, if i am not wrong:

Naltrexone blocks opioid receptors and by shutting them down for a short period, with only a low dose, the body kicks in and produces more endorphines (the bodys own opioid). And it is these endorphines that "correct" the immune system.

Now, that bit is all clear to me, and also why its taken at night. The bit I am wondering about is: Naltrexone ...
Read more : question on how it works | Views : 2262 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Marie's abx log

I am opening this thread to start my antibiotic log.
Today, Sept 2 '05 I was prescribed the first of my abx doxycycline. My doctor tested my 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin d and it is 52. Too high for 1,25.
This is a complex issue because the 1,25 does not reflect necessarily the 25-D status. I do not need any more D so will be cutting back on my d supplementation and getting a dexa to check ...
Read more : Marie's abx log | Views : 17686 | Replies : 73 | Forum : Regimens

Vitamin D

I have another question: Does anyone know how much Vitamin D we're supposed to have daily? Does that amount fluctuate depending on the time of year?

Thanks!

Sha-Sha
Read more : Vitamin D | Views : 1449 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Feeling fatigued!

Hi, everyone:

I was diagnosed with RRMS in January, 2003. I've had a very mild case of MS with no relapses since I was diagnosed. BUT, this summer I have been noticing feeling VERY sleepy and weak in body--this is the first time I've struggled with this problem. I had some blood work done, and my white blood cell count was low. Could this be the culprit? I'm on Betaseron, and I'm wondering if it ...
Read more : Feeling fatigued! | Views : 1556 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Article about MN-166 Phase II trial

This is one that's been talked about before, but here is a new article.

Doctors to Test Stroke Drug for MS

09-02-05 - A medication currently available in Southeast Asia to treat asthma and vascular disorders in the brain is now undergoing clinical testing as a possible therapy for multiple sclerosis. The drug is known as Ketas® (ibudilast) in Japan and Korea. But it uses a code name, MN-166, in its current clinical scrutiny as ...
Read more : Article about MN-166 Phase II trial | Views : 1428 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

I'm scared...

It's September, my left leg is not responding the way it should.
I'm afraid of another attack. More prednisone, more solumedrol....
I don't want it... I have a good job, a great family, if only I could just stay the way I was 2 weeks ago. I don't want to loose all this...
There are stressors in my life but I am handling them. Feel more tired so I sleep more and make sure I ...
Read more : I'm scared... | Views : 2259 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

On way back ? But fewer sales ??

Two articles of interest from The Boston Globe about Tysabri commercials.

Biogen Idec to seek stronger warning label for MS drug, CEO says
By Mark Jewell, AP Business Writer August 31, 2005

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. --The head of Biogen Idec Inc. said in an interview Wednesday his company will recommend to regulators within a month that the warning label be strengthened on a multiple sclerosis drug the company hopes to return to the market despite safety ...
Read more : On way back ? But fewer sales ?? | Views : 2039 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Molecular switch that activates myelin production identified

This should prove to be a pretty important discovery.

Scientists Discover the Molecular Switch for Nerve Cells’ Insulating Jelly Rolls

Aug. 31 - Scientists at New York University School of Medicine report in a new study that they have identified the molecular switch that turns on the production of myelin, the fatty insulation around nerve cells that ensures swift and efficient communication in the nervous system. The study, published in the September 1, 2005, issue ...
Read more : Molecular switch that activates myelin production identified | Views : 1045 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Myelin Repair Foundation

Dear MRF Supporters,

We wanted to let you know that we currently have an opening for a Development Director as well as various volunteer positions at the Myelin Repair Foundation. As a staff member or volunteer, you will be part of a pioneering team of highly-motivated professionals working hard to develop treatments for individuals with multiple sclerosis in the shortest timeframe possible. Please visit: http://www.myelinrepair.org/volunteer.html for more details and ...
Read more : Myelin Repair Foundation | Views : 1032 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220054 • Total topics 22752 • Total members 14360

Contact us | Terms of Service