It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:56 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Husband dx with Primary Progressive MS

Hello,

My husband has recently been dx with PPMS. He started with a limp about 2 yrs ago. I only really noticed it becoming more frequent last July. I kept asking him about it and he said it was nothing. He is 46 y/o and I figured a big boy so I didn't do anything about it. Well, 2 months ago I asked him about again and why he wasn't exercising. He said when he ...
Read more : Husband dx with Primary Progressive MS | Views : 1777 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Positive results two Phase I/II clinical trials for Tovaxin

Positive interim results of two Phase I/II clinical trials for Tovaxin are released.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=25614

Hi, I am Tim,

Here is just a little of my story. So much has happened that I could write a book about my last two years. The vaccine appears to have arrested my disease and has done the same for the other people in the study.

I have two small websites that show a timeline of events. The first one ...
Read more : Positive results two Phase I/II clinical trials for Tovaxin | Views : 2083 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

FDA - New Drug Protocol

There's a good story on NPR's Morning Edition today about the FDA's procedure for follow up on newly approved drugs. There is a scientific review commitee (convening today) created to evaluate how this method can be improved.

Currently the FDA has 2 methods of follow up in place for fast track drugs:
1) Spontaneous Adverse Reaction Reporting System - almost totally ineffective because busy physicians, pharmacists, etc. do not take the initiative to report what ...
Read more : FDA - New Drug Protocol | Views : 1435 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Tovaxin

www.stemnews.com/archives/000882.html

Anyone heard anything about this?
Read more : Tovaxin | Views : 1223 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Personal life ... if any ???

Hi everyone,
I start by saying how grateful I am to this site and its people. That's the main help that I'm getting from.
The question that's eating me away from inside though is how you go about your personal life ? Not all of us got the wretched diagnosis having a partner or being in a marriage. Don't even dare mean that it's any easier to deal with...
Sure it's a whole baggage of ...
Read more : Personal life ... if any ??? | Views : 1530 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

SEEKING A NEUROLOGIST

Hi,

I will be moving with my husband to Waynesville, North Carolina, in July :D Is anyone able to recommend a neurologist, family practitioner and an asthma doc in the area please. I'm happy with the ones I currently see but it is going to be too far to travel once we move.

Thanks
Maggie
Read more : SEEKING A NEUROLOGIST | Views : 1060 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Another conference

Dear all,

For information - another international ms conference is taking place at the end of the month in lovely Valencia, Spain (see link attached). Many of the participants presented at the UK MS Society research conference which was held at the end of May in beautiful Edinburgh, Scotland. Really looking forward to hearing the outcome of both and will post if I see anything. In my next life, I hope I come back as ...
Read more : Another conference | Views : 1220 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN Conf. info/agenda

I thought it would be good to post this from
the Yahoo LDN board posted by,

Joel Gluck, M.Ed.
LDN Conference Planning Team
joelgluck@yahoo.com

The First Annual Low Dose Naltrexone Conference
at The New York Academy of Sciences
Saturday, June 11, 2005

For those planning to attend the conference, please be aware of the following:

Brown-Bag Lunch Panel. In addition to the original planned agenda for the conference (see below ...
Read more : LDN Conf. info/agenda | Views : 1857 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Hoping to see many of you at the LDN conference next week.

I expect that the conference will be quite interesting and I look forward to meeting many of you there. I sure do hope that they worked out a way to tape it so that the many that cannot make it will be able to see or hear all that is said. JoyceF
Read more : Hoping to see many of you at the LDN conference next week. | Views : 1549 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

what exactly constitutes an exacerbation?

Our neurologist has lead us to believe that only muscle weakness (leading to temporary parallysis) means exacerbation. Numbness, tingling, and other sensory problems--even if they are progressive--don't count for him.

Is this the generally accepted attitude?
thanks,
mother of 16-year-old with MS
Read more : what exactly constitutes an exacerbation? | Views : 1969 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218674 • Total topics 22534 • Total members 14181