It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:48 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Umbilical Cord Stem Cells

A company called Advanced Cell Therapeutics is now offering stem cell transplants using umbilical cord stem cells...It looks so promising that I'm booking myself in there as soon as possible! It is unfortunately quite expensive (about 18,000 euros). Their website is http://www.stem-cells.com/contact.html.

Alex 8)
Read more : Umbilical Cord Stem Cells | Views : 5363 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Stem Cells

Supplements and LDN

Just wondered about anyone taking supplements with LDN. Is there any improvement with adding supplements or other endorphin boosters along with your existing dose of LDN. thanks rob
Read more : Supplements and LDN | Views : 2429 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Myelin repair (again).

Hi everyone,

Found this on 'Eurekalert.org' and was intrigued, to say the least. I wonder if it will facilitate repair of old, scarred tissue, or 'merely' recent damage? Having had PPMS for 19 years, I hope the former. Talking of which, does anyone know if, should stem cells deliver on axonal repair, work has been done to get past any potential barrier presented by scar tissue?

Thanks, Dom.

Ps. May have breached copyright by 'lifting' ...
Read more : Myelin repair (again). | Views : 1001 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Mice and myelin

Another piece of research which may or may not lead to better treaments. As usual it involves mice and is at an early stage but one day, just one day, one of these findings will deliver.

Bromley

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 080505.php
Read more : Mice and myelin | Views : 913 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

ThisIsMS Rocks!

Hello; I'm new here. I've visited &/or been a member of a number of MS boards, and I'm very impressed with the level of inquiry and commitment here. I hope, over time, I'll be able to contribute as well as read.

I have SPMS, diagnosed 3 years ago when it was still (barely) RRMS. My history indicates I've had MS for much longer than that, though. I was on Copaxone for a while, now just ...
Read more : ThisIsMS Rocks! | Views : 1867 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Any Officers?

Hi,
Was just curious if there are any persons with MS working in law enforcement, corrections. If so, would like to find out how they deal with symptoms, emotions, co-workers, supervisors and such or just chat.
Read more : Any Officers? | Views : 1406 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Too many choices

Dear all,

I hate this disease for many, many reasons - the first one being that I've got it. The second one being that the so called experts after sixty years of research (and $500m in research funding from the US MS Society alone) still haven't got a clue what is happening, thirdly, that so many companies are making so much money from relatively ineffectve treatments (Biogen's revenue last year from Avonex was over $1.2 ...
Read more : Too many choices | Views : 3533 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Combination of Rebif® and mycophenolate mofetil (Cellcept®)

Hi!I have got MS 12 years ago.I am on Rebif since 1996.I have took it year and half.I have stoped because Rebif was experimental drug that time and it doesn't approved in my country.Rebif was so much expensive.I am on Rebif again.I am taking it already 4 years.I feel great and noone could possible that I am MS-er.I have had atack this june first time since I am on Rebif,because of that my neuro prescribed ...
Read more : Combination of Rebif® and mycophenolate mofetil (Cellcept®) | Views : 3029 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Rebif

vitamins

Just a quick question, has anyone gotten off avonex, copaxone, rebif et al and actually gotten on vitamin doses and had it worked for them? I don't see any relief in avonex after 4 years and am getting a form of vertigo which really sucks(don't mean to offend but it does). I am not 40 yet with young kids and really want to find something that works well. Not desperate but tired of sticking a ...
Read more : vitamins | Views : 1770 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Natural Approach

combining multiple mri sessions in dicom format on a cd?

Warning: computer geek terminology ahead :-)

I have my mri scans from last year and this year in digital form. Last year they gave me a cd containing a Siemens MagicView windows application (for free even). Inserting it in the computer, it knows the patient has a certain number of image sequences. You can pick which sequence and then move through them or view them in movie ...
Read more : combining multiple mri sessions in dicom format on a cd? | Views : 1145 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219673 • Total topics 22681 • Total members 14297

Contact us | Terms of Service