It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:54 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Site reactions?

I've now had 5 injections of 22mcg (legs & rear , belly in one hours time !!), but have not had any injection site reactions....yet.

Is this common when first starting?
Read more : Site reactions? | Views : 2341 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Rebif

Ranking US Clinics?

I've got a question, which is, has anyone seen any kind of ranking of MS Clinics in the US, in terms of their diagnostic services, research programs, integration of client care etc.

I know that US News and World Report does a much quoted ranking of hospitals in US...but of course it doesn't deal at clinic level.

Any information will be welcome.
Read more : Ranking US Clinics? | Views : 1015 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN conference on 11th of june

Has anyone attended the LDN conference in NYC on the 11th of june :?:
I'm looking forward to knowing what 's new!
Thanks! :wink:
Read more : LDN conference on 11th of june | Views : 2234 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

MS, Depression and Anti-Depressants

Wondering how many folks out there are taking antidepressants, whether depression seemed to be the result of MS diagnosis or otherwise.

I have struggled with dysthemia, characterized as chronic mild depression, for years. Attempted to fight it without medication with mixed results. When I got optic neuritis last December and did steroid treatment, I went through a period of elation followed by crushing, debilitating depression. Could have been the steroids, but I don't think so. ...
Read more : MS, Depression and Anti-Depressants | Views : 3579 | Replies : 23 | Forum : General Discussion

waiting time after Avonex before starting LDN?

I'm currently on Avonex and CellCept (another immunosuppressant).
How long should I wait after after stopping those before starting LDN?
I'm just planning for the future in case I can find someone to write me
a prescription for LDN. Thanks in advance.
Read more : waiting time after Avonex before starting LDN? | Views : 2596 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Cannabis derivative refused licence in UK

The Guardian is reporting today:

Cannabis spray for MS patients refused licence

... there had been great expectations of the medicine, produced as a nasal spray called Sativex, which had been undergoing trials for several years.

But the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Authority announced that the licence application to treat spasticity filed by GW Pharmaceuticals, which designed and manufactured the drug, had been turned down on appeal. The MHRA said there was not enough ...
Read more : Cannabis derivative refused licence in UK | Views : 941 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Genetic Link, Statins - Article

There is an interesting article about a genetic link in MS with some references to how statins may help MS for people with the genetic susceptibility.

http://www.msneighborhood.com/content/i ... _2240.aspx
Read more : Genetic Link, Statins - Article | Views : 2681 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Statins

Snail toxin

This isn't even in clinical trials, but it sounds promising -- treats neuropathic pain AND accelerates recovery from nerve injury...I hear rumours that it might bring about world peace too...

Snail toxin may help neuropathic pain

June 10 -- UPI -- Melbourne researchers' discovery of a cone snail toxin may help ease pain for neuropathic pain associated with diabetes.

Metabolic Pharmaceuticals Limited says successful results in preclinical trials of the toxin will result in clinical ...
Read more : Snail toxin | Views : 1472 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

NEjM article: Patients at risk for PML

N ENGL J MED 10.1056/NEJMe058123
The
new england journal
of
medicine
editorial
Patients at Risk
Jeffrey M. Drazen, M.D.
In clinical trials, the term “patients at risk” refers
to the altruistic people who volunteer to participate
in studies of novel treatments. In this issue of
the
Journal,
three reports
1-3
provide details about
patients who were participating in trials involving
experimental treatment with natalizumab for either
multiple sclerosis or Crohn’s disease and who
were ...
Read more : NEjM article: Patients at risk for PML | Views : 1059 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218752 • Total topics 22546 • Total members 14192