It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:56 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Combination of Rebif® and mycophenolate mofetil (Cellcept®)

Hi!I have got MS 12 years ago.I am on Rebif since 1996.I have took it year and half.I have stoped because Rebif was experimental drug that time and it doesn't approved in my country.Rebif was so much expensive.I am on Rebif again.I am taking it already 4 years.I feel great and noone could possible that I am MS-er.I have had atack this june first time since I am on Rebif,because of that my neuro prescribed ...
Read more : Combination of Rebif® and mycophenolate mofetil (Cellcept®) | Views : 3050 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Rebif

vitamins

Just a quick question, has anyone gotten off avonex, copaxone, rebif et al and actually gotten on vitamin doses and had it worked for them? I don't see any relief in avonex after 4 years and am getting a form of vertigo which really sucks(don't mean to offend but it does). I am not 40 yet with young kids and really want to find something that works well. Not desperate but tired of sticking a ...
Read more : vitamins | Views : 1790 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Natural Approach

combining multiple mri sessions in dicom format on a cd?

Warning: computer geek terminology ahead :-)

I have my mri scans from last year and this year in digital form. Last year they gave me a cd containing a Siemens MagicView windows application (for free even). Inserting it in the computer, it knows the patient has a certain number of image sequences. You can pick which sequence and then move through them or view them in movie ...
Read more : combining multiple mri sessions in dicom format on a cd? | Views : 1157 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Pain Management assisted through diet

PAIN MANAGEMENT

John G. Connor, M.Ac., L.Ac.

Updated Feb. 2005

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction

Chinese Medical View of Pain

Useful Foods, Herbs and Nutrients

Relaxation Techniques

Side Effects of NSAIDs and Migraine Drugs

References

INTRODUCTION
It is known that acupuncture relieves pain by stimulating the production of endorphins, the body’s own painkillers. For a detailed description on how acupuncture works in relieving pain we refer you to our article entitled How Acupuncture Works on our ...
Read more : Pain Management assisted through diet | Views : 3279 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Diet

Inflammation Fighters

Inflammation. CRP. Statins.

These are the new buzz-words in the world of heart health. These terms aren't replacements for your old heart vocabulary words, so don't forget about your LDL, HDL, triglycerides, and blood pressure yet; just add these words to your heart glossary. Read on to learn more about what these words mean and how to put your new knowledge into action.

Glossary of New Heart Terms

Inflammation is one of our body's key ...
Read more : Inflammation Fighters | Views : 3903 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Diet

My Adventures in MS

MY adventures! I am certainly not alone. This amzing group has life at its worst and best. With such a gathering of minds perhaps I can get a sounding for a dilemma which will just color things up a bit.

In Feb 05 I quit my cholesterol-lowering drug because my liver functions were so high. For a month I was off Rifampin and Doxy and Flagyl, then started again when they went down. Last month ...
Read more : My Adventures in MS | Views : 3080 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Regimens

Personal Data collection

This is a call to all abx users to begin to collect data. This will give more objective feedback as to how people are doing on the regimen and will provide the incentive to fund more trials.

I have kept personal data on my own ability to perform activity at the gym on the crossrobics or the elipse for several years. I did this because I read that ALCAR (acetyl l-carnitine) could help stroke victims ...
Read more : Personal Data collection | Views : 2714 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Antibiotics

Early treatment

I read everywhere that the earlier you get on a treatment plan the better your results. My Question is what is considered early and where are you sitting on the EDSS scale to be early enough? Hubby had his first attack in 1998 but was not diagnosed till Jan 2005 after his second attack in Aug of 2004. It then took till July 4 2005 to be finally put on treatment. He is 2.5 on ...
Read more : Early treatment | Views : 2289 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Officials to study multiple sclerosis in Lorain County

More From The Plain Dealer | Subscribe To The Plain Dealer
Officials to study multiple sclerosis in Lorain County
Thursday, August 04, 2005
Molly Kavanaugh
Plain Dealer Reporter
Carlisle Township - Lorain County, home to an unusually high rate of multiple sclerosis, will be part of a groundbreaking national study examin ing environmental and genetic factors that may lead to the disease.

Federal, state and local health officials announced the three-year project Wednesday as they ...
Read more : Officials to study multiple sclerosis in Lorain County | Views : 1231 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Minocycline - stomach

My 20 year old daughter just started the Minocycline a month ago but is now complaining of severe heartburn, upset stomach, etc. Does anyone on the Minocycline have this problem & what have you used to help. Over the counter antacids don't work. Taking the Minocycline 100 mg x2 a day, she is also taking aspirin x2 a day (was on provigil but was told to try the aspirin for fatigue), she is still doing ...
Read more : Minocycline - stomach | Views : 2069 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221021 • Total topics 22917 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service