It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:59 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Eye problems - Episcleritis

Hi,
have any of you ever experienced trouble with episcleritis? Episcleritis is a mild inflammatory condition of the outer layer of the sclera (white area of the eye), resulting in a red eye. Sometimes it is also associated with mild discomfort, pain etc. This is nothing serious at all, probably why it is not mentioned very often in litterature.

I read some years ago on a MS forum that this condition could be associated with ...
Read more : Eye problems - Episcleritis | Views : 2213 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

"Inflammation" - BBC Broadcast

I've listened twice to this now but still cant get too far through the bio-research-babble but hey it might be interesting to someone!

BBC Radio 4 Frontiers 20 October 2004
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/science/frontiers.shtml

Abstract from BBC Website
Inflammation

As medical researchers delve deeper into the causes of major diseases as diverse as heart attacks, rheumatoid arthritis, Alzheimers disease and cancer, they are beginning to see the same biological signature turn up again and again: inflammation.

Could this ...
Read more : "Inflammation" - BBC Broadcast | Views : 1196 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Anybody taking Ferulic Acid?

Based off of the story about synctin, is anyone taking Ferulic Acid as a supplement?

How much?
For how long?
What brand?
When are you taking it?
What effects have you noticed, if any?
Read more : Anybody taking Ferulic Acid? | Views : 2701 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Natural Approach

More on Hexavalent Chromium & Tracking of Toxic Substanc

Since my previous post regarding Hexavalent Chromium (CRVI), it's been nagging in the back of my mind. I don't know why, though.

Anyway, I looked it up further. Shoot, I forgot to take note of where I'm copying this from, but I'll post it anyway:

...."Because of structural similarity to phosphate, which is transported into all types of cells, if Cr(VI) does reach a cell, it can enter it. Once Cr(VI) enters the cell, it ...
Read more : More on Hexavalent Chromium & Tracking of Toxic Substanc | Views : 1370 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Forum Usage Tip

If you are new to this kind of forum , here is a tip that can help you keep up with posts..

When you come to the forum at:

thisisms.com

you will be on the start page, on the left you will see a list of all the sections of the website, If you click on the word "Forums", this will take you to the discussion area..

on the top right you will see this: ...
Read more : Forum Usage Tip | Views : 2101 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Support

Researchers Trim Count of Human Genes to 20,000-25,000

BETHESDA, Md., Wed.., Oct. 20, 2004 - The International Human Genome Sequencing Consortium, led in the United States by the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) and the Department of Energy (DOE), today published its scientific description of the finished human genome sequence, reducing the estimated number of human protein-coding genes from 35,000 to only 20,000-25,000, a surprisingly low number for our species.

Read full article:

http://www.genome.gov/12513430
Read more : Researchers Trim Count of Human Genes to 20,000-25,000 | Views : 2895 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gene Therapy

Articles in "Forbes" Magazine (11-1-04 Issue)

Well, we haven't had a good political discussion for a while (just where IS Harry, anyway? :wink: )

There are a couple of interesting articles in Forbes magazine today.

One is regarding the Vioxx liability issue for Merck (which speculation is whether Merck will even survive it). Looking at it from a pure "labor" standpoint, that would be awful. There are hundreds of union members ...
Read more : Articles in "Forbes" Magazine (11-1-04 Issue) | Views : 1949 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Recognise this Language?

Hi,

Does anybody recognise the language?

Bu yukumlulukle birlikte bu mesaji ve eklerini kullanamaz, kopyalayamaz baska kisilere gonderemez ve aciklayamazsiniz.

If so, where might I get it translated?

It is a snippet from an email I received, I think from someone asking about MS.

thanks
Read more : Recognise this Language? | Views : 2034 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

STUDY: NEW NEURONS CAN GET OUT OF SPINAL CORD

Although specific to spinal cord treatments the neuron reinstatement and the area of myelin discussion is very very interesting..

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/Press_re ... 28_04.html

Advance Overcomes An Important Early Hurdle To Clinical Therapy

In experiments with rodents, Johns Hopkins scientists have used properly directed stem cells to successfully overcome what is thought to be a basic hurdle in restoring function to severely damaged central nervous systems -- getting new motor neurons ...
Read more : STUDY: NEW NEURONS CAN GET OUT OF SPINAL CORD | Views : 1268 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Stem Cell Therapy vs. Multiple Sclerosis

From : http://www.clevelandclinic.org/newslett ... &type=Home%

Cleveland Clinic neuroscientists get grant to develop adult stem cell therapy for multiple sclerosis.

The Department of Neurosciences at The Cleveland Clinic has received an $825,000 grant from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society to further research in the area of stem cell biology as it relates to multiple sclerosis (MS), a debilitating disease of the central nervous system.

Bruce Trapp, Ph.D., chairman of the ...
Read more : Stem Cell Therapy vs. Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 1549 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216389 • Total topics 22112 • Total members 13904