It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:02 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

I contacted the FDA

Aaron, just to a note to say I posted my 2 cents with the FDA. Asked them to bring Tysabri back with a warning label.
Read more : I contacted the FDA | Views : 1393 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

I'm New Here

hello to all.....i found this site from one of your other members....daunted.

this is only the second ms board i have joined, and have found an awful lot of useful info here.

i am dx rrms one year this june. i suspect i have had ms since i was 30 when i had a demylinating event during the second trimester of my first pregnancy. not wanting to mess with the baby i just ignored it ...
Read more : I'm New Here | Views : 1663 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

After Novantrone Cellcept

Hi all,

I am visiting this excellent site for quite a while now and believe me it has helped us (me and my wife) a lot to plan our nexts steps. My wife (41 years old) exactly one year ago had a very aggressive attack and she was dx for RRMS. Our neuro (open minded enough), put her immediately on NOVANTRONE. She managed to recover close to 100% after 6 months. For the last 3 ...
Read more : After Novantrone Cellcept | Views : 1628 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Greetings from Tokyo

My 15-year-old daughter was recently diagnosed with MS. This was understandably heartbreaking for our family. She has started on Betaferon at the suggestion of our neurologist.

Let me point out that a) we are American and don't speak Japanese b) Betaferon is the only disease modifying drug on the market in Japan c) Japan doesn't have much MS. For these reasons, I am especially grateful for the information I am finding on your site. I ...
Read more : Greetings from Tokyo | Views : 1602 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Don't miss this ...

BBC Radio 4 Friday 22 April 2005, 9pm BST

My MS and Me

Written and performed by Jim Sweeney

Actor, writer, and regular improviser with The Comedy Store Players, Jim Sweeney delivers a candid, lively account of his experiences of living with multiple sclerosis.

Producer Liz Webb.

And if you're not in UK you can tune in thru the web http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/friday_play.shtml usually available from broadcast for two weeks after.

Enjoy - trailers sound as ...
Read more : Don't miss this ... | Views : 1318 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Long-term antibiotics do not cut heart attack risk

Thought this might be of tangential interest...

"Long-term antibiotic treatment designed to fight a common but stubborn bacterial infection does not reduce the risk of heart attack, according to two studies released on Wednesday.

Previous studies found that more than three-quarters of heart attack patients were infected with Chlamydia pneumonia, a bug present in the fatty plaques that clog arteries"

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=571&ncid=751&e=3&u=/nm/20050420/hl_nm/health_heart_antibiotics_dc
Read more : Long-term antibiotics do not cut heart attack risk | Views : 1716 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Antibiotics

SSA wants comments on neuro disability evaluation

The social security administration emailed the Accelerated Cure Project (among others) asking for comments on a proposed rule change regarding the evaluation of people with neurological disabilities (such as MS) for receiving disability support. I've got the links to the relevant pages set up here:
http://msnews.bostoncure.org/article.pl ... ode=nested

Let your voice be heard!
Read more : SSA wants comments on neuro disability evaluation | Views : 1241 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Re-educating the immune system - research in diabetes

Hi!

Has anyone looked into the research by Dr. Denise Faustman and her colleagues at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) regarding their new approach to diabetes?

I first found out about it here: http://www.joinleenow.com/html/trials.php

In short they are examining a method of re-training an immune system to stop attacking it's own cells.

Apparently, if proven correct, their findings may have huge implications for other autoimmune diseases such as MS. The research looks promising.

Kind regards.

MartinP
Read more : Re-educating the immune system - research in diabetes | Views : 1219 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Low-sat fat diet, omega-3s, ALA, statin, Ginkgo, Copaxone

My first exacerbation was in 1996, so I have had MS now for 8 1/2 years. I have had a total of four exacerbations, each milder than the last. I have no disabilty, and no symptoms of MS, and my last exacerbation was three years ago.

However, I have no idea whether to credit my regimen for my good health thus far. I strongly suspect someone else with more aggressive disease might have followed my ...
Read more : Low-sat fat diet, omega-3s, ALA, statin, Ginkgo, Copaxone | Views : 4454 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Regimens

Press would like to talk to Tysabri users

Jeff Krasner from the Boston Globe is a reporter who has been covering the Tysabri story. He would like to get the patient side of the story and has asked if I know anyone who was on the drug who would be willing to talk to him. I thought I'd check with the folks at ThisIsMS.

He wrote a letter to patients that you can find here:
http://www.bostoncure.org/Globe/

He ...
Read more : Press would like to talk to Tysabri users | Views : 1483 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219637 • Total topics 22675 • Total members 14291

Contact us | Terms of Service