It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:55 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

neuro-protection

Dear all,

Sorry, my favourite subject again, neuro-protection.

I posted last week about the UK MS Society research conference which is taking place this week. The focus of the conference is neuro-protection which should, if effective, be beneficial to sufferers of any type of ms. Professor Kenneth Smith is presenting at the conference. I attach a summary of an article which he co-authored and which has just been published. Hopefully, he will say more at ...
Read more : neuro-protection | Views : 1341 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Resources for Kids WITH MS?

Hi all

I am looking for sites aimed at children WITH MS. We have a young boy of 12 who has been made known to us at the MSRC and we are helping him to find contacts etc with other children with our nasty friend.

If anyone knows of a site could you let me know?

Thanks in advance

squiffs
Read more : Resources for Kids WITH MS? | Views : 1061 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Resources for Kids WITH MS?

Hi all

I am looking for sites aimed at children WITH MS. We have a young boy of 12 who has been made known to us at the MSRC and we are helping him to find contacts etc with other children with our nasty friend.

If anyone knows of a site could you let me know?

Thanks in advance

squiffs
Read more : Resources for Kids WITH MS? | Views : 4323 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Under 25 with MS

Low LDN Dose Successfully Treats HIV/AIDS, Cancer and MS

I found this article on www.medicalnewstoday.com:

Low LDN Dose Successfully Treats HIV/AIDS, Cancer and MS by Strengthening Immune System
23 May 2005

A very low dose of the FDA-approved drug naltrexone has been discovered to be an effective up-regulator of the immune system. The new therapy, called low dose naltrexone (LDN), has shown remarkable effects on an array of illnesses including HIV/AIDS, cancer, and autoimmune diseases such as MS. ...
Read more : Low LDN Dose Successfully Treats HIV/AIDS, Cancer and MS | Views : 1602 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Getting off of Rebif??

When I was first diagnosed with MS I was getting MS attacks about once every three months. I then got onto Rebif and my attacks increased to about one every month. I've been on it since August of '04 and it seems that my MS symptoms have only gotten worse. My legs are constantly heavy and my balance is horrible. I have to get steroids often just so I can feel halfway normal, but this ...
Read more : Getting off of Rebif?? | Views : 3506 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Rebif

Doctors that prescribe LDN - current list for 2005?

I put this list together from the sticky 'Doctors that prescribe LDN' because I'm in the unenviable position of looking for a doctor that will do a phone consult for a reasonable price (my old doctor was Patrick Scott in Wisconsin). I'm specifically looking for someone in the Portland, Oregon area, but I have no problem calling across country.

I noticed that the old sticky had posts from throughout 2004, and I'd like to see ...
Read more : Doctors that prescribe LDN - current list for 2005? | Views : 12855 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

LDN in Austria

I am well with LDN since month and I have a own LDN Forum in Austria.
http://f27.parsimony.net/forum67820/index.htm
Read more : LDN in Austria | Views : 1589 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Stem cell breakthrough

Dear all,

In the UK today the tv news has lead with reports of a major breakthrough in stem cell research. Link to BBC website attached.

All the best

Bromley

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4563607.stm

But the reports were mainly about a more significant breakthrough made by the South Koreans - I will post info when it's available. See attached link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4555023.stm
Read more : Stem cell breakthrough | Views : 1716 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

solumedrol for mild/severe exacerbation?

Treatment with solumedrol is supposed shorten an exacerbation and perhaps limit the damage done, but its protective/anti inflammatory effect is temporary and apparently doesn't change the course of the disease. I'm soliciting opinions (of your own or relayed from your doctors) on how bad or "functionally significant" an exacerbation should be to warrant a steroid treatment. When you have had such a treatment (solumedrol, methyprednisone, etc.), how bad were your symptoms?
Read more : solumedrol for mild/severe exacerbation? | Views : 1685 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN very first impressions

Hi all.

Thanks to this great community and a very friendly person that I have met here, I heard about LDN and decided to give it a try.

Yesterday I got my very first dose (3 mg at 23:00). I don't know whether it will work for me or not but I am feeling GREAT at the moment. Despite the fact that I managed to sleep just for a couple of hours, my energy levels ...
Read more : LDN very first impressions | Views : 2338 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220016 • Total topics 22748 • Total members 14352

Contact us | Terms of Service