It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:56 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

A good book

I'm reading Multiple Sclerosis: Current Status and Strategies for the Future (2001) from the US Institute of Medicine (IOM)
Available freely online at
http://books.nap.edu/books/0309072859/html/index.html

Check it out if you haven't already and have otherwise run out of web based info to occupy your mind with :D

Jeremy
Read more : A good book | Views : 1434 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Blood Test May Diagnose MS

FYI: Apparently there's been some progress in development of a simple blood test to check for "markers for" MS.

This could be a source of real hope for those of you who've been frustrated by MRI and/or LP results that were inconclusive, negative or somehow equivocal.

The link to coverage of this by BBC-News is below:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4346747.stm
Read more : Blood Test May Diagnose MS | Views : 1844 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

endogenous stem cell activation

This sounds promising in the long term...

Brain's Own Stem Cells Might Fight Alzheimer's

Mon Mar 14, 7:02 PM ET - By E.J. Mundell - HealthDay Reporter - HealthDay News - Like many neurodegenerative illnesses, Alzheimer's disease (news - web sites) is characterized by the uncontrolled death of precious brain cells. But in their unique ability to develop into any cell type, stem cells have long held out the tantalizing hope of replenishing neurons lost ...
Read more : endogenous stem cell activation | Views : 1365 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Hello from Scotland

I guess this is for introductions.

I am 39 year old single male now living in the Scottish Borders about 1 hour South of Edinburgh.

I was dx with ppms in 2001 while overseas and have now returned to Scotland to settle down a bit. I was working until one year ago, but the MS put that to a stop.

My legs, balance and sight are the main areas I am affected. I use a ...
Read more : Hello from Scotland | Views : 1297 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

Goat serum

Rats, I was holding out so much hope for the goats serum but they have stopped the trial now.
Lets hope something will help with my walking soon
julesx :)
Read more : Goat serum | Views : 1469 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

copoxone and pregnancy

Does anyone have any experience or insight regarding taking copoxone throughout pregnancy? Any information or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Christy
Read more : copoxone and pregnancy | Views : 2280 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Copaxone

PML / Tysabri questions

Dear all,

PML is apparently a rare disease - 'The disorder, which is caused by a common human polyomavirus, JC virus, is characterized by demyelination or destruction of the myelin sheath that covers nerve cells. The myelin sheath is the fatty covering — which acts as an insulator — on nerve fibers in the brain. Symptoms of PML include mental deterioration, vision loss, speech disturbances, ataxia (inability to coordinate movements), paralysis, and, ultimately, coma reflecting ...
Read more : PML / Tysabri questions | Views : 1273 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Emerging Treatment for PML

I was trying to organize some of my "miscellaneous" information and came across a November 04 BBC article:Antipsychotics treat brain virus, in this case, PML. I think the information is relevant for people who participated in the Tysabri+Avonex trial who may feel they are still at risk for PML. The article says in part:
A US study in Science found the antipsychotic drug clozapine appeared to be most effective at preventing the infection without side-effects..... ...
Read more : Emerging Treatment for PML | Views : 1685 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

lawsuit and MS

i'm loking for caselaw abiout persons with ms who have sued employers under ADA. (especially public safety people fire,police and EMS)

thanks

jim
Read more : lawsuit and MS | Views : 1227 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

IN A NUTSHELL

As some of you may know, or possibly recognize my "name", I've been a member here for 6 or 8 months I believe. As of recent I have spent limited time here not because I have ANY dislikes about this board. I just felt I was getting MS saturated....not a good thing. Why make this more of my life than it already is.

I have also visited several other MS forums. Seems I always end-up ...
Read more : IN A NUTSHELL | Views : 2173 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Regimens

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218772 • Total topics 22549 • Total members 14199