It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:52 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Taken from Little Green Footballs.............

............by my husband, then forwarded to me. :wink:

Captain: "Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision."

unknown: "I Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision."

Captain: "This is the captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course."

unknown: "No, I say again, you divert YOUR course."

Captain: "THIS IS THE ...
Read more : Taken from Little Green Footballs............. | Views : 1931 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Thyroid Issues and interferon

Just followed an interesting line of research about thyroid problems and MS--since thryoid runs in my family. I found a study that says up to 24% of the people on interferon 1-a and 1-b develop hypothyroidism within the first year of treatment. Hypothyroidism can cause hair loss.

This study suggests you get tested if you're using interferon.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/conten ... 004-2326v1

Have any of you had your doc test you ...
Read more : Thyroid Issues and interferon | Views : 3633 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Betaseron

Thyroid Issues and interferon

Just followed an interesting line of research about thyroid problems and MS--since thryoid runs in my family. I found a study that says up to 24% of the people on interferon 1-a and 1-b develop hypothyroidism within the first year of treatment. Hypothyroidism can cause hair loss.

This study suggests you get tested if you're using interferon.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/conten ... 004-2326v1

Have any of you had your doc test you ...
Read more : Thyroid Issues and interferon | Views : 2755 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Rebif

Thyroid and MS

Wondering if any of you have experienced thyroid issues or even been tested for them.

I recently found out that hypothyroidism runs on both sides of my family--brother, maternal aunt, mother, maternal great aunt, and now, paternal grandfather. I got curious and looked up thyroid and MS on the web and found this study, Prevalence of autoimmune thyroiditis and non-immune thyroid disease in multiple sclerosis:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

I ...
Read more : Thyroid and MS | Views : 2117 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Is it true? It could be bacteriostatic?

I don't know why, but it just upset me, it seems like such a weird thing> Does that mean others got cold sores etc?

My doctor is truly great, and in fact warned me to be alert that if I was feeling crappy or depressed it was the shingles, not a slide down the MS side of the hill. Which is in fact what I'm feeling now. He said its easy to forget that a ...
Read more : Is it true? It could be bacteriostatic? | Views : 2300 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Regimens

MS symptoms or betaferon side effects?

Hello everyone,
My 15-yr old daughter was dx this past Jan and recently started Beta injections (she's only at 1/2 dose). She says that "everything hurts more" like when she gets knocked or pushed or scrapes herself. She also says that her arms and legs feel like they have just had an intense workout and the muscles are tired and sore.
Since we are new to all of this, could you pros tell me whether ...
Read more : MS symptoms or betaferon side effects? | Views : 4161 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Betaseron

Multiple Sclerosis Polls Yahoo Group

If you have not joined yet check out the free Yahoo group. They have some great poll questions and discussions. Great links also. :P

Here is the link:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mu ... osispolls/
Read more : Multiple Sclerosis Polls Yahoo Group | Views : 1565 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

HELP! Need a new doc to prescribe my LDN

As some of you might recall, I've been on LDN for 3 months and am doing BRILLIANTLY well! No problems at all, and all the usual improvements; LDN has been a Godsend! And of course I certainly wouldn't want to contemplate my future without it.

But unfortunately my nervous family doc says I must find someone ELSE to prescribe it for me ASAP. (Long story involving liability paranoia about losing her license over some potential ...
Read more : HELP! Need a new doc to prescribe my LDN | Views : 2558 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Tovaxin - T Cell therapy

Dear all,

The Boston Cure Project site has posted an article today about Tovaxin - a T Cell vaccine. An individual provides details of his success with this treatment. Does anyone have any more information on this treatment - looks promising?

Bromley

http://www.bostoncure.org:8080/article. ... ode=nested

It's interesting how those treatments which stop attacks (Campath and Tovaxin), rather than just reduce attacks (the CRAB drugs only reduce the attacks by ...
Read more : Tovaxin - T Cell therapy | Views : 2421 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Texas

I seem to recall chatter about a pharmacy in Austin that provides LDN, but now I can't find any information on it. Does anyone know the name of the pharmacy and/or contact information? I'm in the process of getting a prescription.

Thanks.
Read more : Texas | Views : 1739 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220860 • Total topics 22892 • Total members 14455

Contact us | Terms of Service