It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:53 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Biogen Idec Presentation at Piper Jaffray Conference

Biogen Idec Presentation at Piper Jaffray Investor Conference, January 26, 2005

Mark Kowalski, Piper Jaffray Senior Biotech analyst: … Speaking today for Biogen Idec is Gunther Winkler, Vice-President of Strategic Initiatives. Biogen is one of our top picks for 2005 based on our expectations for a strong Tysabri launch and quick adoption in the MS market. So, Gunther?
Gunther Winker: … Tysabri, the up and coming MS treatment, it has ...

MS and siblings

Dear all,

Another piece of research attached. This time they conclude that the risk of ms is reduced if you have lots of younger siblings.

Again, one has to wonder what use this is to those who have ms. Given other research findings you really don't want to be a female, born in May and a single child! (although I am male, born in March and have a twin sister)

Bromley

HAVING lots of younger ...
Read more : MS and siblings | Views : 1358 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Synctin and ferulic acid

Just wondering if anyone found further research on this other than the original findings.
Anyone tying it? If so, any results?

Thanks.
Tom
Read more : Synctin and ferulic acid | Views : 1855 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Regimens

Fumaderm for psoriasis, tried on MS

http://www.fumapharm.ch/pdf/BG-12_Schim ... _Final.pdf

Fumaderm (Fumaric Acid Esters) is a product approved in Germany to tacle psoriasis and according to this phase II study on RR MS it brings down Gadolinium enhancing lesions to almost zero !!

Interesting to mention is that BiogenIdec (Avonex/Tysabri) bought some rights from Fumapharm in 2003. Interesting to follow if there will be phase III trials on this product !

Best Regards,
Degerlache
Read more : Fumaderm for psoriasis, tried on MS | Views : 2404 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate)

Copaxone effectiveness? (or lack of?)

I've been reading mixed reports on the web about copaxone and it's effectiveness.

http://www.msworld.org/Resource_Center/ ... edcop.html
^^^^
Seems the most promising data I can find, which is consistent to what I read. The longer one takes copaxone, the better it will work. This seems to be ideal in my situation as I'm young and was picked up in MS's early stages. I dont feel I need to go on ...
Read more : Copaxone effectiveness? (or lack of?) | Views : 5823 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Copaxone

Trial funding

Shall we put our heads together and brainstorm ways that funding can be found for trials that are meaningful to the MS community but not necessarily for the big pharma companies? We currently have these big pharmas funding a trail of rebif vs. copaxone (<sarcasm>so that we can find out that one is 30.13% effective and the other is 30.12% effective</sarcasm>). Who cares!!!??? What about trials for antibiotics, LDN, and so many others? Yes, I ...
Read more : Trial funding | Views : 1515 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Something to think about

Professor Janet Polivy at Department of Psychology, University of Toronto has developed a theory about False Hope Syndrome which she has applied to those faddy diets one sees in magazines and cheap TV programmes.
People appear to behave paradoxically, by persisting in repeated self-change attempts despite previous failures. It is argued, though, that self-change attempts provide some initial rewards even when unsuccessful. Feelings of control and optimism often accompany the early stages of self-modification efforts. ...
Read more : Something to think about | Views : 1774 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Concerns about stem cells

Dear all,

As usual with this disease what looks like a promising avenue turns out not to be as promising as initially thought - see attached article from the BBC website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4201565.stm

regards

Bromley
Read more : Concerns about stem cells | Views : 1658 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Stem Cells

New data on Chlamidia presence in MS

Citation from
http://www.bostoncure.org:8080/article. ... ode=nested

"Three research papers recently came out, one finding a link between infection with C. Pneumoniae and another that found no link and a third study is sort of in-between, saying that Cpn seems to be present, but for a number of neurological disorders, not just MS. The debate rages on."

There are links to the abstracts, which are written in a very professional language. ...
Read more : New data on Chlamidia presence in MS | Views : 2330 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Antibiotics

Copaxone effects they dont tell you about!!!

I was currently recieving avonex treatment (for a year and a half), and stopped a few months ago because the side effects were worse than having the MS itself. After a wonderful couple of months treatment free, I have been given copaxone as an alternative because my neuro thought the interferons didnt suit me!

So far I have done 5 injections and feel worse than I did on the avonex. I am getting the usual ...
Read more : Copaxone effects they dont tell you about!!! | Views : 6326 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Copaxone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218785 • Total topics 22550 • Total members 14199