It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:19 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Its Multiple Sclerosis Awareness month

Just a reminder to everybody that March is Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month.

I need to complain. :!: Other Diseases (like Breast cancer for example) get sooo much attention. Commercials, Radio air time, Posters etc., while you never hear anything about MS. I mean the whole idea of a National MS awareness month is to spread the word and educate right? How come I never see or hear ...
Read more : Its Multiple Sclerosis Awareness month | Views : 1210 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Seeking Tysabri trial patients

Hello everyone,

My name is John Mulligan, a journalist with the Sunday Tribune newspaper in Dublin. I'm writing a piece for this Sunday on Tysabri and am hoping to speak to someone who may have been involved in trials, or who was receiving the treatment prior to its withdrawl. I'd like to chat to you about how effective the treatment was for you, and your thoughts on it being pulled.

I realise for many of ...
Read more : Seeking Tysabri trial patients | Views : 3021 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Optic nerves regenerated

Dear all,

The attached article is from the BBC's website and offers some hope for the future

Bromley

Mice optic nerves 'regenerated'

Damage to the optic nerve is permanent
Scientists say they have completely regenerated damaged optic nerves from the eye to the brain in mice.
Experts say the work offers new hope for people with glaucoma, a condition in which raised pressure destroys the optic nerve.

It may also eventually help people with spinal ...
Read more : Optic nerves regenerated | Views : 1249 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Is bloodwork needed?

When I was on Avonex I had to have blood tests every 6 months...however with the Copaxone my neuro hasnt sent me for any testing of any type. Is there any type of test that I should be getting while on this medication?
Thanks
Read more : Is bloodwork needed? | Views : 2564 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Copaxone

BC PILL

HELLO ALL :D

WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE IS ONT BIRTH CONTROL PILL WHILE ON AVONEX, I KNOW WITH ALOT OF MEDS, IT MAKES THE PILL LESS EFFECTIVE, WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY "INCIDENTS" WITH KNOWING? THANKS GUYS
Read more : BC PILL | Views : 2228 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Avonex

NASA study on Nerve Regeneration

I've done a bunch of research on LDN as some are you are familiar with, see http://LDNers.org . I am still doing great on only LDN for 1 yr now, the only other therapy I am using is physical therapy 2x week, and pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) technology. I've been testing this out for 8 months before I report results, but I am very pleased.

PEMF can provide relief ...
Read more : NASA study on Nerve Regeneration | Views : 3063 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Bloomberg News (Interview)

As I mentioned in the other thread that I was going to do, I talked with John Lauerman at Bloomberg.

It was painless, and pretty interesting. (You know me, though, being the legal "talker" that I am, boy was it hard to condense it all down!) :wink:

In any event, I got in as much as I could for the benefit of MS and those afflicted, but ...
Read more : Bloomberg News (Interview) | Views : 1446 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Tysabri Suspension - after shocks will be?

So what's next? Our Neuro, when trying to tell my wife to get on Tysabri, more or less said that we now know that the interferons weren't much use. Luckily, she got pregnant, so the decision was postponed until the fall of 2005 after birth.

Now what? I think you'll see a lot of patients go back their neuro's and demand something off label - statins or abx's. Which in a way may be a ...
Read more : Tysabri Suspension - after shocks will be? | Views : 12395 | Replies : 60 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

counseling

My husband and I are seeing a social worker to help us talk out our feelings about how my MS effects our relationship and how to cope in the future with changes that come about. Our discussions help us to broach topics and open up topics for discussion. We have a very open & loving relationship and our mediator helps us to discuss things we hadn't thought to put into action. We were referred to ...
Read more : counseling | Views : 5467 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Mental & Spiritual Health

Tysabri

I had 3 infusions of Tysabri since approval by the FDA. I was due for the 4th next Tuesday - 3/8. I am disappointed that the drug has been suspended (temporarily?). My infusions were beneficial to me. I had beneficial reactions during my infusions. About 20 minutes into the infusion, my left foot would straighten and overall pain would diminish. My posture would improve after the infusion. My nurse who administered & observed my infusion ...
Read more : Tysabri | Views : 2062 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219622 • Total topics 22672 • Total members 14285

Contact us | Terms of Service