It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:57 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Seeking GP in San Francisco/Bay Area, CA.

Hi folks,

I have "clinically isolated syndrome," which translates loosely into one bout of Optic Neuritis and some numbness and, well, you know the drill.

My GP isn't terribly interested in exploring anything like root causes, Lyme disease, etc. He said I should take it to the UCSF MS Clinic (I have an appointment with them but they're hard to get to and slow to respond). He also mentioned casually that he doesn't keep up ...
Read more : Seeking GP in San Francisco/Bay Area, CA. | Views : 994 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Which is the best diet?

Okay, so I've been reading a little about the potential role of diet in the pathophysiological processes of MS. It does sound interesting particularly since there seem to be so many testimonies to the positive affects of adopting a new diet which is low in fat and cuts out potential allergic foods. I understand that ideally one would have Elisa tests to check for his or her own food allergies thereby determining which foods to ...
Read more : Which is the best diet? | Views : 8631 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Diet

Anyone in Halifax Nova Scotia?

I'm going to be moving to Halifax Nova Scotia to accept a new job. I need to find a new doctor and pharmacy that can supply me with LDN. Does anyone have experience in that city or can someone help me out with this information please?
Thanks in advance.

Aylish
Read more : Anyone in Halifax Nova Scotia? | Views : 1869 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Question in pregnant period

I have a question in mind from long time ago, how is possible to a pregnant woman recover (during this period) most of her problems caused by MS if these problems are derived by a destruction in the myelin sheet? It has no big sense; if there is a hole, there is and how could it disappear? Is the sheet remielyneted during a short period and returned to the old status in few days?

Rita
Read more : Question in pregnant period | Views : 1594 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Avonex

I have been on Avonex for 4 years. Do you get to a point when you need to change meds? For the past month I have such horrible shooting pains up and down arms and legs and I have been extremely exhusted.

Read more : Avonex | Views : 3045 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

LJM antibiotic log/start

I have also started on antibiotics and hope to periodically post the results.

I had a flu in Jan/05 that developed into a wierd neurological symptoms including numb hands, arms and torso and neck: extreme weakness and imbalance: hyperactive reflexes. A spinal tap showed oligoclonal banding and I'm waiting for an MRI. I've been advised the event was either transitory myelitis or MS.

I read David Wheldon's regime and spoke to Charles Stratton at Vanderbilt. ...
Read more : LJM antibiotic log/start | Views : 9600 | Replies : 39 | Forum : Regimens

Press update on pioglitazone (diabetes drug)

Press update on this ThisIsMS article: http://www.thisisms.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=116&mode=thread&order=1&thold=0
and http://www.jneuroinflammation.com/content/1/1/3
From: http://www.ivanhoe.com/channels/p_channelstory.cfm?storyid=11042

Diabetes Drug Helps Multiple Sclerosis
CHICAGO (Ivanhoe Broadcast News) -- Now a common diabetes drug could be the latest breakthrough for MS.

Eight-month-old Mariana has just arrived from Guatemala. Her adoptive mother, Marjorie Fujara, is ready for the challenges of motherhood, but at age 41, Marjorie faces a more serious challenge. Eight years ago, doctors diagnosed Marjorie with multiple sclerosis. "It was devastating," ...
Read more : Press update on pioglitazone (diabetes drug) | Views : 1590 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

On Wheldon regime and loving it

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post although I have been eager to post earlier. Just wanted to make sure that the positive changes are not temporary and are here to stay.

A bit about me: I am a 33 year old woman with 3 young children, 1,2 and 5 years old. I am not diagnosed with MS but have had a lot of MS like symptoms since august 2004. I am a Taurus and ...
Read more : On Wheldon regime and loving it | Views : 5201 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Regimens

Gene therapy for Alzeimers looks promising

Dear all,

Following story from BBC website about promising treatment for Alzeimers. May be relevant to MS in the future.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4473641.stm

Bromley
Read more : Gene therapy for Alzeimers looks promising | Views : 3166 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gene Therapy

Hello I'm from New Jersey

I have been on Avonex for 4 years. Do you get to a point when you need to change meds? For the past month I have such horrible shooting pains up and down arms and legs and I have been extremely exhusted. :roll:
Read more : Hello I'm from New Jersey | Views : 1397 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220739 • Total topics 22868 • Total members 14440

Contact us | Terms of Service