It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:01 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

College Freshman's Article Made Me Smile

Hey all,

I know everybody's really bum'd this week about the Tysabri and now the Amspro news, but I was surfing around this morning and saw this article that a college freshman had written. His name is Ryan Stumpf and he goes to Millersville University in Pennsylvania. His article made me smile because there's this 18 or 19 year old kid somewhere doing everything he can to spread the word and raise money to help ...
Read more : College Freshman's Article Made Me Smile | Views : 1371 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Attn: Odd Duck... Kim42 told me you can help me. Please!!!

As I always do, I get on the NJ Transit bus, give the driver my ticket and show my Disabled ID to not have any trouble.

I sat down.

After several minutes of idling at the Willowbrook Park & Ride, the driver comes to the back of the bus and says loudly I have to show ID making everyone aware of the situation.

As I am retreiving my ID from my pocket, I told him ...
Read more : Attn: Odd Duck... Kim42 told me you can help me. Please!!! | Views : 2238 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Aimspro

I just had a look at the Daval International site and to my horror found this:-

Daval halts trial over hospital protocol concerns.

Does anyone know more details?
Read more : Aimspro | Views : 9239 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Aimspro

NO relief from Avonex, Saw immediate improvement on Tysabri

:oops:

I dont know what to do next. With the recall of Tysabri my state of mind has changed from one of optimism, to one of despair. I was diagnosed with relapsing remmiting MS about 1 1/2 year ago. I started on Avonex, took it for a year durring which I would have pretty regular flare ups, and my MRI's showed more and more gadolinium enhancement. I ...
Read more : NO relief from Avonex, Saw immediate improvement on Tysabri | Views : 1326 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

black-box and dosing limit

Read this in an investor's daily journal today:

Merrill Lynch analyst Eric Ende wrote the most likely outcome is that Tysabri re-enters the market in six months with a single-agent use (i.e., no avonex), a two-year dosing limit and a black-box safety warning.

And further, " In this case, Tysabri sales could be reduced by more than 50%". I'd say probably more like 90% reduction. I personally really wanted to use it, but I doubt ...
Read more : black-box and dosing limit | Views : 1900 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

NMSS WEBCAST RE TYSABRI WITHDRAWAL

The NMSS has just put out a webcast regarding Tysabri that you can listen to.

The panel consists of:

John Richert, MD
Future head of the Society's research and clinical programs efforts, National MS Society

Aaron Miller, MD
Chief Medical Officer
National MS Society

Al Sandrock, MD
Vice President for Medical Research, Biogen IDEC

Go to www.nmss.org and you'll see it on their home page.

I'm listening now myself. ...
Read more : NMSS WEBCAST RE TYSABRI WITHDRAWAL | Views : 1769 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

The Media has noticed MS! Do your part!

Hi, everyone.

As you may have noticed in other posts, another opportunity to get our voices finally heard in relationship to the MS cause and the plight of MS sufferers has presented itself. The media has come to us!

I have spoken with John Lauerman from the Bloomberg News. He is doing a news piece and therefore is currently focused on MS (as a result of the Tysabri matter) and would like to interview those ...
Read more : The Media has noticed MS! Do your part! | Views : 1573 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Its Multiple Sclerosis Awareness month

Just a reminder to everybody that March is Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month.

I need to complain. :!: Other Diseases (like Breast cancer for example) get sooo much attention. Commercials, Radio air time, Posters etc., while you never hear anything about MS. I mean the whole idea of a National MS awareness month is to spread the word and educate right? How come I never see or hear ...
Read more : Its Multiple Sclerosis Awareness month | Views : 1211 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Seeking Tysabri trial patients

Hello everyone,

My name is John Mulligan, a journalist with the Sunday Tribune newspaper in Dublin. I'm writing a piece for this Sunday on Tysabri and am hoping to speak to someone who may have been involved in trials, or who was receiving the treatment prior to its withdrawl. I'd like to chat to you about how effective the treatment was for you, and your thoughts on it being pulled.

I realise for many of ...
Read more : Seeking Tysabri trial patients | Views : 3023 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Optic nerves regenerated

Dear all,

The attached article is from the BBC's website and offers some hope for the future

Bromley

Mice optic nerves 'regenerated'

Damage to the optic nerve is permanent
Scientists say they have completely regenerated damaged optic nerves from the eye to the brain in mice.
Experts say the work offers new hope for people with glaucoma, a condition in which raised pressure destroys the optic nerve.

It may also eventually help people with spinal ...
Read more : Optic nerves regenerated | Views : 1252 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219653 • Total topics 22679 • Total members 14293

Contact us | Terms of Service