It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:39 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

TYSABRI® TWO-YEAR MONOTHERAPY DATA

TYSABRI® TWO-YEAR MONOTHERAPY DATA SUPPORT POSITIVE ONE-YEAR EFFICACY FINDINGS AND SHOW SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN RISK OF DISABILITY PROGRESSION
Data Presented at American Academy of Neurology Meeting

Cambridge, MA and Dublin, Ireland - April 12, 2005 -Two-year data from the AFFIRM Phase III monotherapy trial presented today for the first time, showed that treatment with TYSBARI® (natalizumab) led to a significant reduction in disability progression, the rate of clinical relapses and brain lesions in patients with ...
Read more : TYSABRI® TWO-YEAR MONOTHERAPY DATA | Views : 3410 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

I nearly missed it ...

MS Week: 10th - 17th April 2005

Yes this week is MS Week in the UK. I'm not housebound, I do watch the TV, listen to the radio, read newspapers and the net but I've seen doodley-squat of this anywhere except on the UK MS Soc website. http://www.mssociety.org.uk/get_involved/fundraising/ms_week/index.html

I gave a pluadit today to the MS Soc (http://www.thisisms.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1091) but the MS Week initiative seems to me to be pathetic. Anyone else from the ...
Read more : I nearly missed it ... | Views : 2277 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Neurologist online Apr 6-13

Those with a particular interest in Campath might like to follow this link:

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/applications/discussion/browse_moderated.rm?post_id=55222

Consultant neurologist and researcher Dr Alasdair Coles will be answering your questions online, April 6th-13th.

A member of the MS Society Cambridge Centre for Myelin Repair team, Alasdair is a neurologist working on experimental treatments in MS.

Currently Alasdair's main project is coordinating the trial of beta interferon and Campath-1H. Alasdair is also involved in studying the behaviour of immune cells ...
Read more : Neurologist online Apr 6-13 | Views : 2379 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Aimspro

Dear all,

Last week I reported that the UK MS Society had called the Aimspro optic neurosis trial results disappointing. The makers Aimspro (Daval International) have written to the UK MS Society.The letter is on their website and is copied below:

Dear Sir

Aimspro

As you know, we act on behalf of Daval International Limited the producers of the above product.

On 6 April 2005 you posted on your website an article headed “Further evidence ...
Read more : Aimspro | Views : 18788 | Replies : 40 | Forum : Aimspro

ms regimen

:lol: Betaseron ( for the obvious), folic acid 3mg (lg dose) for severe pain from elbows down to hands. Neuro said nerve pain but not carpel tunnel or cubital tunnel. He says it is still out in the medical world whether or not it is caused by the MS or by the Interferon.

B12, L-carnitine (for fatigue), Provigil (for fatigue), milk thistle (for my liver), cranberry extract ...
Read more : ms regimen | Views : 1810 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Regimens

Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy(PML) info

Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy(PML) info

New research article for May 2005 release describes full recovery of PML after removal of immune suppression. I think immune monitoring can remove PML cases from occurring.

Am J Transplant. 2005 May,5

Successful outcome of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in a renal transplant patient.

Crowder CD, Gyure KA, Drachenberg CB, Werner J, Morales RE, Hirsch HH, Ramos E.

Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA.

We ...

interferon side effects.

Has anyone experienced seizures while on the above. My daughter was diagnosed with Rel/Rem. M.S. at the beginning she would have a relapse and then feel well for a period of time. It was decided she should go on Beta Interferon started this in Sept. 04 went into rel. within a month of taking the drug and gradually got worse so bad now urine incontinent and cognitively very badly impared, She then had a very ...
Read more : interferon side effects. | Views : 2944 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Avonex

Hello from France!

Hi! :wink:
I'm joining you from France . Sorry if my english language is not so good.
I'm female, around 50 and have been dx'd in 2002 after having my left side paralysed. Fortunately, I recovered but lost my job. And now, being unemployed, I'm satisfied to have time for me and to preserve myself from exhaustion.
My MS seemed to start around 1995 after a hep ...
Read more : Hello from France! | Views : 1446 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Advice needed

I was diagnosed 13 years ago with MS..my mobility is limited and I use a cane to get around. My neuro and physical therapist felt that a scooter would be benefical for my daily living/social recreation..my health insurance has a denied a pre-authorization submitted by a DME company, their reason being that the scooter "is a transportation devise. It does not treat an illness nor serve a medical purpose. It is useful to a person ...
Read more : Advice needed | Views : 1290 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Starting Betaseron

OK I am starting Betaseron tommorrow. I am a little nervous the only other thing I have taken was Tysabri...........enough said. I am interested to know how this stuff is going to make me feel. They are stepping up my dose so I am not going full dose to begin with. Will this help me feel better? I know probably not at first but given time will this help my quality of life? I have ...
Read more : Starting Betaseron | Views : 7647 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Betaseron

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220799 • Total topics 22880 • Total members 14448

Contact us | Terms of Service