It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:36 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

T Cell Therapy

Still early days on this one, but the more the merrier...

PharmaFrontiers...Key Clinical Milestones in Multiple Sclerosis

THE WOODLANDS, Texas, Feb. 14, 2005 (PRIMEZONE) -- Cell therapy developer PharmaFrontiers Corp. (OTCBB:PFTR) has...reached critical milestones in two Phase I/II clinical trials to evaluate the application of its T Cell therapy in multiple sclerosis.

Two clinical studies of its Tovaxin autologous T Cell therapy for treatment of multiple sclerosis have reached critical milestones. In one study, a ...
Read more : T Cell Therapy | Views : 1564 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Gray Matter, Progressive MS, & Better Imaging

Here is something that combines what we have discussed before (gray matter changes in MS) and correlates it directly to progressive MS. Interestingly enough, this recent study also supports one of my (many) recent complaints about the antiquated testing and disease progress imaging procedures that are still in common use today, when there are many other testing and imaging procedures that if put into practice would prove to be more efficient, etc.

In a nutshell, ...
Read more : Gray Matter, Progressive MS, & Better Imaging | Views : 1042 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Tysabri at home infusion?

I have received 2 doses of Tysbri at the hospital in the medical short stay unit. It isn't bad, but it is a long drive to and from. My doctor said I could have the infusion anywhere I liked, and the nurses in the office have been working on trying to set up home infusions for those who want that. Which I really do. A nurse would come in to the home, start the IV, ...
Read more : Tysabri at home infusion? | Views : 2010 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Cool Multiple Sclerosis Yahoo Group

Hi,

Check out this yahoo group if you have not already. They post numerous polls regarding MS which are quite interesting! For members
with MS only. They welcome suggestions for new polls as well. The more votes on the polls the more meaningful the results. 8O

Here is the link.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mu ... rosispolls

Mulcher
Read more : Cool Multiple Sclerosis Yahoo Group | Views : 1743 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

The Physiome Project

Interesting look at a way to possibly eliminate the need for clinical trials one day.

The Doctor Will See Your Prototype Now
How super-accurate sims can test the effects of drugs on patients.

February 2005 - Wired

To Peter Hunter, the future of medicine looks like this: You visit your doctor after weeks of feeling fatigued and lethargic. She takes a blood sample, records your DNA profile, does a quick CT body scan, then uploads ...
Read more : The Physiome Project | Views : 1400 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

statins

Aaron, you say by ' popular demand' , you wanted to start a statins forum. Is it because alot of other people want to start /are/ask about taking statins?

I can't wait to hear about other people's experiences.

I became excited about statins when I read that they help by stopping the inflammatory reaction on the myelin and that it could even regenerate some of the nerves. They even say that in spinal cord injuries, ...
Read more : statins | Views : 8230 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Statins

Tailored MS Treatment (& more on interferons)

We have talked many times in the past about "tailored" treatment of MS, when referring to influencing the cytokines (immune system response), and which ones you want to try to influence and how.

We also today (in another thread) have mentioned the HPA axis hyperactivity in MS.

To recap, some of the main points regarding influencing specific cytokines and the immune system in MS, what has been found is that you want to control NK ...
Read more : Tailored MS Treatment (& more on interferons) | Views : 1638 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

HPA Axis and MS

Here is something new and interesting (at least I don't recall having seen it before).

Deb

http://www.neurology.org/cgi/content/abstract/53/4/772

Dysregulation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis is related to the clinical course of MS

F. Then Bergh, MD, T. Kümpfel, MD, C. Trenkwalder, MD, R. Rupprecht, MD and F. Holsboer, MD, PhD

From the Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Neurology, Muenchen, Germany.

Address correspondence and reprint requests to Dr. Florian Then Bergh, ...
Read more : HPA Axis and MS | Views : 4182 | Replies : 24 | Forum : General Discussion

Provigil

Has anyone tried Provigil (modafinil) for fatigue? At my neuro appt. yesterday, my doctor recommended I try Provigil for fatigue. Unlike Symmetrel which is taken daily by most people, it is taken as needed. I was planning on taking it on work day mornings.
It is a medicine to treat unusually sleepy people who have a sleep disorder, narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea or shift work sleep disorder. It has been used with much success for ...
Read more : Provigil | Views : 3013 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Regimens

New Statins forum

By request, we've added a forum dedicated to statins. Statins, found in cholesterol drugs like Lipitor, have been shown in early clinical trials to have a beneficial effect on MS-- but in a much higher dose than is normally used for cholesterol reduction.

It would be great if those of you using statins would post your experience for the benefit of the others.

http://www.thisisms.com/modules.php?nam ... forum&f=33

-a
Read more : New Statins forum | Views : 2255 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219641 • Total topics 22675 • Total members 14291

Contact us | Terms of Service