It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:44 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

New Study Rebif to Copaxone

Wednesday January 5

Serono's Rebif MS drug, Teva's Copaxone to go head-to-head in test

ZURICH (AFX) - Serono SA said it has completed patient enrollment for its planned head-to-head comparative trial of its Rebif drug with Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd's Copaxone in the treatment of relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS).
700 patients have been enrolled to take part in the two-year test, the Swiss biotech group said in a statement.
A previous head-to-head comparing Rebif ...
Read more : New Study Rebif to Copaxone | Views : 2655 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Rebif

tysabri users, how are your relapses?

I was just wondering, if anyone who has begun taking the tysabri treatments, has been doing with flare ups? have you noticed that they are less frequent, more frequent, or the same?

my best friend starts hers on jan 12th. but she has started another flare up within a week and a half of the last one (that lasted 3 weeks), and she couldn't walk or speak real well, and could not eat (due to ...
Read more : tysabri users, how are your relapses? | Views : 1883 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Tysabri and Optic Neuritis?

Just went and got second opinion for recurrent ON today (Had 2-3 attacks on ON (rt eye only) in the past 6 months). F47, No other physical symptoms or MRI leisions (2 sets taken, brain and spine 6 months apart). Also had one round of iv streoids 2 months ago. Vision returned soso, not great / washed out colors.

This 2nd MS Dr said to start on Thysabri next month, ASAP.
From what i read ...
Read more : Tysabri and Optic Neuritis? | Views : 2272 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Injecting When you are Sick

I jut got over a very bad cold virus (almost 2 weeks) and since I am on Avonex, I need to take a weekly injection. I wasn't sure if it was okay to inject myself if I am not feeling well so I called my neuro and he suggested that I wait a day or two, which I did. Has anyone every injected when they were sick?
Read more : Injecting When you are Sick | Views : 2446 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Avonex

Bee stings

Dear all,

Article on BBC website on bee stings and ms

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/4134375.stm

Happy new year to you all. 2005 sounds like a year from Star Trek - it's a pity that our scientists are still in the dark ages when it comes to MS. The NMSS website says that it has spent $400 million to date on research. When combined with the total spent by all other societies / ...
Read more : Bee stings | Views : 1872 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Rebif and Alpha Liopic Acid

Friends,

A new member to the this great site. I am a 34 year old male living in San Francisco, CA, dx three years ago with rr ms. My doctor says I am stable with Rebif, notwithstanding the constant mild numbness and tingling in the legs, arms, and face.

I am interested in taking supplements as well, namely alpha liopic acid. People seem to speak highly of this supplement, although, I am concerned about it ...
Read more : Rebif and Alpha Liopic Acid | Views : 3034 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Rebif

minocycline study for MS

Hi all,

Been reading here for awhile and found a study I haven't seen posted
anywhere.

Minocycline-mediated inhibition of microglia activation impairs oligodendrocyte progenitor cell responses and remyelination in a non-immune model of demyelination

Wen-Wu Li, Anna Setzu, Chao Zhao and Robin J.M. Franklin,

Cambridge Centre for Brain Repair and Neuroregeneration Laboratory, Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0ES, UK

Received 12 May 2004; revised 5 August 2004; accepted 5 ...
Read more : minocycline study for MS | Views : 1495 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Why antibiotics might work?

Hello everybody,

Let me shortly introduce myself. I’m 29 years old and I have MS. When diagnosed with MS 2 years ago, I was told that there was pretty much nothing that could be done. Now I’m not really the type who accepts such an attitude. As long as we are breathing there is a solution. You just have to find it. I have been following this forum for a while and got convinced of ...
Read more : Why antibiotics might work? | Views : 2330 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Antibiotics

Debbie's Aimspro Story

Our member Debbie8067 graciously submitted her personal experience with Aimspro. I trust many of you will find this an enlightening read:

"This is a response to Aaron's reqest for more Goat Serum info so here goes!

I was dxd in 1988 at the same time as my late father ( he had PPMS and went downhill quite quickly. He had to be fed through his stomach as he lost his swallowing reflex) and developed dementia ...
Read more : Debbie's Aimspro Story | Views : 4416 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Aimspro

Older than Scrooge!

It's Christmas morning, and I was just watching "A Christmas Carol" for the zillionth time, the one with Reginald Owen playing 'Scrooge'.

I just learned, to my stunned disbelief, that I am three years older than Reginald Owen was when he made the movie 8O ! (I'm 54, he was a mere infant of 51.)

This reminds me of the birthday card my little brother gave me ...
Read more : Older than Scrooge! | Views : 3176 | Replies : 0 | Forum : MS in the Golden Years

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218655 • Total topics 22531 • Total members 14176