It is currently Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:32 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

lumpy

no indents but definite lumps and itching from copaxone injections. set autoinject more shallow per mfg., but still get lumps, although smaller and more spread out, like a large hive. itching seems to be worse. i have been rotating injection sites per instructions and massaging site the next day. help!
linda
Read more : lumpy | Views : 2047 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Copaxone

Neuralgias

Hi, I haven't posted much on this website but I love browsing around. For those of you who don't know me I don't have MS but a very good friend of mine has chronic progressive, he is now bedridden, paralyzed from the neck down because of this disabling disease. He is fed through a tube into his jejunum (small intestine) and experiences extreme acid indigestion between the hours of 3-4 and 7-8 in the afternoon ...
Read more : Neuralgias | Views : 1615 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Another drugs comany involved in MS treatments

Another drugs company expanding into MS treatments

http://www.multicelltech.com/news/press_090705.htm

Bromley
Read more : Another drugs comany involved in MS treatments | Views : 1258 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Campath info

Some Campath data from Pubmed...

The window of therapeutic opportunity in multiple sclerosis Evidence from monoclonal antibody therapy.

J Neurol. 2005 Jul 27;

Coles AJ, Cox A, Le Page E, Jones J, Trip SA, Deans J, Seaman S, Miller DH, Hale G, Waldmann H, Compston DA.
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Box 165, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK, ajc1020@medschl.cam.ac.uk.

From 1991-2002, we treated 58 patients with ...
Read more : Campath info | Views : 2202 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

vasoactive intestinal peptide

Another t-reg experimental therapy...

Spanish scientists develop a cellular therapy for rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis

2005-09-09 -- A research team at the Institute of Parasitology and Biomedicine of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), in Grenade, has successfully developed in mice a cellular therapy for two major autoimmune diseases: rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis. The scientists succeeded, in both experimental models, in making the symptoms disappear and inducing a reversion of the degenerative process. ...
Read more : vasoactive intestinal peptide | Views : 1564 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

NeuroVaxâ„¢

Treating Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple Sclerosis Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a condition that affects the central nervous system (the nerves in the brain and spinal cord). The "electrical" conduit in the central nervous system is a delicate network of nerve fibers. The nerve fibers are surrounded by a layer of fatty tissue, called myelin, which protects the nerve fibers and helps them conduct electrical impulses.

In patients with MS, some areas of the protective myelin are ...
Read more : NeuroVaxâ„¢ | Views : 1025 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cells tissue

Dear all,

Earlier this week one of the UK's most respected scientists said that he thought that the future use of stem cells to cure diseases had been over-hyped. This is disspointing if true as stem cells might offer hope for those with degenerative diseases such as MS. However, the following article suggests that the use of stems cells for tissue replacement etc might not be far away and substantial funding is being provided to ...
Read more : Stem cells tissue | Views : 947 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Got mino but too scared to start

HI all,

I have my minocycline prescription. (50mg) but I am too scared to start. Anytime I try anything I get such a herx that I am praying to die. I am on 1.0 mg Low Dose Naltrexone which has held me steady for the last year. I started something called Ultra H 3 by Unikey and I am really in a herx. I had to stop for a while.

I hear soo many different ...
Read more : Got mino but too scared to start | Views : 2990 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Antibiotics

Neurovax

Dear all,

Not sure if this article has been posted before- it's about Neurovax and the experience of one triallist. Looks promising (like Tovaxin) - but don't they all! Probably a few years before it reaches thr market (if the trials are successful).

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j386259827&w=464753

Bromley

PS Apologies Dignan had already posted on this earlier. It was on the NZ MS site today so I assumed it was new news!
Read more : Neurovax | Views : 1651 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Travel

HI! I'm an EDSS about 5.5 self score: limited walking etc, use a cane, can go about the length of a football field on my feet. My grandbaby was sick and I HAD to go, so went to virginia to see him in April. I had to use a chair in the airport...those places are so huge! I'm on abx you can see my regimens entry as I started recently.

What I would like to ...
Read more : Travel | Views : 895 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 223300 • Total topics 23212 • Total members 14694

Contact us | Terms of Service