It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:32 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

New Lancet Study: Infectious causes of MS

And another...

Lancet Neurol. 2005 Mar;4(3):195-202. Related Articles, Links

Infectious causes of multiple sclerosis.

Gilden DH.

Department of Neurology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA. don.gilden@uchsc.edu <don.gilden@uchsc.edu>

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a serious chronic neurological disorder in which demyelination and inflammation occur in the white matter of the CNS. The findings of many epidemiological studies and a discordance of MS in monozygotic twins suggest that the ...
Read more : New Lancet Study: Infectious causes of MS | Views : 1868 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

Study:"Autoimmunity [not] adequate...to explain MS"

Interesting new study proposing a dual MS autoimmune/infection pathogenesis...

Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr. 2005 Marz;73(3):143-149. Related Articles, Links

Kornhuber ME, Presek P, Zierz S.

Klinik fur Neurologie der Martin-Luther-Universitat Halle-Wittenberg (Direktor Prof. Dr. S. Zierz). malte.kornhuber@medizin.uni-halle.de.

It is well established that relapses can be suppressed by different substances in patients with relapsing-remitting ...
Read more : Study:"Autoimmunity [not] adequate...to explain MS" | Views : 1370 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

LDN and Tysabri

Hi all.

I am considering starting LDN. I 've been on Rebif for more than 4 years and it seems that it has stopped working for me. My neuro said that it would not do any harm to test it for a few months. He wanted me to start Tysabri, but... you know!

So, I was wondering whether taking Tysabri (as soon as/if it gets available again) in combination with LDN could do any harm ...
Read more : LDN and Tysabri | Views : 1933 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Just started at 4.5mg and feeling numb

I started LDN on Feb. 12 and took 3mg for one month with no side effects. I didn't really feel any differences, maybe my mood was a bit lighter, but nothing significant. I just started 4.5mg (three nights so far), and today my left leg/foot is numb, like it's asleep. I'm a little freaked out and not sure what I should do. Should I just push through and see what happens, maybe this is temporary. ...
Read more : Just started at 4.5mg and feeling numb | Views : 6673 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Aricept - vivid dreams

My neuro started me on Aricept 6 months ago when I was having cognitive problems. When I mentioned vivid dreams 2 months ago, she suggested taking it in the morning (which I do). The dreams are perhaps less intense, no more thwarting of airplane hijackings or rescuing my kids from getting killed, but I still have quite the dreams almost every night.

Is this bad? I reallly don't want to stop taking the Aricept. I ...
Read more : Aricept - vivid dreams | Views : 2034 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

PPAR-gamma

I found a pretty good biological description of PPAR that I thought I would post, in case some folks wanted to find out a bit more about it.

http://www.answers.com/topic/peroxisome ... d-receptor
Wikipedia

peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor

In cell biology, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPARs) are a group of nuclear receptor isoforms that exist across biology. Originally identified in Xenopus frogs as receptors that induce the proliferation of peroxisomes ...
Read more : PPAR-gamma | Views : 1658 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

New to Site

I've had for 12 years. I'm 43 and live near Chicago.
Read more : New to Site | Views : 1448 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Good news - Major milestone in identifying ms genes

Dear all,

A bad month may look a bit better with news that Serono has announced a major milestone in identyfing the genes involved in MS. Link attached.

Serono says that that the identification of 80 genes involved in the inflammatory and neuro-degenerative pathways of MS should provide potential new drug targets

http://www.serono.com/media/latestPR.js ... =4&minor=0

Would be grateful if those with the relevant knowledge could translate into what this ...
Read more : Good news - Major milestone in identifying ms genes | Views : 4006 | Replies : 28 | Forum : General Discussion

Read more : . | Views : 4793 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220328 • Total topics 22805 • Total members 14390

Contact us | Terms of Service