It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:55 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Novel Approach with COPAXONE Showed Dramatic Improvements

Got the following off a search on Yahoo. Interesting news for Copaxone users with aggressive MS....

Novel Approach with COPAXONE Showed Dramatic Improvements in Aggressive, Active, Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis

Thursday April 14, 3:00 pm ET
Unique Mechanism of Action of COPAXONE(R) May Explain Synergistic Effects Seen When Using Combination Therapy in Treating Aggressive Forms of RRMS

KANSAS CITY, Mo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 14, 2005-- Results from an independent retrospective evaluation of a novel treatment protocol with COPAXONE® ...
Read more : Novel Approach with COPAXONE Showed Dramatic Improvements | Views : 2867 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Copaxone

Tman’s antibiotic journey.

In 8/04 I had Lhermitte’s sign and numb fingers. 10/04 had MRI with 3 lesions on brain and one spinal cord lesion in the neck area. The lesion in the neck was enhanced, but there was no enhancement fluid used for the brain MRI. I had a spinal tap that came out negative. The neurologist said I had an 80% chance of getting a MS diagnosis in a year or two.

I had developed another ...
Read more : Tman’s antibiotic journey. | Views : 3549 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Regimens

The truth about the drug companies, Marcia Angell

I just finished reading The Truth About The Drug Companies, How They Deceive Us And What To Do About It by Marcia Angell, M.D. After reading this book I felt that it was important for me to share my impressions of it with the MS community here at ThisIsMS. I feel quite strongly that it should be required reading for anyone entering a medical profession, such as a medical student or nurse in training, as ...
Read more : The truth about the drug companies, Marcia Angell | Views : 4288 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Reading Nook

New Research Grants

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society has a new list of recently funded research projects (spring2005) appearing on their site. Link to the actual paper:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/pdf/research/NewResearch.pdf

I didn't read through the whole paper but the general idea I got was......... lots of very specific research (too focused).

If this has already appeared here, I apologize, I must have missed it.

Treez
Read more : New Research Grants | Views : 1103 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Faith in Aimspro

Having read the last post from Finn. I am wondering where this person gets all of their information. They seem to know everything about Daval. I don't think so? Daval has never ever charged any patient for Aimspro. Daval is a small company who has a product which they and a lot of eminent professionals in the medical world believe in. Daval has shareholders who have invested their savings with the belief that Daval has ...
Read more : Faith in Aimspro | Views : 4569 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Aimspro

"Anecdote's Personal treatment Regime" additions

If you look at the first of my postings in "Anecdote's Personal treatment Regime" in the Regimens section, you will see that I have made some additions to the supplements list. These are in no way compulsory, but I have found them very beneficial, especially when you get onto the metronodizole. It means you don't have to take so much of the other supplements as well!

Also, coming soon, new paper from Vanderbilt.

Sarah ...
Read more : "Anecdote's Personal treatment Regime" additions | Views : 3492 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Antibiotics

Additions to supplement list in my first post!

If you look at the first of my postings in "Anecdote's Personal treatment Regime" you will see that I have made some additions to the supplements list. These are in no way compulsory, but I have found them very beneficial, especially when you get onto the metronodizole. It means you don't have to take so much of the other supplements as well!

Sarah :wink:
Read more : Additions to supplement list in my first post! | Views : 2219 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Regimens

TYSABRI® TWO-YEAR MONOTHERAPY DATA

TYSABRI® TWO-YEAR MONOTHERAPY DATA SUPPORT POSITIVE ONE-YEAR EFFICACY FINDINGS AND SHOW SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN RISK OF DISABILITY PROGRESSION
Data Presented at American Academy of Neurology Meeting

Cambridge, MA and Dublin, Ireland - April 12, 2005 -Two-year data from the AFFIRM Phase III monotherapy trial presented today for the first time, showed that treatment with TYSBARI® (natalizumab) led to a significant reduction in disability progression, the rate of clinical relapses and brain lesions in patients with ...
Read more : TYSABRI® TWO-YEAR MONOTHERAPY DATA | Views : 3414 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

I nearly missed it ...

MS Week: 10th - 17th April 2005

Yes this week is MS Week in the UK. I'm not housebound, I do watch the TV, listen to the radio, read newspapers and the net but I've seen doodley-squat of this anywhere except on the UK MS Soc website. http://www.mssociety.org.uk/get_involved/fundraising/ms_week/index.html

I gave a pluadit today to the MS Soc (http://www.thisisms.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1091) but the MS Week initiative seems to me to be pathetic. Anyone else from the ...
Read more : I nearly missed it ... | Views : 2279 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Neurologist online Apr 6-13

Those with a particular interest in Campath might like to follow this link:

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/applications/discussion/browse_moderated.rm?post_id=55222

Consultant neurologist and researcher Dr Alasdair Coles will be answering your questions online, April 6th-13th.

A member of the MS Society Cambridge Centre for Myelin Repair team, Alasdair is a neurologist working on experimental treatments in MS.

Currently Alasdair's main project is coordinating the trial of beta interferon and Campath-1H. Alasdair is also involved in studying the behaviour of immune cells ...
Read more : Neurologist online Apr 6-13 | Views : 2382 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220832 • Total topics 22887 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service