It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:00 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MBP 8298 for SPMS Phase III Trial in Canada

Clinical Trial Information for MBP8298

Protocol:
A double-blind, placebo controlled multicentre study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of MBP8298 in subjects with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis
Description:
This is a two-year, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group trial in secondary progressive MS patients, comparing the time to confirmed worsening of disability as measured by EDSS (Expanded Disability Status Scale).

The trial is expected to enroll up to 553 patients. Patients will be administered either MBP8298 or ...
Read more : MBP 8298 for SPMS Phase III Trial in Canada | Views : 1951 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

The Story of Prokarin

As several readers may know, my wife who has MS, has been using Prokarin for about 5 years now. It has helped relieve several of her symptoms and allowed her some quality of life that she would not otherwise enjoy.

The inventor of Prokarin, Elaine Delack, has just published a book about her story of how this transdermal cream came to be used in the symptom relief of MS. From her first diagnosis of MS ...
Read more : The Story of Prokarin | Views : 2341 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Reading Nook

Interesting blog about antidepressants and neuronal repair

This blog is interesting...and seems to be right up Deb's alley...

March 09, 2005
Rewiring the Brain?

Just how do antidepressant drugs work? The answer you get (and the confidence with which it's delivered) will vary according to the experience of the person giving it: the more experienced and knowledgeable they are, the more tentative and uncertain the answer. I worked on central nervous system drugs for eight years, and I can confidently state that ...
Read more : Interesting blog about antidepressants and neuronal repair | Views : 1370 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Cladribine (Mylinax)

From what I can tell, Serono is about to put cladribine (called Mylinax) into phase III clinical trials for treatment of multiple sclerosis.

For those who are interested in becoming participants in the trial, (you know me), I just wanted to issue another short and quick "caution" is all.

Just research carefully.

Remember, it is thought by some that the EBV virus is or may be contributory ITSELF to causation of MS. Let me post ...
Read more : Cladribine (Mylinax) | Views : 1372 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

remyelination

Hi All -

I've been wondering about remyelination and thinking that some of you might have some insights. I am particularly interested now because my latest MRIs showed a decrease in lesion load. I was not on any conventional medication that could have contributed to that outcome (and given issues with my liver and the Tysabri mess, it seems unlikely I will be any time soon). I understand that spontaneous myelin repair is not unheard ...
Read more : remyelination | Views : 1688 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Saw my first commercial

Today, March 9th, 2005 I saw for the first time, a Multiple Sclerosis Awareness walk-a-thon commercial! 9 days into the month!

The thing that gets me is that Breast Cancer advertisements run every other commercial! I have no quarrels with Breast Cancer and I applaud the way they advertise to make people aware of it and of their fund raising efforts!

I do not think MS gets the attention it deserves! And it affects a ...
Read more : Saw my first commercial | Views : 1714 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN and Dental work

I need to have some dental work done in a few weeks (crown). Does any one no if the LDN will interfer with the novocaine?
Read more : LDN and Dental work | Views : 2537 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Danish ms-diet

This is lay-translated by me from the website of the danish MS-society:

"Diet and Multiple sclerosis

For more than 50 years one has gathered experiences and conductet research on the relationship between diet and multiple sclerosis. Research show a positive effect after a change of diet - both with the frequency of attcks, movement/tonus (da:'förlighed') and quality of life.

New scientific research support practical experience: Disease activity is significantly reduced if animal fat and dairy ...
Read more : Danish ms-diet | Views : 2766 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Diet

Standard of Care

Trudy brought up an interesting perspective in another thread regarding the medical profession itself contributing (even if inadvertantly) to adjustment or adverse emotions for MS patients.

That brought to mind that perhaps some people might not be completely aware of what kind of treatment they can and in my opinion, should expect from their medical care professionals, as a minimum.

I thought I would just post some items from the American Medical Association. I will ...
Read more : Standard of Care | Views : 1371 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Here come the lawsuits

Well, we all knew this was coming. The class action lawsuits. And so far these are only pertaining to securities on behalf of investors. What the SEC will do is anybody's guess right now, not to mention what Biogen may be facing from negligence, wrongful death and/or personal injury lawsuits. Just fighting these alone will cost Biogen millions, I'm sure.

This first one was interesting to me, of course, because this one includes the "allegations" ...
Read more : Here come the lawsuits | Views : 8757 | Replies : 37 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222264 • Total topics 23085 • Total members 14614

Contact us | Terms of Service