It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:20 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

help make aimspro available soon

A website has now been set up by volunteers to give the widest possible support to make Aimspro available as soon as possible.

Have a look at:

http://www.proventus.org.uk/

There is also a plan to send a petition to the UK government to speed up the legislation proces of this important medicin.

As many people should sign this petition to help this action.

You can sign the petition on:

Read more : help make aimspro available soon | Views : 1885 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Links

This might be one of those DUH! type questions but here goes...........I've done many many posts in the forums and belonged here for awhile now, but never have included links within my posts.

How do I do this? Just like including links to sites in E-Mails?

I didn't even try because I didn't want to create some screwed up post here on the site.

I'd appreciate the instruction..................... or just tell me I'm a DUH! ...
Read more : Links | Views : 2302 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Support

Glad to be 'e'board

Hi all

Just a little introduction, :D .dxd 02/02, Copaxone with reasonable ability to stick to Swank diet. Fatigue and gait problems among other charming symptoms which I won't go into here.

Glad to be eboard the MS forum !

Cheers
Stoli :roll:
Read more : Glad to be 'e'board | Views : 1799 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

non-antibiotic tetracycline on the horizon?

Interesting.

http://www.multiple-sclerosis-mf.org/

Ruan Multiple Sclerosis Center Projects
M.L.Kirby

The Ruan Multiple Sclerosis Center was the recipient of our 2003 research funding campaign. Drs. Bruce Hughes, Michael Jacoby and Michael Kirby are using the funds donated by the MARS Foundation to begin a safety study of a promising new class of MS drugs. A very early, Phase I clinical trial of a non-antibiotic tetracycline that acts as a specific enzyme ...
Read more : non-antibiotic tetracycline on the horizon? | Views : 1859 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Ancient Virus Protein Linked to Multiple Sclerosis

I was surfing the web and came accross this article. Thought it may be of interest to all of you...

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=healthNews&storyID=6346673

Ancient Virus Protein Linked to Multiple Sclerosis

By Karla Gale

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Syncytin, a virus protein that has been around for millions of years, may play a role in the nerve damage that occurs with multiple sclerosis (MS), scientists report in the journal Nature Neuroscience. This finding could lead to new ...
Read more : Ancient Virus Protein Linked to Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 1314 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Open Minded Neurologists...................

..........and the need to work in a multidisciplinary environment.

As an example:

It is all very well for neurologists to be willing, for example to prescribe minocycline for people suffering from MS. They need to think carefully why they are doing it and seek advice from an expert in microbiology.

Most neurologists prescribing minocycline will be doing so because of its immunomodulatory powers, rather than its main use of stalling infection. They might be surprised ...
Read more : Open Minded Neurologists................... | Views : 1249 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Joint problems ( stiffness)

HI.

I have not been diagnosed with MS yet but according to my doctor I have some of the symptom. My MRI showed enough to cause concern by my doctor. I am now going to be scheduled to see a neurologist.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the have the same symptoms. If I sit down for any length of time, I have a really hard time standing up again, my knees ...
Read more : Joint problems ( stiffness) | Views : 1436 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

PROVENTUS

www.proventus.org.uk

This is the web site I posted on Sept. 26 titled "Another site to monitor Aimspro." There is a petition to sign for the Aimspro Lobby in the UK on it. I think we all should sign it no matter where we live. What do we have to lose. If it moves quickly in the UK, maybe the FDA will be pressured in the states to approve it ...
Read more : PROVENTUS | Views : 1620 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

An update on Goat Serum from the MS Society in the UK

What is goat serum?

This treatment uses antibodies from the serum (the fluid portion of blood) of goats that have been inoculated with a variety of vaccines, to generate neutralising antibodies.
Antibodies are proteins produced by white blood cells in response to an antigen (foreign protein), to destroy/neutralise the antigen. The strong anti-inflammatory component of the serum is thought by researchers to be 'potentially useful' in the treatment of MS.

Evidence
Much anecdotal evidence ...
Read more : An update on Goat Serum from the MS Society in the UK | Views : 4072 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Aimspro

Palaeolithic Diet.

Hi I'm a Newbie to the forum. I had a read through an earlier post by Crispy, a lot of good stuff in it but it is getting a little verbose and the last post to it was in July so I thought I'd start a new thread rather than append that one.

I have been dx RRMS for over 10 years and I have not made any dietary change in that time until recently. ...
Read more : Palaeolithic Diet. | Views : 3190 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Diet

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219292 • Total topics 22624 • Total members 14266