It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:33 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Chlamydia pneumoniae: crossing the barriers?

This paper goes to illustrate just how much chronic infection has CPn as the root.

http://erj.ersjournals.com/cgi/content/full/23/4/499

Chlamydia pneumoniae: crossing the barriers?
F. Blasi1, S. Centanni2 and L. Allegra1
1 Institute of Respiratory Diseases, University of Milan, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, and 2 Institute of Respiratory Diseases, University of Milan, Respiratory Unit, San Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy

Correspondence: F. Blasi, Institute of Respiratory Diseases, University of Milan, Pad. Litta, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, ...
Read more : Chlamydia pneumoniae: crossing the barriers? | Views : 2462 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Antibiotics

MLN1202

Another drug / another trial

Is there anyone out there with MS who isn't on a drug or a drug trial?

http://investor.millennium.com/phoenix. ... highlight=

Bromley
Read more : MLN1202 | Views : 1846 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Rate your Neuro

I haven't been around here much for a while, so maybe this is redundant, but has anybody seen this website that someone who posts on MSWorld has started?

http://msneuroratings.com/ratings/

I thought it was kind of neat. I haven't posted to it (under Tennessee), mainly because the two posts under it already cover my former neuros. :P The only thing I would ...
Read more : Rate your Neuro | Views : 1281 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

FTY720

Dear all,

This is from the Boston Cure Project site:

art writes "No link for this one, but Novartis sent a letter in April to investigators participating in their trial of FTY720 in people undergoing transplant patients. It seems that there have been 13 cases of macular edema (swelling of the center of the retina) out of 1600 transplant cases. Five of these had no other risk factors and the Opthamology Advisory Group has confirmed ...
Read more : FTY720 | Views : 1554 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

would like to know of the significant side effects of LDN

Hi all being new to this forum i would like to ask anybody that has had any major side effects from LDN i have not long learned about this wonderful drug but all the information i have found is positive(which is a good thing) but there must be something bad!!!!!!!I have read the minor ones - restless nights(i can live with that) vivid dreams(no big deal) i am going to my neuro in a few ...
Read more : would like to know of the significant side effects of LDN | Views : 7892 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Nerve repair

Dear all,

Some hopeful news from the BBC website. Doesn't specifically mention MS but testing on humans could be within the next year.

Bromley

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4707023.stm
Read more : Nerve repair | Views : 3473 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

Lawsuit: Similar Article - A Little More Detail

Here is another Boston Globe press release that just provides a tad bit more detail as to the allegations contained in the lawsuit against Biogen/Elan .

It almost sounds like me talking (a few months ago). How odd, huh? I will highlight.

Please also note below some clarification regarding "informed consent" (i.e. clinical "waivers") that I tried to explain many times in the past (very passionately, I might add), and which I just answered ...
Read more : Lawsuit: Similar Article - A Little More Detail | Views : 1580 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Measles, B Cells and MS

Dear all,

This paper is really for the scientists among us (which I'm not). However, I sort of understand what it says - that anti-bodies to MS are increased in MS sufferers and the B cells play a part in progression of this disease. I have seen elsewhere that B cells (in addition to T cells) are being studied in terms of their role in MS and that some future treatments are targetted at B ...
Read more : Measles, B Cells and MS | Views : 941 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

New to MS and Posting

:?: Hello, everyone one. Thanks for letting me join your fine group. I am hoping to learn as much as I can about MS and the Dx process. I am in limbo myself still going through all the testing.

I was Dx'd with Fibromyalgia 3 years ago, however a new GP has since decided that the progression of my symptoms as well as new ones are looking ...
Read more : New to MS and Posting | Views : 3053 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Introductions

Pleased but puzzled

I posed this question in an earlier thread but it did not receive a response. Perhaps everyone is on holiday or I phrased the question badly? However, being the persistent little soul that I am – here it is again.

I have to confess I am still struggling to figure out exactly how this stuff is working so the following is a “think bubble” for anyone to comment upon.

To set the scene:- I have ...
Read more : Pleased but puzzled | Views : 3378 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 224350 • Total topics 23423 • Total members 14836

Contact us | Terms of Service