It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:44 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

PPAR Agonists

Ok.....this is a spin-off from the "Nerve Regeneration" thread I just started. I mentioned the commonality of PPARs in it.

I see now, that a researcher has found the same thing I was about to post (several abstracts), so I'll save time and just post his synopsis, which I retrieved from the NMSS website. He has been given a pretty large grant to proceed with his research. This sounds promising:

Douglas Feinstein, PhD
University ...
Read more : PPAR Agonists | Views : 1147 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Nerve Regeneration

Hi, folks!

Just when I thought I had "read it all"! Here's something I ran across that I found interesting. Don't ask me who this gentleman is exactly , but s/he's from the Brain Research Institute at the University of Zurich (that's Switzerland, right? :wink: )

Anyway, it's pretty easy reading. For some reason, I found "something" in it interesting, and maybe with ...
Read more : Nerve Regeneration | Views : 4328 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

Easier to read postings, how?

Something I have seen mentioned on other forums:

Some MSers have trouble reading postings that have alot of sentences run together. Separating paragraphs like this is apparently a help.

I know I am especially guilty of running sentences and paragraphs together in some of my long posts.

Are there other suggestions you folks can give to make it easier to read posts? Perhaps some pointers on making posts more easy to follow.

Bigger fonts? There ...
Read more : Easier to read postings, how? | Views : 1058 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

To Dr. Scott's patients...

Dr. Scott is no longer doing phone consultations for LDN scripts, so if you are using him, you need to make other arrangements to get your LDN for now. I wish I knew more to tell you, but I don't.

If you would like to write a letter to him stating how much difficulty you had in finding someone to prescribe LDN and how it helped you, that might be of some benefit to help ...
Read more : To Dr. Scott's patients... | Views : 1680 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

anyone happen to be from the island, ny

had to recently switch insurances, and my neuro just called and said they dont accept my insurance i need to find a new doc, :evil: i am planning on calling NMSS for a refferal but was wondering if anyone on here happened to know of anyone .

thanks a lot
Read more : anyone happen to be from the island, ny | Views : 1025 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MS and Relationships

Here's a subject that probably hasn't been discussed for while, if ever, here. Relationships with people with MS.

As we all know, it was eventually determined that I do NOT have MS. Yippee! BUT..........of course after all of this time and my intense involvement with MS, I have made several friends with MS.

I just had a doctor appointment with my PCP a couple of days ago, and we got into an interesting discussion regarding ...
Read more : MS and Relationships | Views : 2181 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Vitamin C and MS ???

I have been under the impression that Vitamin C is generally not recommended for people with MS because it may stimulate the immune system. I started to read more about it and came across this news release. Discovery Shows New Vitamin C Health Benefits

The newest findings explain for the first time how vitamin C can react with and neutralize the toxic byproducts of human fat metabolism.

“This is a previously unrecognized function for vitamin ...
Read more : Vitamin C and MS ??? | Views : 11118 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Natural Approach

When is your Birthday

Hey everyone,

I thought this would be fun.

When is your BIRTHDAY?

You don't have to put the year or your age, unless you want to.

Mine is:

OneEyeBlind-Karen

September 7th
Read more : When is your Birthday | Views : 4237 | Replies : 25 | Forum : General Discussion

Fish oil?

Has anyone heard that fish oil is good for MSers?
Read more : Fish oil? | Views : 3731 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

Anti-biotics and nerve protection

Dear all,

Article from the BBC's website about anti-biotics and nerve protection. Doesn't specifically mention ms but is no doubt relevant.

As usual the research was done on mice - do scientists have a phobia about humans?

As usual, further trials will be necessary etc etc.

I hope that there's an ms researcher out there who has set the following New Year's resolution - 'to undertake a piece of research which reaches definitive results and ...
Read more : Anti-biotics and nerve protection | Views : 2032 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220860 • Total topics 22892 • Total members 14455

Contact us | Terms of Service