It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:53 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Dear Jenni

I have had ms sense 1997. I have been treated :wink: :arrow: at 2 major ms centers and have been treated with several different treatments (trial and approved).
I will tell you anything I know, that you think may help. There is alot of information available both good and bad. Feel free to p/m me and I will pass ...
Read more : Dear Jenni | Views : 1760 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Question about autoject

I will be given a choice of autoject or manual. Does anyone have an opinion on which they feel is better? ie; more/less bruising, more comfortable to use, ease/convenience of use etc. I tried a search for autoject on this site but not too much came up. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Read more : Question about autoject | Views : 1883 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Depressed and Looking for someone to talk to

Hi everyone, for those of you who don't know me I'm Jenni. I'm 14 years old and was diagnosed about two months ago. I'm not feeling very well today and I'm just kinda looking for seomeone to talk to. If you're interested let me know. Thanks.
Read more : Depressed and Looking for someone to talk to | Views : 1948 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

MS mum vows: 'I'll go abroad to die without new drug'

Found this article at http://www.talkaboutsupport.com/group/a ... sclerosis/
posted by msbuckaroo

Article originally from:
http://icberkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/0100 ... _page.html

MS mum vows: 'I'll go abroad to die without new drug' Aug 26 2004

Exclusive By Francis Batt

THE much-loved manager of a thriving sports and social club says she will choose to die if she is not allowed access to a new wonder drug.

Brenda Snelling, ...
Read more : MS mum vows: 'I'll go abroad to die without new drug' | Views : 1734 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Regimens

Is it the Copaxone?

I'm not ready to bring out the marching bands yet but I got a bit of good news yesterday when my neuro's office called to tell me the results of the mri I had last week. There has been no change since my last mri 30 months ago or any change from the one I had 4 years ago for that matter.

Does this mean that the Copaxone I've been on for 42 months (including ...
Read more : Is it the Copaxone? | Views : 3676 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Copaxone

Famous people with MS

There is a list of famous people with MS on
http://www.mult-sclerosis.org
You would think some of them would get together and organize a pool for research outside the normal path. Like for LDN.
Alan Osmond is said to have headed to England and got involved with the Goat Serum (Aimspro) study. http://www.osmondms.com
No update on his condition. Money talks thier.
There are others ...
Read more : Famous people with MS | Views : 2591 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Regimens

The effects of Minocycline in the first two weeks

After giving up on one of the ABCR drugs due to the side effects, I felt the need to at least do something for my newly diagnosed MS. I convinced my GP to give me a prescription for Minocycline.

The first thing I have noticed on being on the antibiotic is that it makes me slightly lightheaded. I haven't experienced any stomach problems yet and I am thinking of adding acidophilus to my diet of ...
Read more : The effects of Minocycline in the first two weeks | Views : 2937 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Regimens

2 month progress on LDN and interesting conversation piece..

We had the two month follow up consultation with Dr. Scott for my son's LDN. He has been taking 3 mg and doing really well with it, and Dr. Scott elected not to increase it at this time. I suppose we are going with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" theory my 90 year old grandma lives by! I agreed with this, because in case my son develops a "tolerance" to it later ...
Read more : 2 month progress on LDN and interesting conversation piece.. | Views : 2098 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

LDN/Aimspro

There's lots of anecdotal evidence for LDN and goat-serum easing MS symptoms. For each of these treatments: can it be shown that threre is any effect on the disease progression, or is it just a symptom-relief treatment?
Read more : LDN/Aimspro | Views : 2482 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Less lesions, still unsteady

Hi all, I've been feeling less steady on my feet, so I went to my neuro, had a brain MRI and it showed no new lesions and that some of the lesions were actually shrinking. I've been on Avonex for 2 years. Can symptoms appear without lesion activity? Or are the lesions likely to be down my spine?
Read more : Less lesions, still unsteady | Views : 2012 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218768 • Total topics 22549 • Total members 14197