It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:06 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Tysabri 2 year data out

Full data will be released at AAN in april but here is the news release:

TYSABRI-R- Two-Year Monotherapy Trial Demonstrates Significant Impact on Disability Progression and Relapse Rate in Multiple Sclerosis
Thursday February 17, 2:30 am ET

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. & DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 17, 2005--
Data Show 42% Reduction in the Risk of Disability Progression and Sustained 67% Reduction in Relapse Rate

Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB - News) and Elan Corporation, plc (NYSE: ELN - ...
Read more : Tysabri 2 year data out | Views : 5888 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Greetings from caregiver

Hi: My loving wife diagnosed 2 weeks before 9/11. On co-paxon. Rem itting/Relapsing. Her brother was diagnosed 2 weeks before she was and that is how we finally discovered what was wrong with her. Were dealing with it. She has good attitude and her mantra is......you play with the cards God deals you. We are doing that and trying to make a difference with the disease and help others inflicted with it as well as ...
Read more : Greetings from caregiver | Views : 1504 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

ASPERTAME CAUSING/COMPLICATING MS ???

I learned of the Aspertame and its alleged affects, including suspicions that it mimics MS symptoms, yesterday while helping the MS Society at Lobby Day at the Capitol in St Paul to get some important legislation passed in 05 to help the folks who are struggling to get by and who are disabled. It's senate and house bill 984 and 980. Call you legislator to support it for MN residents

Although a legislator gave me ...
Read more : ASPERTAME CAUSING/COMPLICATING MS ??? | Views : 4740 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Research at University of Wisconsin

My wife brought me this cutting from UK Good Housekeeping magazine:
New MS treatment goes on trial

A common antibiotic is the latest hope for treating multiple sclerosis (MS), which affects 85,000 people in the UK. Researchers believe minocycline could be used to supress the inflammation that destroys the protective covering of nerve fibres (myelin) in MS sufferers, causing numbness and paralysis. Animal tests suggest that minocycline could suppress MS if given in the early stages. ...
Read more : Research at University of Wisconsin | Views : 1428 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

transverse myelitis

My wife was dignosed with MS 6 years ago. Her sister was diagnosed with MS two years ago, but has recently been re-diagnosed as having transverse myelitis. A quick online review of TM makes me wonder how Doctors can reliably distinguish between the two. So, maybe my wife also has TM instead of MS. Anyone have some knowledge on this question of differentiation?
Read more : transverse myelitis | Views : 2755 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Biogen Idec at Merrill Lynch Pharmaceutical Conference

Biogen Idec at Merrill Lynch Global Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device Conference

February 9 - 2005

Some excerpts from his "main presentation"

"And the big news, the news that people have spent a lot of time talking about and analyzing and questioning up on is Tysabri. You all know that we filed in the U.S. and Europe on the one-year data. The two year trials continued. One of them is finished. And that data ...

Axon Regeneration and Polyamines

Not long ago, in another thread (link below), we talked about axonal regeneration:

<shortened url>

The thought is it takes not only growth factors and neurotrophins, but ALSO an elevation in cAMP at the same time in order for CNS regeneration to result.

I propose to go one step farther (based on prior research of mine). If you can also block PKC activity, inhibit Nogo-A/NgR (which is a protein that has been found to ...
Read more : Axon Regeneration and Polyamines | Views : 1401 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

T Cell Therapy

Still early days on this one, but the more the merrier...

PharmaFrontiers...Key Clinical Milestones in Multiple Sclerosis

THE WOODLANDS, Texas, Feb. 14, 2005 (PRIMEZONE) -- Cell therapy developer PharmaFrontiers Corp. (OTCBB:PFTR) has...reached critical milestones in two Phase I/II clinical trials to evaluate the application of its T Cell therapy in multiple sclerosis.

Two clinical studies of its Tovaxin autologous T Cell therapy for treatment of multiple sclerosis have reached critical milestones. In one study, a ...
Read more : T Cell Therapy | Views : 1578 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Gray Matter, Progressive MS, & Better Imaging

Here is something that combines what we have discussed before (gray matter changes in MS) and correlates it directly to progressive MS. Interestingly enough, this recent study also supports one of my (many) recent complaints about the antiquated testing and disease progress imaging procedures that are still in common use today, when there are many other testing and imaging procedures that if put into practice would prove to be more efficient, etc.

In a nutshell, ...
Read more : Gray Matter, Progressive MS, & Better Imaging | Views : 1059 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Tysabri at home infusion?

I have received 2 doses of Tysbri at the hospital in the medical short stay unit. It isn't bad, but it is a long drive to and from. My doctor said I could have the infusion anywhere I liked, and the nurses in the office have been working on trying to set up home infusions for those who want that. Which I really do. A nurse would come in to the home, start the IV, ...
Read more : Tysabri at home infusion? | Views : 2056 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221759 • Total topics 23025 • Total members 14551

Contact us | Terms of Service