It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:55 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Copaxone side effects

I have a question for anyone that would like to respond. I have had MS for the past 5 years 3 of which I have been taking Copaxone. I was okay for the first six months and then I started having the severe reaction with chest tightness and shortness of breath. This reaction has happened to me at least once every 2-3 months while I have been on this drug. Now my chest aches on ...
Read more : Copaxone side effects | Views : 10275 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Copaxone

My toe hurts

This has nothing to do with anything other than the fact that late last night, about 4 AM, as I walked out of the bathroom I slammed my left foot into the bottom of the door frame and after screaming and thrashing around and saying words no one could understand, which resulted in my parrots screaming and the dog running in uncontrolled circles, and others here in the house sitting up startled from a dead ...
Read more : My toe hurts | Views : 1326 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

enlarging the text ?

Many of us are vision impaired, making it impossible to read or participate in the forums,any chance of enlarging the text size ?

I sure find the topics interesting but honestly cannot read the posts, it's a shame that those with vision differculties cannot participate.

Beverly
Read more : enlarging the text ? | Views : 2523 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Suggestions

The FDA grants Priority Review status to Anegren

Please read, encouraging!

FDA Designates Antegren Biologics License Application for Priority Review as a Treatment for Multiple Sclerosis; Application Under Accelerated Approval Guidelines

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. & SAN DIEGO & DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 28, 2004--Biogen Idec and Elan Corporation, plc announced today that the Biologics License Application (BLA) for ANTEGREN(R) (natalizumab) has been designated for Priority Review and Accelerated Approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS). The ...
Read more : The FDA grants Priority Review status to Anegren | Views : 1405 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Pharmaceutical Companies

There has often been talk on this forum about the actions of pharmaceutical companies and how influential they can be. Some readers may refuse to believe that companies that produce medications can act in the manner that they do. I think after reading this long article from the NY Times, your views may be changed.

Harry

As Doctors Write Prescriptions, Drug Company Writes a Check

June 27, 2004
By GARDINER HARRIS

The check for $10,000 ...
Read more : Pharmaceutical Companies | Views : 5044 | Replies : 38 | Forum : General Discussion

Quackery

I am curious as to why some people think all complementary medicine is quackery.

I the last few weeks, on the forum, I have read people dismissing everything from Vitamin C to yoga.

I think, most of us would agree, there are some very dangerous people praying on the vulnerability that come with conditions like MS and it is important people are aware of this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but why this level ...
Read more : Quackery | Views : 1834 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Non-Profit MS Charity Ethics

I wonder about ethics policies at the NMSS and other MS non-profits. One issue that concerns me in particular is the relationship with pharmaceutical companies. Specifically, I wonder about restrictions that might come with grants by drug companies, and I wonder about investments by such charities as well as personal investments by the executives and officers of MS charities.

At the moment, we have the ABCR drugs that have been approved. It appears that Antegren ...
Read more : Non-Profit MS Charity Ethics | Views : 10336 | Replies : 66 | Forum : General Discussion

What time do you take your LDN?

I'm really confused. The doctor said for my son to take his LDN an hour before bedtime, yet I read a posting from someone who works the midnight shift and takes LDN at 1:00 a.m..

My son is just starting LDN this weekend, and his "bedtime" is pretty eratic during summer months out of school. He's 16, very social, and it's hard to set a specific time every night to take it.

How are you ...
Read more : What time do you take your LDN? | Views : 1975 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

side affect question

hello all, i am new to this board and new to avonex last night was my first injection, and i had a question. i got the typical side affect with the flu and high fever, and needed to know if when i have this fever is it contagious? or no because it is just a side affect? i have 3 children and hope they can not catch it. any input would be greatly appreciated. and ...
Read more : side affect question | Views : 2452 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

Clutching at straws?!

Hi,

I've been suffering right hip pain going down the outside of my leg, right knee pain going down the outside of my leg, lower back pain, painful hands and wrists going up the outside of my forearm. The pain doesn't seem to be coming from the joint more like the muscles either side. Over the last week or so I have developed a 'twitch' over my left cheekbone, it seems to be worse when ...
Read more : Clutching at straws?! | Views : 1792 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218785 • Total topics 22550 • Total members 14199