It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:39 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

FDA news

This might be a little OT, because it's regarding the flu vaccine. But I just saw this news release and thought I'd post it.

It just seems that lately, the FDA "appears" to have had a recent past practice of being a little "lax" shall we say?

You can't help but wonder what in the world is going on there at the FDA? Ya know? (I've highlighted a couple of statements in this news release ...
Read more : FDA news | Views : 1012 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Glossary (Interesting Website!)

Hey, folks!

Just now, while posting to the "gray matter" thread that billf started, I ran across this website that I had never seen before. I haven't looked at it in depth yet. It isn't directed to MS, but it looks interesting. It appears to be something on the "philosophical" edge of life in general (mscaregiver may find this one interesting, also, if he hasn't happened upon it yet). Combines biology with neurology, etc.

Anyway, ...
Read more : Glossary (Interesting Website!) | Views : 1040 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

FIRST TRIAL OF LDN FOR MS

An English translation of an LDN trial protocol is available at the Evers Multiple Sclerosis Clinic in Germany http://www.klinik-dr-evers.de

This should encourage other researchers to proceed as well, and it will make it easier for patients seeking LDN prescriptions, now that a trial has launched.

The protocol calls for a very short duration trial (10 days). Dr. Mir indicates this is an initial pilot study, to be followed by ...
Read more : FIRST TRIAL OF LDN FOR MS | Views : 2368 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

metallic taste

i have some of the most bizarre symptoms, sometimes i feel like i'm crazy. does anyone here ever have a metallic taste in their mouth? i've never read it listed as a symptom of ms. the metallic taste began a year ago, when the trigeminal neuralgia started, exact same day. the taste is really one of the minor problems i realize, but it is just so odd i wanted to ask if anyone else experiences ...
Read more : metallic taste | Views : 3259 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

OddDuck / Harry Z – Peace

The exchange of views that we had in the thread “Antegren - Debunking Urban Myths” was useful to the degree that differing viewpoints were exchanged. It was counterproductive, however, in that the language that I used led to both of you being insulted and offended. I apologize that my words have caused you distress. Whatever my enthusiasm for my position, the exchange of views ended badly, and I take the blame for the result.

I ...
Read more : OddDuck / Harry Z – Peace | Views : 2213 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

gray matter affected in earliest stages of MS

For all the people who are still seeing MS as an autoimmune attack on myelin (modled by EAE in mice). Wake up!! Times are changing!!
<shortened url>
Read more : gray matter affected in earliest stages of MS | Views : 13140 | Replies : 103 | Forum : General Discussion

Autism

Dear all,

The following article was on the BBC's website today. While not directly related to MS there is some very familiar language - inflammation in the brain etc.

I hope it is of interest to those with a more scientific bent e.g. OddDuck.

Bromley

PS Given all her contributions, shouldn't we be paying OddDuck?

Brain inflammation link to autism

Autism is a mysterious condition
Scientists have produced compelling evidence that autism may in some ...
Read more : Autism | Views : 1428 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

ABT-874

Another new one in the very early stages...

Drug may offer relief from Crohn's disease

From Associated Press - November 15, 2004

An experimental drug that selectively tamps down part of the immune system can offer dramatic relief to many victims of the painful bowel disorder Crohn's disease, and might also work against illnesses such as arthritis and multiple sclerosis, researchers have found.

Other drugs are already available against Crohn's, but their effectiveness is spotty. ...
Read more : ABT-874 | Views : 3286 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

A doctor in California treating MS as an infection.

Copied this from the Antibiotics forum in case someone who might be interested misses it!
For anyone in the US who is of a mind to try treating their MS an an infection, a Stanford trained rheumatologist in Sacramento is willing to treat you, if you can make the trip to Sacramento and are willing to sign an informed consent form. He needs to see you at first, for obvious reasons, but thereafter can continue ...
Read more : A doctor in California treating MS as an infection. | Views : 1219 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Someone treating MS as an infection.

For anyone in the US who is of a mind to try treating their MS an an infection, a Stanford trained rheumatologist called Dr. M. Powell, known by Stratton and Sriram from Vanderbilt and using their regime, but based in Sacramento, is willing to treat you, if you can make the trip to Sacramento and are willing to sign an informed consent form. He needs to see you at first, for obvious reasons, but thereafter ...
Read more : Someone treating MS as an infection. | Views : 7693 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220817 • Total topics 22883 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service