It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:09 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Calling "Life on the Ice", please read and respond

Calling the female physician with MS who maybe was posting somewhere else last year under the name of "Life on the Ice". I may be completely wrong here, of course.

My husband, David Wheldon has accidentally deleted your email before he had a chance to reply to it, so could you please send it again? He feels very embarrassed about this because he always replies to emails, so could you please send it again? ...
Read more : Calling "Life on the Ice", please read and respond | Views : 1028 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Revolutionary nanotechnology illuminates brain cells at work

Any brain imaging breakthroughs have to be positive for MS research...

Revolutionary nanotechnology illuminates brain cells at work

May 30, 2005 - Physorg.com - Until now it has been impossible to accurately measure the levels of important chemicals in living brain cells in real time and at the level of a single cell. Scientists at the Carnegie Institution's Department of Plant Biology and Stanford University are the first to overcome this obstacle by successfully applying ...
Read more : Revolutionary nanotechnology illuminates brain cells at work | Views : 854 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

IL-12

IL-12 seems to implicated in MS, and this abstract refers to agents to control IL-12 production. I recently read something in Pubmed about quercetin (found in apples among other places I think) having an effect on IL-12. Anybody know of any other drugs / supplements that could have a beneficial effect on IL-12 for PwMS?

Regulatory mechanisms and their therapeutic implications of interleukin-12 production in immune cells.

Kang BY, Kim E, Kim TS.

Department of ...
Read more : IL-12 | Views : 1639 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Workplace Solvent Linked to Immune System Disorders

Read this article and it made me wonder. . .

MONDAY, May 30 (HealthDay News) -- The industrial solvent trichloroethylene (TCE) may cause immune system changes in workers exposed to the chemical, Italian researchers conclude.

The study found that workers exposed to TCE showed significant changes in the normal balance of immune system regulators called cytokines. The finding could explain previous research that found that workers exposed to TCE had increased rates of autoimmune disorders. ...
Read more : Workplace Solvent Linked to Immune System Disorders | Views : 1210 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Elan AGM Webcast Transcript 2005

Élan AGM Webcast Transcript - May 26, 2005

Opening Remarks:

(Kyran McLachlan): Annual General Meeting of Élan Corporation PLC. And the time is just after 10 o’clock and we can start our proceedings. The articles of the company require that 3 or more persons being holders of at least 1/3 of the issued ordinary shares of the company are present in person or are represented by proxy before a meeting of shareholders can take place. ...
Read more : Elan AGM Webcast Transcript 2005 | Views : 1799 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Busy Germans

Dear all,

For those interested, I attach links to three recent research papers (summaries). The summary findings are way above my head but the sense I get is that there is a real acknowledgement of how complex this disease is, but also the sense that some progress is being made which should, in turn, lead to better treatments.

http://www.msif.org/go.rm?id=12517

http://www.msif.org/go.rm?id=12516

Read more : Busy Germans | Views : 1165 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Tips and Tricks please

Well I'm off on the Betaseron (Betaferon in UK and Aus, why the brand change?) trip staring next week - I already got my pack and I've seen the instruments of torture! :( :wink:

So any tips or tricks any old-time Betaseronistas can gave me will be most welcome.

What time of day? What complimentary medications? Stuff to avoid? ...
Read more : Tips and Tricks please | Views : 4480 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Betaseron

Will the side effects ever cease?

I've been on Avonex for 1 year now and still have the normal side effects every week that come with it. I've gotten a pretty good routine to minimise the effects using Tylenol, eating, rest, and more Tylenol, but they are still there every week. Some weeks are worse than others. The neuro said when I started I'd only have them a couple of months. Wrong. Then he talked about switching to Copaxone for less ...
Read more : Will the side effects ever cease? | Views : 4298 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Avonex

AIMSPRO

It has been over a month since Daval were stopped from producing Aimspro but still no further news from Proventus who are supposed to be promoting the drug.

Daval likewise have decided to remain silent.

I hope this does not mean Aimspro has ended its life already?.

If anyone has any further news please post it.

Regards to all

Brian
Read more : AIMSPRO | Views : 1212 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

coconut oil

I don't know if this has already been posted but if not it's well worth the read....www.thecoconutdiet.com Have a good day, katie
Read more : coconut oil | Views : 2144 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Natural Approach

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 224430 • Total topics 23436 • Total members 14846

Contact us | Terms of Service