It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:14 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Specific Marker For Disease Misdiagnosed as MS

Has anyone seen this yet? In a recent conversation with the NMSS Research Department a few days ago (last week sometime), in my frustration, I specifically ranted a little bit about the fact that MS needs to be more narrowly defined and the diagnosis of MS in people should stick to those boundaries, and why wasn't anyone DOING that, because it appeared to me that there were probably several similar "appearing" but very different diseases ...
Read more : Specific Marker For Disease Misdiagnosed as MS | Views : 1481 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

RRMS

hello all,

had a few questions, was wondering if all of you who have rrms, could let me know how often you have experienced exaserbations? do you find it difficult to do daily chores?

i am asking because i was dx'ed with rr and am wondering if misdx'ed, i am going to see a new neuro next week, as insurance forced me to change but i believe is for best, as my other neuro has ...
Read more : RRMS | Views : 1958 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Canadien MS/Stem Cell Research

www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CT ... 779328_11/?

A Canadian woman is taking part in a remarkable study to help doctors learn how to stop multiple sclerosis in its tracks. But it's a dangerous and daring protocol that could risk her life.

Dyan Dixon has suffered from MS for more than 10 years. It's a cruel disease that appears to cause the immune system to go on the attack without warning.

Dyan suffers daily ...
Read more : Canadien MS/Stem Cell Research | Views : 1551 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Professor George Ebers

Dear all,

The UK MS Society website has an interview with Professor George Ebers of Oxford University. In terms of what the future might hold he said that:

'At present we can prevent relapses, in the future we will be able to prevent disability and I think it very likely that there will be a plausible prevention strategy in the next 1-2 years'.

No detail on what this prevention strategy might include - I'm not ...
Read more : Professor George Ebers | Views : 5948 | Replies : 52 | Forum : General Discussion

Totally emotional

I am speechless!

My employer, and the intenational employees have just donated £1500 towards my Marathon attempt.

I have had to raise my total expected now to £5000!

http://www.justgiving.com/squiffysmarathon

*faints*

To say that the "emotional lability" had kicked in would be an understatement! Stupid MS symptom in a man I think,,,,,,,,

squiffs :P
Read more : Totally emotional | Views : 1483 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

be proactive - don' t wait for Biogen, they're swamped

Hi,

After waiting almost 2 months for Biogen to get something set up, I took matters into my own hands.

1. 9 a.m. Called Blue Cross insurance - they said they'd cover it if the doctor would fax in info supporting the need for Tysabri. They also indicated that the infusion center (only one in the phone book) was in-network.
2. called the infusion center who said to have the doctor fax in the prescription ...

Daunted's antibiotic log

As you may recall, I am not diagnosed with MS but a "clinically isolated syndrome"; I have positive VEPs and unremitting symptoms consistent with mild MS. I have had two negative MRIs. I am undergoing antibiotic treatment with the Vanderbilt protocol (Amoxicillin, Doxcycyline, Rifampin, and pulses of Flagyl).

I am in the middle of my first pulse of Flagyl. I am keeping a symptom log and when I am several months into this, I will ...
Read more : Daunted's antibiotic log | Views : 25377 | Replies : 121 | Forum : Regimens

Warning

Beware of the "Marshall Protocol" of which you can find out more in the Antibiotics forum, so I won't repeat it here.

http://www.thisisms.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=704

Sarah
Read more : Warning | Views : 1294 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

$100 phone survey for Tysabri

Schlesinger Associates is doing a phone survey on Tysabri right now through Feb 16. They're paying anyone that's had at least one infusion $100 for 45 minutes. Sharon 866-861-0395 xt 201 - they're having a hard time getting people for the survey. Eastern standard time.... so I'm assuming they'll want the calls before 5?

Full disclosure, Sharon said they'd pay me a finders fee but they have none of my information except my phone/name so ...
Read more : $100 phone survey for Tysabri | Views : 2395 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

IgM Antibody question.

Hi All,

I'm new here so apologise if this has already been covered somewhere but I'd like to ask if anyone else has elevated IgM levels. Mine are way over the limit and keep rising. The neuro I saw seemed very concerned about it without being very forthcoming as to why. So I got to researching and found the following article:

The National Institutes of Health ...
Read more : IgM Antibody question. | Views : 2346 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222236 • Total topics 23080 • Total members 14607

Contact us | Terms of Service