It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:09 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Coenzyme Q10 - Idebenone

Has anybody experience with Idebenone - or Mnesis (Takeda Chemicals) or whatever commercial name - ?
It looks promising, sort of better chemical variant of CoQ10 - with so called properties to protect the brain's myelin sheath.
I am a chemist, and both molecules look very similar in their anti-oxydant properties. Unfortunately I do not know anything about how slightly different chains in a molecule could affect processes in the body.

Read more : Coenzyme Q10 - Idebenone | Views : 2377 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Google Scholar beta

Google has a new search type: Google Scholar. You can reach it on the Google website by clicking on 'More'. It is a beta version so it will hiccup occassionally but it will give you more research article oriented results and less of the home remedies, junior's first grade science project website, etc. It is similar to what you might get with PubMed and MedLine in medical research libraries and institutions. This is important if ...
Read more : Google Scholar beta | Views : 1301 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

The Sweats ::ick:::

I'm having night sweats and have had for some time. When you go look around at those 'diagnose thyself' websites... one usually finds - HIV (nope)... Menopause (very unlikely since I'm a guy)... blood sugar...and a few other unlikely maladies depending on the website...

Looking around in the MS areas I don't find too much either.... I did find on some discussion lists a few folks who had discussed with their doc but the doc ...
Read more : The Sweats ::ick::: | Views : 2267 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi there

Hi, I’ve been lurking around the site for a while now and there’s some excellent information here. I’m 23 and was diagnosed with MS 5 years ago. After a bit of a rough patch about 18 months ago I think I have finally found my feet again (in a manner of speaking :D ) and got things under control.

I’ve taken avonex in the past which ...
Read more : Hi there | Views : 6420 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Under 25 with MS

Questions about Antegren? Post them here

This is MS has established a wonderful contact at Elan who is an MD researcher there. He has graciously offered to at least entertain, if not answer, our questions about Antegren (because they are a public company, there are certain questions that they simply cannot answer at this point...)

So.... please post questions you would like to ask Elan about Antegren in this thread, and when we have a critical mass, I will pass them ...
Read more : Questions about Antegren? Post them here | Views : 3652 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

what do you call this symptom?

Hey i have jerky head movements and sometimes my head jerks involuntarily as well. What do you call this symptom and is there a drug for this? I've had it for some time now.
Read more : what do you call this symptom? | Views : 2417 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

needles and brusing

My wife tried the rebif injector ...whew and that went like crap. Then we went to manual injections, that went better but site brusing was common. Then we found the answer to the rebif needle problem. Order yoursefl insulin syringes off the internet we use BD ultra fine either 29 or 30 gauge (30 is the smallest) 1cc size with 1/2 inch needle. I transfer the medicine from the rebif (dart ha ha) syringe to ...
Read more : needles and brusing | Views : 3188 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Rebif

MS Research

Folks, ' myelinrepair.org ' May answer some of our questions. They have just posted some of their research findings on cell life cycle and myelin cycles, and possible preservation. A foundation of ONE of us, working to find a cure as quickly as possible. Take a look! HaGrtD ZZZZ
Read more : MS Research | Views : 1697 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

help finding type of MS info

I just can't find it again. I was recently reading a piece explaining the types of MS. The types were not the usual ones (RRMS, etc...), it was more of a detail of what was happening inside.

Do you know what I am looking for? I can't find it!!!

Thanks - and I'm going nuts - yes I know.
Read more : help finding type of MS info | Views : 1350 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Which Supplements for Neuroprotection & MS?

Odduck wrote:
Raising BDNF is only one of many ways to help provide neuroprotection. Maintaining neuronal (via ion channels) sodium density is also a form of neuroprotection. (Keppra - i.e. levetiracetam - helps to provide neuroprotection, also.) Most of the AEDs have neuroprotection mechanisms of action. There are several neurotrophins that will help provide neuroprotection.

And can/should it be inexpensive? Absolutely! It's fairly easy to find substances/drugs that will assist with neuroprotection.

Neuroprotection is a ...
Read more : Which Supplements for Neuroprotection & MS? | Views : 2238 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220882 • Total topics 22894 • Total members 14457

Contact us | Terms of Service