It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:22 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

A new guy!

I've been lurking a while and decided to register last night.
I'm 32, Male, from northern Ohio, married 6 years, self employed (http://www.englesdiscount.com). My name is Jeremy, - Nice to meet ya!

My family doctor diagnosed me, and referred me to a Nero. At this point in time, (6 months from first attack) I'm waiting to see him, should be on December 3rd, but I may cancel that and switch to the Mellon Center, since ...
Read more : A new guy! | Views : 1650 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

# of lesions = # of attacks?

in another thread i read that the number of brain lesions = the number of attacks a person has had. is that true? wow that is scary. :( i have 4 large ones and "too many to count" smaller ones. (those were the doc's words) do new symptoms always occur with each new attack? i often get these sharp, shooting pains in my head and within a ...
Read more : # of lesions = # of attacks? | Views : 2482 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

My MS Bag of Tricks

Treatment : How Long : Dosage

LDN, Low Dose Naltrexone : 4/17/03 : 3.0 MG capsule, daily, 9p-3a

Franklin Time Management : 10/95 : Daily, use Planner Software and paper books.

Dr. Wayne Dyer books/tapes : 5/93 : Quite frequently review, affects me daily, 11+ years now.

My 3 Chiropractors : 12/89 : sometimes twice a week, usually twice a month, ideally once a month.

That's my main 4 Felix the Cat MS Bag of ...
Read more : My MS Bag of Tricks | Views : 5173 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Regimens

The state of an infectious cause of MS

What is the state of an infectious cause of (at least some types of) MS? And by that I mean from the research world.

Why do I ask? The Antegren approval!

My wife is RRMS. Been on avonex, and it's not working. Also, the side effects have never diminished and are intollerable (and belive me she is one tough b*tch so it's not like she can handle it). The last neuro trip was coincidentally last ...
Read more : The state of an infectious cause of MS | Views : 1789 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Is anyone out there supplementing with Alpha Lipoic Acid? I have not been able to find out too much about it except for the CBS station in Chicago had done a story. The link below is that story.

http://cbs2chicago.com/health/local_sto ... 60834.html

I was diagnosed in March of this year with RRMS at the age of 44. I am currently on Rebif. I struggle with fatigue but do not take ...
Read more : Alpha Lipoic Acid | Views : 4189 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Natural Approach

Keppra for stiffness?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience of using Keppra (levetiracetam) for controlling stiffness. My Neuro has suggested I start using this to see if it will help with the stiffness problems I am having.
If you are using it what dosage are you taking?

Thanks,
Andy
Read more : Keppra for stiffness? | Views : 1826 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Regimens

LDN and drugs for pain

:?: My brother gets a lot of pain in his legs. When he was in hospital earlier this year they gave him oxinorm an opiate baseddrug. He is now hooked on it with all the side effects. No apatite, feel sick all the time, beigng sick when he eats, constipated (he has been in hospital with this) feeling cold and shivers. He is also sitll in pain. ...
Read more : LDN and drugs for pain | Views : 2887 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Who injects themselves?

Im wondering whether you guys inject yourselves or get someone else to inject you.
Read more : Who injects themselves? | Views : 4670 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Avonex

Umbilical cord blood can help leukemia patients

Found this on CTV.ca about umbilical cord blood used to help a leukemia patient.
I know the U of W, Madison is doing stem cell reaserch.
http://www.news.wisc.edu/packages/stemcells/
It would be nice if some trials would be started for use in MS.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... TopStories

Umbilical cord blood can help leukemia patients
CTV.ca News Staff

For decades, adult leukemia patients have had to rely ...
Read more : Umbilical cord blood can help leukemia patients | Views : 2253 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Stem Cells

LDN & Prozac

Does anyone know if you can take LDN with Prozac?
Read more : LDN & Prozac | Views : 2281 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221020 • Total topics 22917 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service