It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:20 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Twice a week Avonex?

Hey,

My doc put me on Avonex shots twice a week, and since then I go for 12+ months without any relapses. Right now I'm on 14 months without a relapse.

I was wondering if anyone else was on this kind of program and what their experience has been.
Read more : Twice a week Avonex? | Views : 3072 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Avonex

Draft a new VP of Research for the NMSS!

Everyone who's fed up with Stephen Rheingold, the current VP of Research for the NMSS (described as an "autocrat" a few times on this board due to his overwhelming control of current MS research and his unwavering faith that MS is an autoimmune disease)-- I have good news for you. He's retiring in January 2005.

I'm not very much in the industry loop, but as far as I can tell the NMSS hasn't named his ...
Read more : Draft a new VP of Research for the NMSS! | Views : 7613 | Replies : 73 | Forum : General Discussion

a new forum user

hello everybody,

i just wanted shortly to introduce myself. i am antje, coming from leipzig in germany, and was diagnosed on ms in april 2003. i was born in 1976, so i'm 28 now ( :lol: )

currently, i'm taking copaxone, but i'm not sure if i'll continue - all the new statitics make me really unsure of its benefit. but still, i'm in very good shape, ...
Read more : a new forum user | Views : 1435 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Desipramine & MS

This topic started in the autoimmune section with a post by OddDuck (Deb) and her research and theories are now posted as a headline article here on ThisIsMS..

My post is just some more info on Desipramine and its relationship to MS..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First let me say thanks to Deb for all her research and non conformist thinking to provide everyone with this great overview and well thoughtout and prepared documentation.

One thing is certain, ...
Read more : Desipramine & MS | Views : 4163 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

New to the forum--Hi!!

Hi!

I have not been diagnosed with MS yet though my Neurologist suspects that I have it. I don't know if any of you have these symptoms because they don't quite fit the symptoms lists I see so I am a little confused.

My main symptom is pain. It feels like my body (mostly arms and legs) are covered in shin splints if that makes sense. Its not my muscles or joints, but feels like ...
Read more : New to the forum--Hi!! | Views : 1709 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Chlamydia pneumoniae: the possible cause of MS?

My husband started with this posting on the Minocycline thread:

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:36 pm Post subject:

A small double-blind trial of antibiotics from the Vanderbilt team has just been presented at a conference:

Sriram, S., Song, Y., Moses, H., Stratton, C.W., Wolinsky J.: A pilot study to examine the effect of antibiotic therapy on MRI outcomes in relapsing remitting MS. Poster Presentation. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of ...
Read more : Chlamydia pneumoniae: the possible cause of MS? | Views : 27454 | Replies : 129 | Forum : Antibiotics

Oral monthly Solumedrol

Does anyone know about taking Solumedrol orally instead of IV? (in addition to CRAB drug) As a monthly 1 g I think. Anyone doing this?
Read more : Oral monthly Solumedrol | Views : 4041 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Opinion about MS research and NMSS

Sorry, time to leave the board.

-finn
Read more : Opinion about MS research and NMSS | Views : 1592 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Need advice on telling others

I would really appreciate comments on what others have found both successful and unsuccessful in terms of telling others. I have specific "fears" about any info on this getting to my current employer before I'm ready to address that.
But I also find that my family members (older brothers and sisters) are wanting to "broadcast" the "news" to distant family and family friends, when I would rather keep this quiet.

Am I being stupid about ...
Read more : Need advice on telling others | Views : 6104 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Friends and Family

Hello!

Hello All!

I'm Christine, a 31 year veteran to MS ... I'm happy to have found this site as it seems very informative.
:)
Read more : Hello! | Views : 1622 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218658 • Total topics 22531 • Total members 14176