It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:54 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MS, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, cancers

I am interested in a simple polling of MSers to get some idea of the co-occurrence of MS with other so called autoimmune diseases and cancers. This would not be a very scientific approach but I am curious if there is a relationship. I do not have MS and do not know anyone personally who does (that I know of). I am involved in drug discovery research at a not-for-profit research center. Our research is ...
Read more : MS, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, cancers | Views : 4025 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

I wish you didn't have to read this...

Because if you are, then your young life has somehow been affected by MS.

The good news is that there is hope, and tons of it. And our site is dedicated to providing that hope in the form of information, without a slant towards fattening any given drug company's pockets.

I hope you find our community a useful one, and realize that while it is of course incredibly difficult to deal with a serious issue ...
Read more : I wish you didn't have to read this... | Views : 4809 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Under 25 with MS

Team Project: List of every MS Treatment currently in trials

Allright everybody, it is time for a team effort.

This is MS would like to pull together (and maintain) a document showing every drug that is currently in clinical trials for the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis (or its effects, such as fatigue), what phase it is in, who makes it, main mode of action, preliminary results, etc.

While we can get quite far ourselves, this seemed like a great opportunity to get the community involved. ...
Read more : Team Project: List of every MS Treatment currently in trials | Views : 8881 | Replies : 37 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN Conference Info (External)

Note: This is MS is not involved nor endorsing this conference. In the interest of pursuing our charter of being an unbiased source of information, we are posting it here for the benefit of those members that may be interested.

July 27, 2004

First Annual LDN Conference Planned

Possible Early December 2004 Meeting At The New York Academy of
Sciences

** Please see below for your LDN-Yahoo Group Members' Survey and
Reply Form **

Plans ...
Read more : LDN Conference Info (External) | Views : 2707 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Question for Aaron

Hi Aaron....I posted information about the LDN Convention and I also sent you a private message regarding it but have not heard back as of yet. Private message was sent on August 2nd so I'm pretty sure that I should have heard something by now. Is there some other way that I am supposed to get the information regarding the convention to you? Would be nice to set the info on the convention as a ...
Read more : Question for Aaron | Views : 1627 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Endorphin role in MS

http://jnnp.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/74/4/495

A friend posted me this link. It is not a new study, it dates back to 2003 but it is quite interesting on the possible link between the petide ß endorphin in MS.

A lot of this backs up the Lucchinetti argument (see my boring post on the annal of neurology article on response to Bartlett).

And of course it also relates to LDN. Maybe someone should show ...
Read more : Endorphin role in MS | Views : 2104 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

To Aaron, re:forum for teens

Hi, Aaron! I'm beginning to think that maybe it is time to do as you suggested and start a forum for teens, and maybe even one for parents of teens. I'm noticing kids on all the boards I use, all of them looking for other kids to talk to, and one has a message board set up for kids, it isn't a very successful one.

I have had two teens to contact me this week ...
Read more : To Aaron, re:forum for teens | Views : 1399 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Switching from ABC to Rebif

Well... after being on Avonex for what seem like eons... The neuros have decided to switch me over to Rebif....

He said I could take either Beta or Rebif - Didn't matter to him, just needed something stronger than Avonex (I guess he's one of the ones who believes more is better)

Now my actual question.... Since Rebif and Avonex are both Interferonbeta -1a how will this transition be for me? Has anyone else done ...
Read more : Switching from ABC to Rebif | Views : 4798 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Rebif

Exacerbations while on LDN treatment

We would like to record people's experiences who have had exacerbations while on LDN.

Please copy and paste the following into your replies to this thread.

"I had an exacerbation(s) while on LDN treatment for Multiple Sclerosis. My details are as follows:"

I am ___ years old

I am ___ (male/female)

I have RR/SP/PP/PR MS for ___ years

My exacerbation(s) while on LDN affected my _____ (body part/function e.g., eyes, legs, cognitive, etc.)

It lasted ...
Read more : Exacerbations while on LDN treatment | Views : 14208 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Heya, folks.

Greetings, all. I just stumbled across this forum and thought I would say "hi". I'm a 36yo male, dx 12/99, on Copaxone now, but also using diet to do what I can. I've had a bit of a symptom flare-up recently with my stress skyrocketing. I'm trying to deal with getting disability insurance forms finished and looking at social security disability. I just can't keep the hours at work up to a managable level. I'm ...
Read more : Heya, folks. | Views : 1647 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220784 • Total topics 22876 • Total members 14447

Contact us | Terms of Service