It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:25 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

The Role of IL4 in MS (Antegren vs. Aimspro)

I have a question to throw out there. (Wesley, I hope you read this also, this should be a good exercise for you.)

IL4 and its role in MS is very controversial right now. I have my own opinion on it, but I'd be interested to see what others think.

I see two very distinct totally opposite theories regarding MS therapy between two of the newest drugs. Antegren and Aimspro. A goal of Antegren is ...
Read more : The Role of IL4 in MS (Antegren vs. Aimspro) | Views : 2311 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

MS AND FEMALE PREDOMINANCE

Ok, regarding the predominance of MS in women, here is something more recent which supports part of what I was saying in another thread.

Women produce and utilize progesterone at a much higher rate than men. But men need some progesterone, also. Since progesterone is increased in women during pregnancy, and women with MS seem to do better during pregnancy, I believe that benefit is linked to levels of progesterone. I'm not saying this is ...
Read more : MS AND FEMALE PREDOMINANCE | Views : 1329 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Latest LDN news summary

Feel free to pass on to others:

1. The journal 'Medical Hypotheses' has accepted an LDN/MS hypothesis for publication. Will be public in a few months.

2. The MS center at Univ. Texas is planning a full clinical trial of LDN for MS, after seeing my rapid recovery from secondary progressive MS on LDN. I am happy to answer any questions, my story and email is at LDNers.org.

3. Sourasky Medical Center in Israel has ...
Read more : Latest LDN news summary | Views : 2210 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Aimspro info

Article at www.proventus.org.uk

Find out the latest news from the Scientists, 15/10/2004

Dr Bryan Youl, the consultant neurophysiologist leading the clinical research programme for Daval, has provided us with some important news. He is delighted to report that the observations already made in the central nervous system (in Multiple Sclerosis patients) are being echoed by similar findings in peripheral nerves (outside the brain and spine). This is an exciting ...
Read more : Aimspro info | Views : 3905 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Aimspro

Pain

I take have taken tylenol,advil,and aleve. All these meds for pain.Any suggestions that will not interfere with Ldn? I have finished a few bottles of Tylenlol hin the last few months.I have some Darvacit, but it is a narcatic so I have not taken it.
Read more : Pain | Views : 1996 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Immunoglobulin

After reading this article today, I wonder how the makers of the CRAB drugs and the NMSS are going to react to a treatment which "boosts the immune system" !!!!

Most of us have read the infamous NMSS press release report which damned LDN because it "boosted" the immune system and therefore could be dangerous to MS patients. Boosting the immune system, according to the NMSS, goes against all conventional treatment for MS!

Harry
_________________________________ ...
Read more : Immunoglobulin | Views : 1351 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Author: Howard L. Weiner, M.D.

I've recently come across a review of Dr. Weiner's book, "Curing MS: How Science is Solving the Mysteries of Multiple Sclerosis".

The review was published in the latest issue of "InsideMS", from the NMSS.

Has anyone read the book yet? Any thoughts?
I'm not usually one for medical books but, it would seem that the book is a type of historical investigation. The history of the search of an identification of MS.

It does sound ...
Read more : Author: Howard L. Weiner, M.D. | Views : 4997 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Reading Nook

New Aimspro Page

Hi,

I have just put together a new page on Aimspro

please have a look and let me know what you think, and anything that is missed.

Aimspro

8)
Read more : New Aimspro Page | Views : 4407 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Aimspro

Genetics and MS

A leading authority of genetics and multiple sclerosis, David A. Hafler, from the Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, recently published an article. I'm pasting an excerpt here. The complete article can be found at: http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articl ... d=15067307.

Wesley: If you read this, I still think that you might consider contacting Dr. Hafler.

Deb

Copyright © ...
Read more : Genetics and MS | Views : 4154 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Gene Therapy

Using colors in post-how to do??

Whenever I post, I always select a color, but it never shows up!

I know I'm either doing something wrong, or NOT doing it at all,lol..
ALL help will be greatly appreciated, as I seem to be a bit dense,lol....

Take care and be well! Btw, I didn't select ANY color for this post,lol.
Read more : Using colors in post-how to do?? | Views : 2933 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Site Support

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221713 • Total topics 23018 • Total members 14544

Contact us | Terms of Service