It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:22 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Any college kids out there?

My name is Lexi. I was diagnosed on July 6th. I am a full-time student at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh Pa. I am 21 years old and my friends think I'm dying. I have recently started Avonex therapy. Feel free to send me a message or an email.
looking forward to making some friends who understand what I'm going through!
Read more : Any college kids out there? | Views : 1564 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

phone conference with Dr. Bihari

Hi there,
This may not be new information for everyone, but I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this option. After being frustrated about which neuros in Chicago actually know anything about LDN, let alone prescribe it, I decided to go right to the source. I called Dr. Bihari's office and talked with his assistant Bill, who was very helpful. I was initially thinking of actually going to NYC, but Bill told ...
Read more : phone conference with Dr. Bihari | Views : 7813 | Replies : 30 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Technological Innovation, pharmaceudical industry

This is a technical document on the historical aspects of the pharmaceudical industry between 1800 and 1990, very very interesting reading, it is in Adobe PDF format..

http://www.agif.com.br/download/RP302001-Achilladelis.pdf
Read more : Technological Innovation, pharmaceudical industry | Views : 1471 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Website for kids/teenagers

Often I read about website requests for kids and/or teenagers that have been diagnosed with MS. Today I came across this site that has been posted by the MS Society of Canada. I haven't had time to browse it as yet but hopefully it may be of benefit to some of our readers.

http://www.msif.org/en/people_with_ms/n ... ciety.html

Harry
Read more : Website for kids/teenagers | Views : 1581 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Worm Therapy?

Interesting story. I highly recommend reading the whole article.

Here's an excerpt-

Another possible target for the worm therapy: multiple sclerosis, a disease in which immune cells attack the central nervous system. People suffering from multiple sclerosis progressively lose the ability to control their muscles.

Working with Weinstock, University of Wisconsin neuroimmunologist Zsuzsa Fabry fed schistosome eggs to mice prone to multiple sclerosis. The parasite not only prevented the animals from developing the ailment, but ...
Read more : Worm Therapy? | Views : 1475 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Using Cancer Drugs To Treat MS

this is at http://www.wnbc.com/drmaxgomez/index.html
Got it from the LDN yahoo group
I wouldn't risk my life on it.

Using Cancer Drugs To Treat MS

POSTED: 6:14 pm EDT August 30, 2004

It's a simple request, but a few months ago, even walking a straight line would have been impossible for Melissa Kaplan. She has multiple sclerosis and all of the conventional therapies had failed to slow the progression of ...
Read more : Using Cancer Drugs To Treat MS | Views : 1799 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Regimens

chicago docs

Hi, has anyone had any personal experience with Dr. Steven Myer or Dr.
Alan Buchman mentioned in this site? I'm looking to go for a consult.
I'm now on Avonex and I would like to try LDN without going off Avonex.
Thanks.
Read more : chicago docs | Views : 2183 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Dear Jenni

I have had ms sense 1997. I have been treated :wink: :arrow: at 2 major ms centers and have been treated with several different treatments (trial and approved).
I will tell you anything I know, that you think may help. There is alot of information available both good and bad. Feel free to p/m me and I will pass ...
Read more : Dear Jenni | Views : 1795 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Question about autoject

I will be given a choice of autoject or manual. Does anyone have an opinion on which they feel is better? ie; more/less bruising, more comfortable to use, ease/convenience of use etc. I tried a search for autoject on this site but not too much came up. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Read more : Question about autoject | Views : 1904 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Depressed and Looking for someone to talk to

Hi everyone, for those of you who don't know me I'm Jenni. I'm 14 years old and was diagnosed about two months ago. I'm not feeling very well today and I'm just kinda looking for seomeone to talk to. If you're interested let me know. Thanks.
Read more : Depressed and Looking for someone to talk to | Views : 1980 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220994 • Total topics 22913 • Total members 14475

Contact us | Terms of Service