It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:00 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Darvoset

okay, y'all--
telll me what it is re this latest rx from my neuro, that the printed lit . doesn't. love, caroline
Read more : Darvoset | Views : 1994 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Avonex

Recommend a neurologist?

Are doctors' names appropriate to post in a forum? If not, perhaps responders could send me PM instead.

I live in "the boonies" where my neuro is certainly adequate but not "cutting-edge." For peace of mind, I'd like to seek alternate opinions about my MS and my therapy. I have numerous opportunities to travel to Seattle, Salt Lake City, and Denver for business purposes. Can those of you who live in those areas recommend an ...
Read more : Recommend a neurologist? | Views : 1680 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Copaxone/Avonex combo

hi everyone. i am brand new to this site & was wondering if anyone was on both copaxone & avonex? i have been on both for over 5 years now.
Read more : Copaxone/Avonex combo | Views : 1720 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

New Guy

Hello. I am new to this website and anxious to meet everyone. I have had MS for about 8 years now and am still mobile ( but it ain't pretty!) I do fall alot and have trouble with my gait, but I'm thankful for what I do have and what I can still do. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and hope to get to know you all.
Read more : New Guy | Views : 1732 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Biogen/Elan delay release of Phase III Antegren data

BIOGEN IDEC, ELAN TO DELAY RELEASE OF PHASE III ANTEGREN DATA UNTIL RECEIPT OF APPROVAL FROM FDA

This is probably not a major development. They are still on course to get it approved at the end of the year in the US. The article does mention that there is speculation that this might be a sign that an antegren/avonex combination study is not yielding desired results.

http://www.pharmexec.com/pharmexec/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=115017

Do you pay for your Rebif out-of-pocket?

Last week my Dr. switched me from Rebf to Copaxone. I have 10 unopened syringes left. If you are paying for your Rebif out of pocket, I know this has great value to you. I know they would have to be sent refrigerated (with ice) and I don't know how that is done. But, if you want them, they're yours.

Rick in Michigan
Read more : Do you pay for your Rebif out-of-pocket? | Views : 2804 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Rebif

Needle-less injection, why hasn't this been looked at?

Bioject is a company that has developed needle-less injections for sub-cue and intra-muscular. I have sent emails to Bioject and Biogen asking this very same question with no response. To me this would be a whole lot more convenient for people to give themselves their medication. Then again I am big on common sense.
http://www.bioject.com
Read more : Needle-less injection, why hasn't this been looked at? | Views : 5357 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

Benign MS....or not?

To All,

How do they define benign MS? Where do they draw the line between say not-very-active RRMS and benign. There seems to be as many different definitions as there are web sites. If a person had few exacerbations that were as many as 18 months apart and totally recovered, would that be considered benign? Add an ABC treatment to that...hopefully fewer and/or farther between exacerbations. Go off the ABC to see what happens....I DON'T ...
Read more : Benign MS....or not? | Views : 5093 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

Holiday reads - DaVinci etc

Seems Don Brown has made his fortune with The DaVinci Code and he'll make much more when he sells the film rights. It will make a very good film - if it get the right director and screen-writers.

But I thought it dreadful! One could not feel any empathy with any of the characters; the plot was thin and obvious; the contexts were embarrassingly dumb - we're in Paris so I'll make a reference to ...
Read more : Holiday reads - DaVinci etc | Views : 2536 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Reading Nook

"Chemists to sell Cannabis by 2005"

That was the headline last week in the Costa Blanca News - a weekly for English expats living in SE Spain. Here's the (short) article:

CHEMISTS TO SELL CANNABIS BY 2005

A pilot scheme to allow some chemists in Cataluña to begin selling cannabis for medicinal purposes will be launched at the beginning of next year. Health chiefs have agreed to the scheme saying that if it works it could be extended to other regions ...
Read more : "Chemists to sell Cannabis by 2005" | Views : 1558 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220860 • Total topics 22892 • Total members 14455

Contact us | Terms of Service