It is currently Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:56 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Forum Icons........or whatever

The icons.......or whatever you'd like to call them, that indicate " new forum posts" are no longer coming through orange. They're just showing up like any other, already read ones. I have to go through the forums and look for posting dates to decide if I've read them.

Is this just me & my computer or what.

Treez

P.S. this just happened in the last couple of days!!
Read more : Forum Icons........or whatever | Views : 1932 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Support

Seeking Advice Regarding Second Opinions, HMOs, Etc.

My insurance company is an HMO, and because I am single and self-employed I am essentially locked into it. During the years that my MS wasn't progressing very rapidly, my Neurologist and I got along fine. Over the past year, however, my functioning has declined noticeably. I have been on CRABS consistently for about 6 years, then did 2 months of Tysabri before it was withdrawn. At this point I want to do one of ...
Read more : Seeking Advice Regarding Second Opinions, HMOs, Etc. | Views : 1482 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Light Switch Handle

Wanted to let you know about a great product I found. It is called a light switch handle. It attaches to a regular toggle light switch with no tools.

It has a unique 'S' shaped design that allows you to use it without gripping with your fingers. You can use the side of your hand, elbow, or shoulder to operate it.

You can find more information at www.lightswitchhandle.com ...
Read more : Light Switch Handle | Views : 2543 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Shopping

Rubbish idea!

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I've posted on this website and I certainly don't have the medical knowledge and expertise that some of the regular contributors seem to have. However, like many of us I suppose, I try to read and learn as much as I can about this awful disease so that I can make informed decisions about potential treatments and possible breakthroughs. Sometimes I read two articles and link the ideas ...
Read more : Rubbish idea! | Views : 4465 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Adult Stem Cells from Nose

More encouraging news...

Australia Scientists Grow Adult Stem Cells from Nose

Mar 24 - Reuters - With the help of the Catholic Church, Australian researchers have successfully grown adult stem cells harvested from the human nose, avoiding the ethical and legal problems associated with embryonic stem cells.

Australia bans creating human embryos to harvest stem cells but scientists may use embryos left over from IVF (in-vitro fertility) treatment. Stems cells harvested through other means, such ...
Read more : Adult Stem Cells from Nose | Views : 1326 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

How different is ms from other cns diseases?

Dear all,

I would welcome any views on the following questions:

Many other diseases of the CNS involve cell / nerve death e.g. MND, Parkinsons, Alzheimers. MS when SP or PP is descibed in terms of the slow death of axons (nerve fibres). To what extent do these other diseases involve inflammation / the immune system?

What is the basis for the assumption that ms involves the immune system or is an auto-immune disease?

I ...
Read more : How different is ms from other cns diseases? | Views : 2202 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Review a book on MS and its yours for free

I'd like to advertise the standing offer that the Accelerated Cure Project (formerly Boston Cure Project) has for its book review program. If you agree to review a book for our web site, we'll buy it for you and have it shipped to your address.

We have a list of books we'd like reviewed, but we're happy to take your suggestions as long as the book is MS related. You can review a book that ...
Read more : Review a book on MS and its yours for free | Views : 2208 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Reading Nook

Hello from the sunny Isle of Wight

Yes, it's sunny!!!

Great site BTW

:wink:
Read more : Hello from the sunny Isle of Wight | Views : 1384 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Hi!

Hello to all... I just came upon this web site by pure accident. After years of looking, it's wonderful to find an MS site that is not backed by a drug company in some way or another. Bear with me if I screw things up, as I learn what I'm doing here. It took me forever to figure out how to post this! This site has a good feeling .. I'm glad I found you. ...
Read more : Hi! | Views : 1463 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 224746 • Total topics 23501 • Total members 14893

Contact us | Terms of Service