It is currently Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:40 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Another genetic research project

Another genetic research project to identify the genes involved in various diseases (including MS).

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 40,00.html

Bromley
Read more : Another genetic research project | Views : 5525 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gene Therapy

I have MS

Hi all, I was diagnosed with MS in April. After reading up on the disease I discovered I probably had my first symptom 4 years ago in 2001. Numbness in the finger tips. In 2004 before going o/s and feeling rather stressed I noticed I wasn't exactly walking in a straight line - thought I was tired!. Then in 2005 - hey Bingo! I woke up with Diplopia! Off to the neurologist, MRI and VER. ...
Read more : I have MS | Views : 3636 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Diet

Statin Dosages

Who or what dictates that a certain dosage of a particular statin drug is required to be effective? Before my Dx of MS in 2000 I had been taking Zocor for a 327 cholesterol level (Thank Ben&Jerry's Ice cream for that! Yummy!) but found that my liver couldn't tolerate it. Was switched to Lipitor 10 mg qd and my cholesterol level shot down to 143!! miracle stuff for sure. The reason my doc put me ...
Read more : Statin Dosages | Views : 4851 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Statins

CSF ingredients?

Hi all.

I would like to ask some questions about the CSF. (cerebospinal fluid)

I was wondering what is the normal pH of CSF. I found some studies indicating that altering the CSF pH leads to death of neurons and CNS atrophy! It reminds me of something...

This makes me believe that :

1. Immune system attacks myelin, because it is "spoiled" by some factor that I am not aware of. (Relapse)
2. "Debris" of ...
Read more : CSF ingredients? | Views : 2006 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Evacuating Rita with MS

We left Houston at 6:30 a.m. on Thursday and finally arrived in Boerne, TX (about 200 miles) at 2:00 a.m. Friday morning. We had our family (my husband, me, and 2 teenagers) as well as our two cats in the van and we were pulling our 21-ft trailer behind. It was so hot on Thursday and we were going soooo slow or not at all that we couldn't run the AC. My kids would run ...
Read more : Evacuating Rita with MS | Views : 1250 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Australian research

Read more : Australian research | Views : 1272 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Drug for control over emotions

The approval for a drug for MS sufferers who can't control their emotions has been delayed - not surprising that we can't control our emotions given that the drugs they create are either ineffective, kill, or are subject to delays!

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j395717806&w=464753
Read more : Drug for control over emotions | Views : 1420 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

IL-6 and MS

This one's of particular interest to me since my MS first presented as TM.

Key Protein Linked to Transverse Myelitis and Multiple Sclerosis

September 23, 2005 - Newswise — Hopkins researchers have discovered a single molecule that is a cause of an autoimmune disease in the central nervous system, called transverse myelitis (TM), that is related to multiple sclerosis.

In a study published in the October issue of The Journal of Clinical Investigation, psychiatrist Adam ...
Read more : IL-6 and MS | Views : 2531 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Cannaboids

The following research paper suggests that cannaboids are useful in relation to neuro-degenerative / inflammatory diseases.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j395340532&w=464753

The UK are funding some large scale trials into cannaboids as there is some evidence that they may ahve a neuro-protective effect -

Clinical Trials of cannabinoids as neuroprotective agents in MS
Professor John Zajicek, from the Peninsula Medical School in Plymouth, outlined the reasons for believing that some cannabinoids (chemicals derived ...
Read more : Cannaboids | Views : 2119 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

New non FDA approved drugs... Chlorella and Spirulina

Does anyone know anything about these two drugs? I have a friend who has MS and I want to recommend these pills because they sound great but I'm cautious because he is on medication for his MS already. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this matter. Thank you for your time
Read more : New non FDA approved drugs... Chlorella and Spirulina | Views : 1398 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227066 • Total topics 23943 • Total members 15228

Contact us | Terms of Service