It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:45 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

The Truth About the Drug Companies

The Truth About the Drug Companies
By Marcia Angell

How informative!!

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/17244
Read more : The Truth About the Drug Companies | Views : 1304 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

abc's

was just curious, if people could tell me how long they have been doing the abc's, like is this a definate that i will be doing for the rest of my life, or is it just for a few years then you have to stop? thank you
Read more : abc's | Views : 1654 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

a little help

hello all, i started avonex 2 weeks ago, and just wanted to let you in on my experience yesterday, in hope that it could offer help to others? i had looked at this board before taking my first shot, and had seen a few say they do not sleep on the night of their shot, and i thought it was because side affects were so bad, well here was my experience, my first shot i ...
Read more : a little help | Views : 1922 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Avonex

Thank you, Art!

Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for filling me in on George Peabody's web site. He is undoubtedly one of the nicest men I have ever met, and he has managed to put me in touch with other parents of teens with MS, so with your help, I finally found what I was looking for!

Thanks again!

Kim
Read more : Thank you, Art! | Views : 1313 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

NEW ONE: FUNGUS CAUSE OF MS??

Hi, folks.

Here's something new I ran across that I thought I'd post for discussion. I knew about the virus, allergy, toxin, infectious agent, etc. theories for the cause of MS, but this one was even knew for me!

(Believe me, I'm not saying I hold an opinion that this is valid at all, just thought it might make an interesting topic for discussion and to see if anyone else had heard of this particular ...
Read more : NEW ONE: FUNGUS CAUSE OF MS?? | Views : 5069 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

Free Video: No "Catch," No Strings

On Jan. 30, 2004, ABC News 20/20 ran a 23-minute feature narrated by Barbara Walters concerning Richard Cohen, a writer for The Washington Post who has MS. The show included depictions of Cohen's professional and family life, and interviews with him and his wife, Meredith Vieira, a TV personality.

Of all the TV depictions I've seen about MS, this one is far and away at the top of my list. While the Cohen-Vieira family is ...
Read more : Free Video: No "Catch," No Strings | Views : 1163 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Handicap Parking

Okay, this is going to sound a bit hostile, but why on earth does every old, and not so old, person that can walk have a handicap parking permit? I am 56 years old with PPMS. I use a cane and have an AFO. When I park in handicap parking, with a valid permit, it never fails that some old person give me the evil eye...until they see me get out of the car. I ...
Read more : Handicap Parking | Views : 2293 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Long-Term Care Insurance

Though I am still ambulatory, I do have PPMS and cannot ignore what the future might hold. I have done an exhaustive search, on my own and with a Long-Term Care Insurance Agent, and cannot find LTC insurance for people with MS. Has anyone been able to locate a company that offers what is called "high risk" LTC insurance?

I have contacted the NMSS. The two people I spoke with had no idea what I ...
Read more : Long-Term Care Insurance | Views : 2249 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

More info on origins of website

8O
I recently discovered this site, and I'm curious to know: where are you based out of? how did this come about? who's responsible for the site?

I'm curious, because up until now my sole resource of info was nmss.org and now I'm not so sure I should visit that site anymore...
Read more : More info on origins of website | Views : 3595 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Suggestions

Taking a break from LDN

I have been taking LDN for almost 4 months without a break.

Can someone advise on the effects of stopping LDN for a short term.

There seems to be mixed opinions on dependancy and effect after continous usage. Has anyone got any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Arfie 33 RRMS Aug03
Read more : Taking a break from LDN | Views : 2175 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220310 • Total topics 22802 • Total members 14389

Contact us | Terms of Service