It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:38 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Fight Age and Disease from Your Kitchen

Fight Age and Disease from Your Kitchen

By Alan R. Gaby, MD

Healthnotes Newswire (September 16, 2004)—A group of chemical compounds that form during cooking are believed to accelerate the aging process and to contribute to heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and the organ damage caused by diabetes and kidney disease. Now, researchers at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine have measured the concentration of these toxic compounds in 250 commonly consumed foods and published their ...
Read more : Fight Age and Disease from Your Kitchen | Views : 2503 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Diet

MotherJones Interviews Marcia Angell

MotherJones Interviews Marcia Angell author of "The Truth About Drug Companies"..

http://www.motherjones.com/news/qa/2004/09/09_401.html
Read more : MotherJones Interviews Marcia Angell | Views : 1638 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Conferences

Dear all,

An MS conference is taking place in Europe this week. The website address which provides details is given below (I had trouble pasting the shortcut). There are lots of presentations on research and updates on trials. Two members of the Boston Cure Project are attending and I would imagine that they will update their website with any important news from the conference.

http://www.akm.ch/ectrims2004/

The UK MS Society ...
Read more : MS Conferences | Views : 4046 | Replies : 20 | Forum : General Discussion

Neuron Image

The below image is a nerve cell (Neuron), As so many terms are often used in our discussions, I decided to draw this image and I thought perhaps by being able to see this it would help in understanding Myelin damage.

I did not focus on perfect dimensions as the image is for example and not schematic exactness.

As we all know , once the Myelin damage occurs, then the signals are corrupted and those ...
Read more : Neuron Image | Views : 1631 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

1000 members and counting!

We've hit a thousand registered members today-- just about 11 months after we "opened our doors"! Thank you for your amazing participation!

This is the message we put up for the front page of the site; I'll repost it here....

To our dear visitors and members of the community: We are incredibly happy to announce that today we have reached a very important milestone: the 1000 member mark! In less than one year, This is ...
Read more : 1000 members and counting! | Views : 1822 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Milestone

I realize this isn't a support issue..............it's better!

This site has reached a milestone. 1000 registered users! as of today, Oct. 5.

Just wish more of them were "regulars", seems there is maybe 20 of us who do 95% of the forum posts.

Many thanks to all the regulars who help us all!

Registered users who don't participate much.........would like to hear from you more, your input is also important. Every user here can learn ...
Read more : Milestone | Views : 2482 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Support

What's an Enhancing Lesion (in English Please)

Wow...

This has been harder to figure out that I thought it was. I thought Google + the words Enhancing Lesion would lead me to the right answer... but I just got more confuzzled. There's this stuff about enhancing that appears to be some sort of MRI contrast fluid also.... and a lot of it was in Medspeak...

My neuro said he didn't like the MRIs I brought him and they would have to be ...
Read more : What's an Enhancing Lesion (in English Please) | Views : 9880 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Also Trying Antibiotics

I too have also decided to give antibiotics a try. I actually made my decision over a month ago, but could not find a cooperative doctor until recently. He wanted to test me for CPN but before we could do the test I came down with a bad urinary tract infection. Which is probably a good thing, since apparently you can test negative for CPN and still have an infection in the cns, and this ...
Read more : Also Trying Antibiotics | Views : 4829 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Regimens

Another antibiotic tryout

Hi there all

After doing as much research as I could I decided that the arguments for trying an antibiotic regime were persuasive enough for me to try.

Consequently I met Dr Wheldon (Incidentally he's a very nice chap!). Armed with a prescription I started 200 mg / day doxycycline on Saturday (02/10). I haven't started the roxy yet as that had to be ordered.

I can't report any results yet as it's too early ...
Read more : Another antibiotic tryout | Views : 7028 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Regimens

Antibiotics as a treatment in the UK.

To anyone thinking about trying the antibiotic treatment who lives in the UK.

It would probably be worth contacting your GP in the first instance, giving him/her David Wheldon's papers to peruse, unless you felt you have a very forward thinking neurologist, of course! If that fails, Dr. David Wheldon is a consultant microbiologist and does not charge for a private consultation, since his primary concern is to get people better. He can sometimes manage ...
Read more : Antibiotics as a treatment in the UK. | Views : 2681 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 244657 • Total topics 26874 • Total members 17935

Contact us | Terms of Service