It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:33 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Antegren

Was on news. Biogen/Idec is filing with FDA early for approval of Antegren.
Bill
Read more : Antegren | Views : 3168 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

New Estriol Information

The following information on Estriol treament was generously contributed by Shayk. It is through the active participation of our members that we bring value to the community, so please send Shayk some warm thoughts. This information has been added to the Encyclopedia entry on Estriol (look here: http://www.thisisms.com/encyclopedia-5.html), which is shaping up as a promising possible therapy for MS:

Subramanian, S, et al,
"Oral Feeding with Ethinyl Estradiol Suppresses ...
Read more : New Estriol Information | Views : 12290 | Replies : 45 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Patient Registry

How many here are members of the Registry? I've read that there are more than 20,000 enrolled. That's pretty impressive. I joined shortly after being diagnosed in 2000.

The reason that I ask is that I just got the latest issue of the MSQR newsletter. So it just got me to thinking :)

For those who are not familiar with the registry, here's a link to the ...
Read more : MS Patient Registry | Views : 3203 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

I did it - sort of!

Well, I did pull out my TotalGym machine yesterday and started with arm weights. That went OK - I can feel the muscles today!

But when I tried the leg exercises, which meant that I had to lie down, I got so woozy and dizzy and started feeling nauseous almost immediately. And the yucky feeling lasted almost all afternoon - boy, was I grumpy after that!!

Guess I'll have to find another way to work ...
Read more : I did it - sort of! | Views : 20386 | Replies : 35 | Forum : Exercise and Physical Therapy

Refill ordered

Okay. I put in for a re-fill yesterday. I get my meds by mail. So, hopefully, when I open the box it will be the pre-filled variety.

I'll post my results :)

Cheers,

Niko
Read more : Refill ordered | Views : 3376 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Betaseron

LDN effects on the heart

Hi all,

I've heard from a friend who asked her neuro about starting the LDN treatment the LDN can be hard on the heart. Haven't read this anywhere else, but then I haven't done an in-depth search.

Anyone else out there have more details on this?
Read more : LDN effects on the heart | Views : 5283 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

What do you think?

I posted on the introduction thread but was wondering if anyone could give me advice....Back in Aug '03 I was driving home from work and my left side of my face went novacaine numb. By the time I got home, it was going down my left arm my left side of the mouth was drooping and my right eye spazing! Went to ER and they said "oh you're having a panic attack, here's some zanax ...
Read more : What do you think? | Views : 3250 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Disney and Segway scooters

I just came across a news story just posted this morning on CNN.com

"Disney turns away visitors on Segways"

Apparently, Disney does not allow Segway scooters. Four wheels are okay (wheelchairs), but not the two-wheeled scooters. MSers were mentioned in the story.

Here's a direct link to the story:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/02/0 ... index.html

Cheers 8)

Niko
Read more : Disney and Segway scooters | Views : 2438 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

new user

very nice site. just now looking everything over and trying to figure it out.
came from montels spotlight health site.
see you all again soon.
tamm
Read more : new user | Views : 2444 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Support

LDN & Avonex

Just thought I would share...I went to the LDN website and found a link to contact the website editor.

I emailed him/her "Is it ok to take Avonex & LDN?"
They emailed me back, replying..
Yes. Although many people with MS proceed to get off the Avonex after
they see substantial stabilization (or symptom improvement) on the LDN.
Theoretically, the two drugs tend to act at cross purposes -- the former
tending to suppress the ...
Read more : LDN & Avonex | Views : 4258 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242176 • Total topics 26534 • Total members 17713

Contact us | Terms of Service