It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:18 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Less lesions, still unsteady

Hi all, I've been feeling less steady on my feet, so I went to my neuro, had a brain MRI and it showed no new lesions and that some of the lesions were actually shrinking. I've been on Avonex for 2 years. Can symptoms appear without lesion activity? Or are the lesions likely to be down my spine?
Read more : Less lesions, still unsteady | Views : 2455 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN and pain relief

Hello, this is my first post. I have read many positive results with LDN for MS, but the one thing that is holding me back is how to get needed pain relief such as with a surgery or injury. I just had rotator cuff surgery and have had to take a narcotic (oxycodone) for pain relief, don't know how I would have stood it without this pain medication. My question is; If you are taking ...
Read more : LDN and pain relief | Views : 2717 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

A question about Prednisone for the women

I feel kinda silly asking this, but anyways...I've been on Prednisone for about a month now and my period is a little over a week late. Could this be an effect of the Prednisone?
Read more : A question about Prednisone for the women | Views : 2330 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

So very tired all the time

I'm a 48-year old self-employed husband and father of 2 young boys. I feel so very weak... so very tired all the time... so pitifully short of what I want to be. Because of this fatigue sometimes I feel I should no longer be driving. Provigil might help some, but it certainly does not bring me back into the normal range. Caffeine does not awaken me enough, either. I'm discouraged wondering if this will pass ...
Read more : So very tired all the time | Views : 3149 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN and sleeplessness

I have been on 4.5mg of LDN since June 3rd. Before beginning LDN, I slept eight to nine hours a night. Now, I sleep approximately six hours a night. Once I awaken, I can't go back to sleep. I'm not really any more tired than I was with eight to nine hours of sleep. I am just curious if anyone else has experienced a shorter sleeping pattern once they started LDN.
Read more : LDN and sleeplessness | Views : 2884 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Darvoset

okay, y'all--
telll me what it is re this latest rx from my neuro, that the printed lit . doesn't. love, caroline
Read more : Darvoset | Views : 2557 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Avonex

Recommend a neurologist?

Are doctors' names appropriate to post in a forum? If not, perhaps responders could send me PM instead.

I live in "the boonies" where my neuro is certainly adequate but not "cutting-edge." For peace of mind, I'd like to seek alternate opinions about my MS and my therapy. I have numerous opportunities to travel to Seattle, Salt Lake City, and Denver for business purposes. Can those of you who live in those areas recommend an ...
Read more : Recommend a neurologist? | Views : 2305 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Copaxone/Avonex combo

hi everyone. i am brand new to this site & was wondering if anyone was on both copaxone & avonex? i have been on both for over 5 years now.
Read more : Copaxone/Avonex combo | Views : 2140 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

New Guy

Hello. I am new to this website and anxious to meet everyone. I have had MS for about 8 years now and am still mobile ( but it ain't pretty!) I do fall alot and have trouble with my gait, but I'm thankful for what I do have and what I can still do. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and hope to get to know you all.
Read more : New Guy | Views : 2120 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Biogen/Elan delay release of Phase III Antegren data

BIOGEN IDEC, ELAN TO DELAY RELEASE OF PHASE III ANTEGREN DATA UNTIL RECEIPT OF APPROVAL FROM FDA

This is probably not a major development. They are still on course to get it approved at the end of the year in the US. The article does mention that there is speculation that this might be a sign that an antegren/avonex combination study is not yielding desired results.

http://www.pharmexec.com/pharmexec/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=115017

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 243611 • Total topics 26791 • Total members 17877

Contact us | Terms of Service