It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:55 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Burned out on MS meds

PAST MS TREATMENT
Avonex: weekly IM injection
Discont'd after about 3months due to side effects

Copaxone : daily subQ injection
Also discont'd (on 05/18/04) after about 3 months, due to side effects.

CURRENT MS TREATMENT
No MS meds since that last Copaxone shot 5 months ago.

I'm no longer takinganything for MS, nor am I likely to try anything new in the foreseeable future. My course of MS seems pretty stable to me so ...
Read more : Burned out on MS meds | Views : 4019 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Regimens

Hiya!

Good something ... (here in Italy is almost evening... LOL)
I am Sandro from Vercelli, Italy, I am a "person with MS" since 1997... uhm... to be honest I was diagnosed in 1997, perhaps MS in me was older... I've got a zillion of things to ask you but I guess it'll be better to know better this fantastic site before to start "chatting", right? ;)
Sorry ...
Read more : Hiya! | Views : 2261 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Antegren/Tysabri approved!

Woohoo!!!

FDA Grants Accelerated Approval of TYSABRI, Formerly ANTEGREN, For the Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis

Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) and Elan Corporation, plc (NYSE: ELN) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved TYSABRI(R) (natalizumab), formerly referred to as ANTEGREN(R), as treatment for relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS) to reduce the frequency of clinical relapses. FDA granted Accelerated Approval for TYSABRI following Priority Review based on one-year data from two ...
Read more : Antegren/Tysabri approved! | Views : 22164 | Replies : 120 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

I am on Novatrone

So far so good for me......I have had my first novatrone treatment back in September of this year. I was quite sick for 10 days but then I've doing awsome. In May I was upgraded to worsening r/r due to my mri lighting up like a xmas tree :cry: I was on Betaseron but was having too many strong attacks too often. Since the ...
Read more : I am on Novatrone | Views : 6947 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Novantrone

Hi from Ontario, Canada

:lol: A friend of mine just emailed me this site but I had found it a while ago and never posted till now :oops: I am Share. Dx April 2001....tried Betaseron for a year in 2003 but it didnt work for me my attacks will still coming on strong and getting worse. I am on Novatrone now and I ...
Read more : Hi from Ontario, Canada | Views : 2254 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Brain shrinkage

Dear all,

Article from BBC website (my pet subject and worst nightmare relating to MS is the brain atrophy issue). Is it MS that causes brain shrinkage or the pain with MS? Over to you OddDuck.

PS If anyone out there wants to swap arthritis / Crohns disease or a combination for my MS I'd be happy to oblige. I can cope with pain - it's the brain thing that does my head in (literally) ...
Read more : Brain shrinkage | Views : 1804 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

David Perlmutter's "Letter to Doctors and Patients"

From David Perlmutter's "letter for Doctors and Patients" from Nov. 2003, but still very relevant.

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a fairly common and generally progressive disease of the central nervous system with a prevalence in the United States of approximately 350,000 cases annually. Although the onset of MS typically occurs between the ages of 10-59 years, onset as early as 2 years of age has been described. Annual expenditures for the treatment of this disease ...
Read more : David Perlmutter's "Letter to Doctors and Patients" | Views : 5598 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Antibiotics

Does LDN slow lesion growth

I have recently been reading about low dose naltrexone (LDN) and was wondering if it slows brain lesion growth.
I was diagnosed in 1998 with MS and have been taking copaxone ever since. Motor function and balance are not a problem but my neurologist is concerned about a new lesion that showed up on my latest MRI. My neuro recommends Rebif but I'm concerned about the side affects, such as liver problems. If anyone has ...
Read more : Does LDN slow lesion growth | Views : 2862 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Australian scientists re-grow cut cord

Not MS but found this article interesting.

http://healthorbit.ca/newsdetail.asp?op ... =142081104

Australian scientists re-grow cut cord

8 November 2004 -- In a world first, Australian researchers have discovered a mechanism for greatly enhancing regrowth of spinal cord nerves after they are damaged, restoring the ability to walk in mice within weeks of a spinal cord injury.

The University of Melbourne research team, led by Dr Ann Turnley at the Centre ...
Read more : Australian scientists re-grow cut cord | Views : 1937 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

MS AND COGNITION

In reference to previous discussion(s) in another thread regarding MS and cognition, I mentioned my own experience with cognitive decline (and the fact that it has now been totally reversed).

By happenstance, I ran across this abstract that mirrors my own experience and description of it! I found that rather serendipitous!

This may or may not be reassuring to you. Hopefully, it will be reassuring.

Any questions or comments, fire away, folks!! ...
Read more : MS AND COGNITION | Views : 3272 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 245547 • Total topics 27026 • Total members 18053

Contact us | Terms of Service