It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:51 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

minocycline, rafampicin, flagyl

My first attack started with vision problems. I described it then as "a snowstorm in my field of vision. Then right arm felt weird.unco-ordinated,
parentheses. right leg dragged, bell's palsey, extreme stress, panic attacks,dizzyness,optic neuritis in left eye. The year 1984..I was 28 yr old with 2 small children. Diagnosis possible ms.

1997 another flair..right leg limp/drag, dizzy/vertigo, sleep apnea, vision blurry, muscle/joint pain Diagnosis SPms
gradually gait has worsened to the point needing a ...
Read more : minocycline, rafampicin, flagyl | Views : 10174 | Replies : 25 | Forum : Regimens

Flu Jab

Just wondering how many of us MSer's have had the anti flu jab and for how long? :?:

The reasons being is that I first started having the flu jab about 11years ago and have had the jab every year through work. I was diagnosed with PPMS in 1995 and I've only just found out that in most of these flu jabs there is a preservative and ...
Read more : Flu Jab | Views : 2044 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

BioMS Medical

Some encouraging news from Canada.

BioMS Medical Provides Multiple Sclerosis Trial Update
Tuesday October 26, 7:00 am ET

- Dr. Mark Freedman announced as Lead Investigator -
TSX: MS
EDMONTON, Oct. 26 /CNW/ - BioMS Medical Corp (TSX: MS - News), a leading developer in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS), is pleased to announce Dr. Mark Freedman, Professor of Neurology at the University of Ottawa and Director of the Multiple Sclerosis Research Clinic at ...
Read more : BioMS Medical | Views : 1920 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

What to do...?

Hello everyone. My husband has been taking LDN 3.0mg for the past three months. I will admit that he hasn't been overly faithful about taking it every night and he doesn't always take it at the same time. He works from 5pm until 3am and doesn't like to take it until he comes home for bed which can be anywhere from 3:05am until 6:00am. I KNOW that he isn't taking it correctly and therefore not ...
Read more : What to do...? | Views : 2848 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Blood Brain Barrier

Dear all,

Many articles I read make reference to the Blood Brain Barrier. Could somewhere explain (in simple speak) what this is and where it is? I assumed there was blood in the brain.

Another question - does anyone know what changes ms from relapsing remitting to secondary progressive? How does one know when the change has taken place? Does secondary progressive equate to primary progressive (but the sufferers of the latter by-pass the RR ...
Read more : Blood Brain Barrier | Views : 2536 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Ethical question

Dear all,

This one is probably more relevant to UK sufferers as the UK do not prescribe CRAB drugs until after a second attack.

Here's my issue - I have had one attack in March of this year and diagnosed as having MS (MRI scan showed scars in brain and spinal cord) in May. I have not had another attack. Current thinking is that it is important to prevent attacks / damage as soon as ...
Read more : Ethical question | Views : 3158 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

A novel with some relevance

So here's a novel that might appeal to members of This is MS: John le Carré, The Constant Gardener. Amazon has a snappy review:
British diplomat Justin Quayle, complacent raiser of freesias and doting husband of the stunning, much younger Tessa, has tended his own garden in Nairobi too long. Tessa is Justin's opposite, a fiery reformer, "that rarest thing, a lawyer who believes in justice," whose campaigns have earned her a nickname: "the Princess Diana ...
Read more : A novel with some relevance | Views : 3065 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Reading Nook

Caregiver

My wife has MS dxed '91 RR changed to SP in"99. I am a massage thearapist who works mostly on people with particular problems. She was on betaserone when it first came out for 3 years and none of the MS drugs since.

We moved to AZ three years ago to escape the heat of TX. My wife just started LDN this week. We have taken a alternative approach since '94.
Everybody we know cannot ...
Read more : Caregiver | Views : 1934 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 245055 • Total topics 26951 • Total members 17977

Contact us | Terms of Service