It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:11 pm

News News of Regimens

Site map of Regimens » Forum : Regimens

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.

How many DX w/ MS are on the antibiotics regimens

Hello Folks.

I'm new to this board and am looking forward to getting started on the antibiotics regimen but first I need to finish up a few things w/ a drug study for Rituxan that I'm involved in @ Vandy.

So I have a couple weeks before that is over with and thought I'd try to do a little survey to see how many of us DX w/ MS and what type of MS - ...
Read more : How many DX w/ MS are on the antibiotics regimens | Views : 2644 | Replies : 7

My Adventures in MS

Dear LifeontheIce

I just found a message for you answering your question a month ago. I believe I have sasid a few times that I am rether inept on the computer and I really had to laugh at that - I sent it to myself! I very much appreciated your inquiry and apologize for the late response.

The question was about my acquisition of my antibiotics.

My husband is a pediatrician and my regular doctor ...
Read more : My Adventures in MS | Views : 2872 | Replies : 10

My Adventures in MS

MY adventures! I am certainly not alone. This amzing group has life at its worst and best. With such a gathering of minds perhaps I can get a sounding for a dilemma which will just color things up a bit.

In Feb 05 I quit my cholesterol-lowering drug because my liver functions were so high. For a month I was off Rifampin and Doxy and Flagyl, then started again when they went down. Last month ...
Read more : My Adventures in MS | Views : 3068 | Replies : 3

Always an Anecdote

I started writing here in:

"Treating for Chlamydia Pneumoniae - a possible cause of MS"
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-1992.html#1992

Then changed to:

"Anecdote's Personal Treatment Regime"
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-600-0.html

Then started this new post:

An overdue update, whilst still waiting for my next MRI scan. I am starting a completely new posting because I seem to spend much of my time directing people to the following information, which can now be found in a separate posting in the Antibiotics section: ...
Read more : Always an Anecdote | Views : 25257 | Replies : 89

My adventures in MS

Hot! I think it is not just the weather though the heat index is over 100 degrees F. I was born in Indiana and grew up in west Texas but day 2 of Flagyl and I am not perspiring, I am sweating! I too have a low body temperature and have been cold all my life. Even in NC where people wear SHORTS in Oct I have on a T- shirt. a turtleneck and a ...
Read more : My adventures in MS | Views : 3968 | Replies : 5

Yoga

I know we all have varying levels of ability, MS or not. But I'm here to tell you. Try yoga. Find a DVD that you like and you can do at home if you're not up for a class.

Personally, I always resist yoga because it seems so "inactive." But I've been feeling so tight and tired lately and this morning, just threw on my beginner yoga DVD. After two 20-minute sessions, I'm relaxed and ...
Read more : Yoga | Views : 3598 | Replies : 8

Katman: My adventures in MS

It was suggested by one of our reknowned elders that I record my adventures here. I was reluctant at first because I am very much a newcomer here but then realized that we all have something different to offer For the last few days, I have wandered around and tasted some of the various flavors. I think I like them all.

One of my favorite things in life is to make waves. Now that I ...
Read more : Katman: My adventures in MS | Views : 2654 | Replies : 5

Better Brain Regimen

A few posts here have mentioned the regimen for MS in The Better Brain Book by Perlmutter.

I recently bought the book. I think its a useful reference. In addition to a discussion of key risks/impacts on brain function and how to minimize, it had a good “glossary” explaining the purpose of several key supplements.

The book has sections on specific brain disorders, including MS (others are stroke, vascular dementia, alzheimers, parkinsons, and ALS).

The ...
Read more : Better Brain Regimen | Views : 1917 | Replies : 1

Starvation

When I was first diagnosed about 2 years ago, like anyone, I tried to find out all I could. One article I came across was a study done with mice or some other lab animal, wherein the researchers found that if the test animals were not given any food for two (or maybe it was three days) their MS like symptoms decreased dramatically. This was confirmed, verified ect.. through diseection. (forgive me animal lovers). Has ...
Read more : Starvation | Views : 2139 | Replies : 2

steroid therapy

Anyone ou there, I need advice on steroid therapy. My Neurologist suggested it. I have had MS for 7 years. Did ok, had a baby and went downhill. I am doing all the right things/ drugs/exercise/alternativesupplements/massage/ good attitude.... yada yada but to know avail. I am 35 -using a cane and unable to venture two steps off and on throughout the day. I have not done steroids since my first attack which had left me ...
Read more : steroid therapy | Views : 2877 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220762 • Total topics 22871 • Total members 14444

Contact us | Terms of Service