It is currently Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:36 pm

News News of Stem Cells

Site map of Stem Cells » Forum : Stem Cells

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.

MSCs

Read more : MSCs | Views : 1668 | Replies : 2

Hearts

Not MS, but there are so many bone-marrow stem cell treatments in trial (by bona fide clinics) that the turn of MS is coming (there are trials planned / possibly underway in the UK for MS).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6226054.stm
Read more : Hearts | Views : 1357 | Replies : 0

Spinal Cord

A company called Geron is getting ready to submit an IND (investingastional, (sp) new drug)in the 4th quarter of '07. This will be the first use of embryonic stem cells in humans. Mice and rats are already walking. How will this effect us? Neurons are being formed and remyelination has occured in animal testing.

To much for me to type, But hope for a cure is getting closer.

If I read correctly, it's not that ...
Read more : Spinal Cord | Views : 1546 | Replies : 0

I like monkeys

I like monkeys, but this research looks very interesting and it gives the poor old mice a day off.

Ian

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6742163.stm
Read more : I like monkeys | Views : 2065 | Replies : 4

Stem cells from skin cells in mice

Just came across this on the yahoo! website. very encouraging even though there are a few big "ifs" still.

By MALCOLM RITTER, AP Science Writer

NEW YORK - In a leap forward for stem cell research, three independent teams of scientists reported Wednesday that they have produced the equivalent of embryonic stem cells in mice without the controversial destruction of embryos.

They got ordinary skin cells to behave like stem cells. If the same could ...
Read more : Stem cells from skin cells in mice | Views : 1436 | Replies : 0

California

They now have the go ahead from the courts, after two years of being held up, to proceed in distributing money for research with stem cells. The Supreme Court chose not to hear the case making it void. This is a huge step and I can only hope other states now follow.

Pete
Read more : California | Views : 1433 | Replies : 0

Professor Scolding

Dear all,

Professor Neil Scolding is one of the UK's leading lights in stem cell research for MS (using an individual's own stem cells). There was some talk about him starting some early trials this year and he is being funded by the UK MS Society in this area. Here is an article about his work:

Stem cell treatment may ease MS suffering

Irish Times - May. 01, 2007

The suffering of multiple sclerosis ...
Read more : Professor Scolding | Views : 1939 | Replies : 1

Optimistic view of HSCT

Some of the problems associated with HSCT, (such as not staying alive), appear to be getting sorted;

tinyURL

Dom.
Read more : Optimistic view of HSCT | Views : 1560 | Replies : 0

Stem cells without mice

Public release date: 19-Mar-2007

chanj@usc.edu
323-442-2830
University of Southern California
Scientists unlock mystery of embryonic stem cell signaling pathway
USC researchers discover small molecule that may allow for growth of human stem cells without threat of contamination from mouse feeder cells

Los Angeles, Mar. 19, 2007 - A newly discovered small molecule ...
Read more : Stem cells without mice | Views : 1405 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227104 • Total topics 23948 • Total members 15272

Contact us | Terms of Service