It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:06 pm

News News of Stem Cells

Site map of Stem Cells » Forum : Stem Cells

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.

UK stem cell early trial for MS

Dear all,

One of the UK's leading lights looking at stem cell therapies for MS is Professor Neil Scolding who is based in Bristol, England. He has been doing work for a number of years and is being funded by the UK MS Society. It now looks as if the first human trial using bone-marrowed derived stem cells has started at Bristol. It is early days, but this is a bona fide trial - not ...
Read more : UK stem cell early trial for MS | Views : 2488 | Replies : 5

neurons from embryonic stem cells

Another good step in the process of figuring out stem cells:

Functioning Neurons From Human Embryonic Stem Cells Produced

10 August 2007 -- Scientists with the Institute of Stem Cell Biology and Medicine at UCLA were able to produce from human embryonic stem cells a highly pure, large quantity of functioning neurons that will allow them to create models of and study diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis, prefrontal dementia and schizophrenia, etc.

Researchers ...
Read more : neurons from embryonic stem cells | Views : 1303 | Replies : 0

Mesenchymal stem cell trial results

I didn't think the first clinical trial results on mesenchymal stem cell therapy would come from Iran, but I'm glad they are pushing MS research along.

Does mesenchymal stem cell therapy help multiple sclerosis patients? Report of a pilot study.

Iran J Immunol. 2007 Mar;4(1):50-7.
Mohyeddin Bonab M, Yazdanbakhsh S, Lotfi J, Alimoghaddom K, Talebian F, Hooshmand F, Ghavamzadeh A, Nikbin B.
Hematology-Oncology & BMT Research Center, Tehran, Iran.

BACKGROUND: Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) with ...
Read more : Mesenchymal stem cell trial results | Views : 1579 | Replies : 0

Israel Center for MS treatment

Hi I've been hearing that a lot of people with MS have been having treatment in Israel (the same as the one they were having in Holland but with more success). Does anyone have any information about this? (experience, phone numbers, web address, etc)
Read more : Israel Center for MS treatment | Views : 1967 | Replies : 0

Stem Cell Control

An interesting finding...

McMaster claims stem-cell breakthrough

Discovery important to cancer research, repairing damaged organs
Jul 11, 2007 01:15 PM
Joseph Hall
Staff Reporter

A landmark discovery by researchers at McMaster University could radically alter the way scientists can use embryonic stem cells to grow replacement tissues and treat cancer.

In a surprise revelation, a McMaster study found that human embryonic stem cells – “the great grandmothers” of all the other cells in our ...
Read more : Stem Cell Control | Views : 1255 | Replies : 0

Read more : MSCs | Views : 1682 | Replies : 2

Not MS, but there are so many bone-marrow stem cell treatments in trial (by bona fide clinics) that the turn of MS is coming (there are trials planned / possibly underway in the UK for MS).
Read more : Hearts | Views : 1367 | Replies : 0

Spinal Cord

A company called Geron is getting ready to submit an IND (investingastional, (sp) new drug)in the 4th quarter of '07. This will be the first use of embryonic stem cells in humans. Mice and rats are already walking. How will this effect us? Neurons are being formed and remyelination has occured in animal testing.

To much for me to type, But hope for a cure is getting closer.

If I read correctly, it's not that ...
Read more : Spinal Cord | Views : 1561 | Replies : 0

I like monkeys

I like monkeys, but this research looks very interesting and it gives the poor old mice a day off.

Read more : I like monkeys | Views : 2073 | Replies : 4

Stem cells from skin cells in mice

Just came across this on the yahoo! website. very encouraging even though there are a few big "ifs" still.

By MALCOLM RITTER, AP Science Writer

NEW YORK - In a leap forward for stem cell research, three independent teams of scientists reported Wednesday that they have produced the equivalent of embryonic stem cells in mice without the controversial destruction of embryos.

They got ordinary skin cells to behave like stem cells. If the same could ...
Read more : Stem cells from skin cells in mice | Views : 1457 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228634 • Total topics 24190 • Total members 15483

Contact us | Terms of Service