It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:09 am

News News of Stem Cells

Site map of Stem Cells » Forum : Stem Cells

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.

Stem cell article

MS mentioned at end of article.

According to the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and the Immune Tolerance Network, who are sponsoring one trial, a pilot study found that 18 of 19 MS patients sta-bilised or improved after treatment

I could live with stability and couild definitely live with improvement!

Ian

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j598531394&w=464753
Read more : Stem cell article | Views : 1264 | Replies : 0

Stem cell transplant for PPMS

Seems encouraging but of course nothing concrete yet...

Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for progressive multiple sclerosis: report of efficacy and safety at three yr of follow up in 21 patients.

Ni XS, Ouyang J, Zhu WH, Wang C, Chen B.

Department of Neurology, Shanghai First People's Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China.

To observe the efficacy and toxicity of autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) in progressive multiple sclerosis (PMS). Twenty-one patients with ...
Read more : Stem cell transplant for PPMS | Views : 1511 | Replies : 0

embryonic stem cells

Based on this article, it looks like embryonic stem cell trials in humans could happen at some point next year.

Clinical-use stem cells made in Singapore: Lines designed for safe use in humans make their debut.

July 26, 2006 - Nature - Many early lines of stem cells were made using animal products, leaving some researchers worried.

Four 'safe' embryonic stem-cell lines, which have been made from scratch specifically for clinical use, make their debut ...
Read more : embryonic stem cells | Views : 1396 | Replies : 0

Stem cell transplant for different disease

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j588239398&w=464753

Appears to be similar to the Bone Marrow Transplantion project in Canada being overseen by Dr Freedman.

Ian
Read more : Stem cell transplant for different disease | Views : 1399 | Replies : 0

Bush has done it again!!!

Wow...does this guy ever do anything that I agree with? Ya...nope!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5193998.stm
Read more : Bush has done it again!!! | Views : 1339 | Replies : 0

Stem cell story

Stem cell op helps woman to stand again

A WOMAN confined to a wheelchair for the past five years has told of the miracle moment she stood up after revolutionary stem-cell treatment.
Julia Sandeman, who suffers from multiple sclerosis, paid £13,500 for the make-or-break operation in a Dutch clinic.

After the procedure she regained sensation in her limbs and is now able to balance upright in a therapy pool, sparking fresh hope she will ...
Read more : Stem cell story | Views : 1434 | Replies : 0

Stem Cells Help Paralyzed Rats Walk

Not MS, but who knows.
But as usual, more years of research is needed.

Stem Cells Help Paralyzed Rats Walk

(CBS) WASHINGTON Scientists have used stem cells and a soup of nerve-friendly chemicals to not just bridge a damaged spinal cord but actually regrow the circuitry needed to move a muscle, helping partially paralyzed rats walk.

Years of additional research is needed before such an experiment could be attempted in people.

But the work marks ...
Read more : Stem Cells Help Paralyzed Rats Walk | Views : 1495 | Replies : 1

ACT Diet

Hi does anyone have a list of the diet given out by ACT clinic? My mother has MS and although we still have while to go until we have saved up the funds, she wants to try the diet from now to get prepared. Also if there is any other information they give to you on what you need to do in preparation (ie. Physio, etc). Any info. will be greatly appreciated!
Read more : ACT Diet | Views : 1400 | Replies : 0

Do you take your own supply of stem cells?

Hi at this clinic, do you take your own stem cells or do they provide you with them there? I am currently pregnant and am going to store the umbilical cord blood as my mother has MS and I was wondering if she can use them?
Read more : Do you take your own supply of stem cells? | Views : 1413 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220038 • Total topics 22749 • Total members 14357

Contact us | Terms of Service