It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:51 pm

News News of Stem Cells

Site map of Stem Cells » Forum : Stem Cells

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.

ACT Diet

Hi does anyone have a list of the diet given out by ACT clinic? My mother has MS and although we still have while to go until we have saved up the funds, she wants to try the diet from now to get prepared. Also if there is any other information they give to you on what you need to do in preparation (ie. Physio, etc). Any info. will be greatly appreciated!
Read more : ACT Diet | Views : 1392 | Replies : 0

Do you take your own supply of stem cells?

Hi at this clinic, do you take your own stem cells or do they provide you with them there? I am currently pregnant and am going to store the umbilical cord blood as my mother has MS and I was wondering if she can use them?
Read more : Do you take your own supply of stem cells? | Views : 1397 | Replies : 0

multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells

If proven helpful, I hope that multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells can be administered without requiring the full AHSC transplant procedure.

Adult stem cells in the treatment of autoimmune diseases.

Rheumatology (Oxford). 2006 Jun 15;
van Laar JM, Tyndall A.
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands.

During the past 10 yrs, over 700 patients suffering from severe autoimmune disease (AD) have received an autologous haematopoietic stem cell transplant as treatment of their disorder ...
Read more : multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells | Views : 1271 | Replies : 0

Embryonic stem cell trials coming

Wow, it looks like there are actually going to be trials, and it's to attempt to repair the central nervous system!

First embryonic stem cell trial on the cards

17 June 2006 - NewScientist.com news service - THE first treatment derived from embryonic stem cells might soon undergo clinical trials. The cells would be used to help repair damaged spinal tissue.

One of the main concerns with embryonic stem cell (ESC) treatments has been the ...
Read more : Embryonic stem cell trials coming | Views : 1404 | Replies : 1

Mechanism regulating new cell production discovered

So much stem cell research going on these days...

New stem-cell findings can help the body to cure itself

Researchers at Karolinska Institutet have identified an important mechanism that regulates how many new cells are produced by each intestinal stem cell. The study is published in the latest issue of the prestigious scientific journal Cell.

"This might eventually help us develop new drugs for things like neurological disorders and anaemia," says Professor Jonas Frisén.

In ...
Read more : Mechanism regulating new cell production discovered | Views : 1231 | Replies : 0

Currently going through stem cell transplant

Hello everyone, I am currently in the middle of my stem cell transplant for MS in Ottowa Canada. I currently have a hickman line attached and have been through the first cemo sessions along with the Neupagen shots for my collection. I am currently waiting for my final cemo and the reinsertion of my stem cells which will start in July. My strenghth is almost at my baseline again and I will try to respond ...
Read more : Currently going through stem cell transplant | Views : 1761 | Replies : 2

Adult and embryonic stem cells

More stem cell fun...

Gene may mean adult cells can be reprogrammed

June 14, 2006 - Reuters - A gene named after the mythical Celtic land of the ever young could help explain how to reprogram adult cells into embryonic stem cells to treat diseases, researchers said on Wednesday.

They discovered that the gene called Nanog helped to transform adult mouse cells into embryonic stem cells after cell fusion--when two cells are combined to form ...
Read more : Adult and embryonic stem cells | Views : 1248 | Replies : 0

Skin Stem Cells

I like the idea of being able to use skin cells to generate nerve cells.

Skin Stem Cells Aid Nerve Cells

July 14 - Toronto Star - Researchers are one step closer to repairing nerve cells and treating conditions such as spinal cord injury, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis.

A new study says that stem cells found in adult skin can function after being transplanted into diseased mice.

"This shows that these stem cells found ...
Read more : Skin Stem Cells | Views : 1167 | Replies : 1

Cloning Embryonic Stem Cells

Harvard scientists will try to clone embryos for stem cells

MALCOLM RITTER
Tue Jun 6, 7:04 PM ET

(AP) - Stepping into a research area marked by controversy and fraud, Harvard University scientists said Tuesday they are trying to clone human embryos to create stem cells they hope can be used one day to help conquer a host of diseases.

"We are convinced that work with embryonic stem cells holds enormous promise," said Harvard provost ...
Read more : Cloning Embryonic Stem Cells | Views : 1165 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218633 • Total topics 22526 • Total members 14173