It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:25 am

News News of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Site map of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab) » Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

New data

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j661523026&w=464753

HarryZ - this hasn't been a good week for you relating to Tysabri. If I had your address I'd sent you a bottle of Whisky - you could do with a stiff drink now that it is available in Canada :)
Read more : New data | Views : 2055 | Replies : 1

Tysabri now in Canada.

Health Canada Grants Approval of TYSABRI(TM) (natalizumab) for the Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis Following Priority Review

Wednesday October 4, 8:00 am ET
First New Class of Treatment in Ten Years Shown to Reduce Rate of Relapses by 68%(1)

MISSISSAUGA, Ontario & DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Biogen Idec Canada and Elan Corporation, plc announced today that following a priority review process, Health Canada has granted approval to TYSABRI(TM) (natalizumab) for the treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS).(2) TYSABRI ...
Read more : Tysabri now in Canada. | Views : 2224 | Replies : 3

Tysabri research

http://www.biogenidec.com/site/019_0.ht ... PR_143.htm

I would love to get my hands around the neck of the bastard who dreamt up this disease. As if physical disability wasn't bad enough they had to throw in cognitive problems!

Ian
Read more : Tysabri research | Views : 1872 | Replies : 0

Tysabri and Diabetes

Does anyone know if being a diabetic (either pill and diet modification or diet modification only) will hinder someone from getting Tysabri? I have a friend at a @#$%^&*()^% DR today and I know that DR will probably say you can't take it because of his blood sugar. He has been borderline diabetic for a couple of years and steroids has really pushed it over the edge.
Read more : Tysabri and Diabetes | Views : 2797 | Replies : 4

Biogen deal for PML

from the Boston Globe

Alnylam, Biogen to partner on brain disease treatment
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Inc. of Cambridge said it will collaborate with Biogen Idec Inc. to develop a treatment for a rare brain disease found in three patients taking Biogen Idec's multiple sclerosis drug Tysabri. Alnylam said Biogen Idec, also of Cambridge, would fund research to find a treatment for the disease, progressive multifocal encephalopathy. Alnylam will receive $5 million upfront and could earn up ...
Read more : Biogen deal for PML | Views : 5521 | Replies : 24

TOUCH and the required MRI

Gary is in the VERY SLOW process of getting in the TOUCH program to receive Tysabri. He was required to have a MRI of the brain within the past 6 months. The Neuro nurse stated that the DR would look at the MRI and see if he was a canidate for Tysabri. Other than the obvious PML, what are they looking for?
Read more : TOUCH and the required MRI | Views : 4886 | Replies : 15

Natalizumab benefits

Natalizumab Has Benefits on Disability and Quality of Life in Patients With Relapsing MS: Presented at EFNS
By Chris Berrie

GLASGOW, UK -- September 11, 2006 -- Monotherapy with the alpha4 integrin antagonist natalizumab results in significant improvements in scores on health-related quality of life (QoL) questionnaires in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS), according to results of a substudy from a multicentre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 clinical trial.

The findings were presented here ...
Read more : Natalizumab benefits | Views : 2628 | Replies : 2

2nd infusion redux

I hesitate to tell the list this until I know something more definite but 7 minutes into my 2nd Tysabri infusion on Wednesday I had an anti-phylactic (allergic) reaction. Turned bright red, couldn't breath and felt like the top of my head was going to explode. Also managed to lose my breakfast. The nurse turned off the Tysabri and gave me Benedril and 250 mg of solumedrol. Not fun but all I could think was ...
Read more : 2nd infusion redux | Views : 6942 | Replies : 23

Atlanta

Of interest to MS patients in Atlanta

Ian

TYSABRI NOW BEING ADMINISTERED AT MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS CENTER OF ATLANTA

The Multiple Sclerosis Center of Atlanta (MSCA) has announced it is now administering TYSABRI® (natalizumab), the drug recently re-released by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). TYSABRI, manufactured by Biogen Idec and Elan Corp., treats relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS) to reduce the frequency of clinical relapses. TYSABRI is the first humanized monoclonal antibody ...
Read more : Atlanta | Views : 3117 | Replies : 1

Medicare part B

I have read all posts and have not found the answer to my question. Maybe, somebody here knows.

Medicare part "B" will cover Ty. How much of the 2,8?? will they pay? The infusion center will also charge. Is that covered?

Pete
Read more : Medicare part B | Views : 2292 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241847 • Total topics 26477 • Total members 17647

Contact us | Terms of Service