It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:59 am

News News of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Site map of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab) » Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Ban Harry Z

This is not my idea, but I have received a huge number of PMs asking me to raise this with Arron.

My recent survey of users of this site showed that of the 654 who voted, 86% want Harry Z banned from the thisisms site.

Harry is a menace. I have received a number of e-mails saying that Harry Z holds a substantial amount of stock in Teva, which accounts for his unrelenting attacks on ...
Read more : Ban Harry Z | Views : 2081 | Replies : 5

testing for PML

Hi -

I've been reading through all the newly shared data and opinions on Tysabri and I have a question that maybe someone can answer. Does anyone know how the testing for PML is done? One description I read said they are taking "serial measurements of JC viral load" and I'm wondering just how those measurements are obtained.

Thanks,
Arcee
Read more : testing for PML | Views : 1214 | Replies : 0

TYSABRI® Two-Year Phase III Published in New England Journal

http://www.elan.com/news/print_full.asp?ID=824216

1 March 2006
TYSABRI® Two-Year Phase III Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Trial Results and Safety Evaluation Published in New England Journal of Medicine; TYSABRI Currently Under Review with U.S. and European Regulatory Authorities
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. and DUBLIN, Ireland, Mar 01, 2006 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) and Elan Corporation, plc (NYSE: ELN) announced today that two-year results from the two Phase III clinical trials evaluating TYSABRI(R) (natalizumab) ...
Read more : TYSABRI® Two-Year Phase III Published in New England Journal | Views : 2608 | Replies : 4

EMail to FDA/AC ie TEVA

I found this interesting post today on an messageboard.

" EMail to FDA/AC ie TEVA

by: uvauncduke 02/28/06 - This post has 86 recommendations

Dear Dr. Mosaddeghs:

I understand you represent CDER/FDA in the upcoming Peripheral and Central Nervous System Drugs Advisory Committee meeting regarding the multiple sclerosis drug Tysabri scheduled for March 7th and 8th.

As a physician I have both professional and personal contacts with patients stricken with multiple sclerosis. I greatly ...
Read more : EMail to FDA/AC ie TEVA | Views : 2949 | Replies : 14

New abstracts on Tysabri from AAN meeting

Check it out... lots of tantalizing information here.

http://www.thisisms.com/modules.php?nam ... le&sid=255
Read more : New abstracts on Tysabri from AAN meeting | Views : 1343 | Replies : 1

article from Boston globe about Tysabri

Judge orders Biogen to turn over MRIs in Tysabri case
By Jeffrey Krasner, Globe Staff | February 25, 2006

A Middlesex Superior Court judge yesterday ordered Biogen Idec Inc. to turn over MRI images of Anita Smith, a Colorado woman who died of a rare disease while participating in a clinical trial of Tysabri, the company's multiple sclerosis drug.

Smith's widower, Walter Smith of Colorado Springs, Colo., last year sued the Cambridge biotechnology company and ...
Read more : article from Boston globe about Tysabri | Views : 1309 | Replies : 1

Tysabri article from today's WSJ

Tricky FDA Debate:
Should a Risky Drug
Be Approved Again?

By ANNA WILDE MATHEWS and SYLVIA PAGÁN WESTPHAL
February 24, 2006; Page B1

Next month, Food and Drug Administration advisers will take up one of the most difficult questions the agency ever faces: Should a promising drug that carries a known and deadly side effect still be allowed on the market?

Tysabri was seen as a life-changing drug for the nation's 400,000 multiple-sclerosis patients and ...
Read more : Tysabri article from today's WSJ | Views : 2430 | Replies : 10

Another Tysabri article

Dear all,

Another Tysabri article, but it raises issues that have been discussed before - what sort of patients are enrolled into trials. Of course, the drug makers would prefer those with mild disease / early disease, then they could show that the patients didn't progress / had minimal relapses or inflammatory activity. It's a bit like some of the selective schools in the UK who only take on the brightest kids and then get ...
Read more : Another Tysabri article | Views : 2047 | Replies : 6

Tysabri article

Attached is an article on Tysabri written by a UK consultant neurologist.

The focus of the article is about the risks with fast-tracking therapies.

The author correctly (in my view) points out that EAE is a pretty useless model of MS. He also highlights the need for neuro-protective agents.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j468373541&w=464753

Harry Z - a late Christmas present from me to you
Read more : Tysabri article | Views : 2166 | Replies : 7

TYSABRI(R) Resume Clinical Trial Dosing in MS

http://www.elan.com/News/full.asp?ID=817575

TYSABRI® Multiple Sclerosis Clinical Trial Hold Lifted by FDA; Biogen Idec and Elan to Resume Clinical Trial Dosing in MS
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. and DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 15, 2006--Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) and Elan Corporation, plc. (NYSE: ELN) announced today that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) informed the companies that they have removed the hold on clinical trial dosing of TYSABRI® (natalizumab) in multiple sclerosis (MS) in the ...
Read more : TYSABRI(R) Resume Clinical Trial Dosing in MS | Views : 2570 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221799 • Total topics 23031 • Total members 14552

Contact us | Terms of Service