It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:54 am

News News of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Site map of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab) » Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

TYSABRI® TWO-YEAR MONOTHERAPY DATA

TYSABRI® TWO-YEAR MONOTHERAPY DATA SUPPORT POSITIVE ONE-YEAR EFFICACY FINDINGS AND SHOW SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN RISK OF DISABILITY PROGRESSION
Data Presented at American Academy of Neurology Meeting

Cambridge, MA and Dublin, Ireland - April 12, 2005 -Two-year data from the AFFIRM Phase III monotherapy trial presented today for the first time, showed that treatment with TYSBARI® (natalizumab) led to a significant reduction in disability progression, the rate of clinical relapses and brain lesions in patients with ...
Read more : TYSABRI® TWO-YEAR MONOTHERAPY DATA | Views : 3419 | Replies : 12

Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy(PML) info

Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy(PML) info

New research article for May 2005 release describes full recovery of PML after removal of immune suppression. I think immune monitoring can remove PML cases from occurring.

Am J Transplant. 2005 May,5

Successful outcome of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in a renal transplant patient.

Crowder CD, Gyure KA, Drachenberg CB, Werner J, Morales RE, Hirsch HH, Ramos E.

Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA.

We ...
Read more : Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy(PML) info | Views : 3752 | Replies : 12

Calling all ex-tysabri patients...

I would be curious to know from the MSr's that took Tysabri and saw some benefit from it, how the lack of it has affected you?
Read more : Calling all ex-tysabri patients... | Views : 2286 | Replies : 3

Elan at SG Cowen Annual Healthcare Conference

Elan at SG Cowen Annual Healthcare Conference

March 16, 2005

MANAGEMENT DISCUSSION SECTION

We will get started here. This next session is Elan and I am pretty sure you all know what they are up to. But joining us today, and we were happy his, is CEO Kelly Martin and Head of R&D Lars Ekman, and the way this is going to work is Kelly is going to spend probably about half the session ...
Read more : Elan at SG Cowen Annual Healthcare Conference | Views : 2434 | Replies : 7

Emerging Treatment for PML

I was trying to organize some of my "miscellaneous" information and came across a November 04 BBC article:Antipsychotics treat brain virus, in this case, PML. I think the information is relevant for people who participated in the Tysabri+Avonex trial who may feel they are still at risk for PML. The article says in part:
A US study in Science found the antipsychotic drug clozapine appeared to be most effective at preventing the infection without side-effects..... ...
Read more : Emerging Treatment for PML | Views : 1708 | Replies : 0

Tysabri infusion cost $2317

This is now perhaps not important, but my one Tysabri infusion was finally paid by the insurance company (Blue Cross). The infusion center billed $2319.51 for the whole thing (2259.61 + 3.30 + 6.60 + 50.00) and the insurance company paid $2317.81 (2259.61 + 3.00 + 5.20 + 50.00). Met my yearly out-of-pocket max with just one dose.
Read more : Tysabri infusion cost $2317 | Views : 2846 | Replies : 3

Here come the lawsuits

Well, we all knew this was coming. The class action lawsuits. And so far these are only pertaining to securities on behalf of investors. What the SEC will do is anybody's guess right now, not to mention what Biogen may be facing from negligence, wrongful death and/or personal injury lawsuits. Just fighting these alone will cost Biogen millions, I'm sure.

This first one was interesting to me, of course, because this one includes the "allegations" ...
Read more : Here come the lawsuits | Views : 8711 | Replies : 37

PML timing

The following info about the two PML cases associated with T was recently posted in BrainTalk:

Case 1- The person who died had 37 doses of tysabri along with avonex. The last dose was on jan 15, 2005. On Dec. 4 she experienced right-sided weakness and aphasis, which was initially considered an MS relapse. She had two courses of steroids...one on Dec. 4 and one on Jan 5. Symptoms worsened...hospitalized 12 feb....was non-responsive.....etc..etc..etc..subject died 24th ...
Read more : PML timing | Views : 2169 | Replies : 5

BLOOMBERG ARTICLE

....and speaking of press articles, (weren't we somewhere? :wink: :D ), here is the one that the Bloomberg News did, after speaking with some of us. I believe, though, that they are continuing to follow this story as it all unfolds, and I'm pretty certain we haven't seen nor heard that last from them. (All in all, in ...
Read more : BLOOMBERG ARTICLE | Views : 2345 | Replies : 7

Sunday Tribune - Tysabri article - 6 March 2005

The real Elan tragedy

'My first reaction was panic,' said MS sufferer Wendy Sargent, who was participating in a Tysabri trial. The drug's withdrawal has raised question marks over the future of both the company and those who need it

John Mulligan

6 March, 2005, The Sunday Tribune

TYSABRI changed Wendy Sargent's life.

Before the 30-year-old Toronto native was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in October 2001, she was missing weeks from work, feeling run ...
Read more : Sunday Tribune - Tysabri article - 6 March 2005 | Views : 1723 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220978 • Total topics 22910 • Total members 14475

Contact us | Terms of Service