It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:08 pm

News News of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Site map of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab) » Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

PML timing

The following info about the two PML cases associated with T was recently posted in BrainTalk:

Case 1- The person who died had 37 doses of tysabri along with avonex. The last dose was on jan 15, 2005. On Dec. 4 she experienced right-sided weakness and aphasis, which was initially considered an MS relapse. She had two courses of steroids...one on Dec. 4 and one on Jan 5. Symptoms worsened...hospitalized 12 feb....was non-responsive.....etc..etc..etc..subject died 24th ...
Read more : PML timing | Views : 2179 | Replies : 5

BLOOMBERG ARTICLE

....and speaking of press articles, (weren't we somewhere? :wink: :D ), here is the one that the Bloomberg News did, after speaking with some of us. I believe, though, that they are continuing to follow this story as it all unfolds, and I'm pretty certain we haven't seen nor heard that last from them. (All in all, in ...
Read more : BLOOMBERG ARTICLE | Views : 2352 | Replies : 7

Sunday Tribune - Tysabri article - 6 March 2005

The real Elan tragedy

'My first reaction was panic,' said MS sufferer Wendy Sargent, who was participating in a Tysabri trial. The drug's withdrawal has raised question marks over the future of both the company and those who need it

John Mulligan

6 March, 2005, The Sunday Tribune

TYSABRI changed Wendy Sargent's life.

Before the 30-year-old Toronto native was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in October 2001, she was missing weeks from work, feeling run ...
Read more : Sunday Tribune - Tysabri article - 6 March 2005 | Views : 1734 | Replies : 1

Drug Combinations & Tysabri

I've been reading some other message boards, and there is much discussion regarding all of the other medications that Tysabri clinical trial patients were taking along with Tysabri.

I have ONE question. Why in the world would you run a clinical trial on a medication that you aren't even sure how it works, how well it works, etc. by itself ALONE, and allow so many other drugs to be taken along with it? Especially with ...
Read more : Drug Combinations & Tysabri | Views : 2117 | Replies : 5

Irish Sunday Post / Lars interview

Irish Sunday Post / Lars interview

Tysabri: The inside story

06 March 2005

On February 17, Elan and its partner, Biogen, announced promising results from a two-year trial on their multiple sclerosis (MS) drug, Tysabri.

Within days, they learned of a fatality and a second case of viral symptoms from patients using a combination of Tysabri and Biogen's Avonex drug.

Lars Ekman, head of research and development of Elan, talks about the countdown to ...
Read more : Irish Sunday Post / Lars interview | Views : 2246 | Replies : 8

Avonex Reduces Tysabri Clearance by 30%

Just thought that this was something interesting to ponder. Co-administration of Avonex reduces Tysabri clearance by approximately 1/3rd. As you can see from the FDA label, Biogen/Elan did not think this would be a problem, but they did consider it... So not only may Avonex's immunomodulation combined with Tysabri's be too much, but Avonex's effect on Tysabri ALONE may boost T's immunosuppressive capabilities.

In other words, it's not just A+T we're looking at here, but ...
Read more : Avonex Reduces Tysabri Clearance by 30% | Views : 2396 | Replies : 6

Biogen employee comment

I've been debating with myself whether to post this quote that appeared on another MS forum. The person who posted it stated that it was obtained from the Biogen message board. I have no way of verifying this other than it appears to be legitimate.

I know it is going to instigate responses of various opinions but I hope everyone respects all the opinions expressed.

The original poster was quite upset by the fact that ...
Read more : Biogen employee comment | Views : 2287 | Replies : 6

Tysabri & the Immune System

This is a link to a VERY interesting article about Tysabri and what possibilities can take place when tinkering with the immune system.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... _mz011.htm

Harry
Read more : Tysabri & the Immune System | Views : 8143 | Replies : 42

black-box and dosing limit

Read this in an investor's daily journal today:

Merrill Lynch analyst Eric Ende wrote the most likely outcome is that Tysabri re-enters the market in six months with a single-agent use (i.e., no avonex), a two-year dosing limit and a black-box safety warning.

And further, " In this case, Tysabri sales could be reduced by more than 50%". I'd say probably more like 90% reduction. I personally really wanted to use it, but I doubt ...
Read more : black-box and dosing limit | Views : 1915 | Replies : 3

NMSS WEBCAST RE TYSABRI WITHDRAWAL

The NMSS has just put out a webcast regarding Tysabri that you can listen to.

The panel consists of:

John Richert, MD
Future head of the Society's research and clinical programs efforts, National MS Society

Aaron Miller, MD
Chief Medical Officer
National MS Society

Al Sandrock, MD
Vice President for Medical Research, Biogen IDEC

Go to www.nmss.org and you'll see it on their home page.

I'm listening now myself. ...
Read more : NMSS WEBCAST RE TYSABRI WITHDRAWAL | Views : 1802 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221807 • Total topics 23033 • Total members 14553

Contact us | Terms of Service