It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:36 am

News News of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Site map of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab) » Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Irish Sunday Post / Lars interview

Irish Sunday Post / Lars interview

Tysabri: The inside story

06 March 2005

On February 17, Elan and its partner, Biogen, announced promising results from a two-year trial on their multiple sclerosis (MS) drug, Tysabri.

Within days, they learned of a fatality and a second case of viral symptoms from patients using a combination of Tysabri and Biogen's Avonex drug.

Lars Ekman, head of research and development of Elan, talks about the countdown to ...
Read more : Irish Sunday Post / Lars interview | Views : 2235 | Replies : 8

Avonex Reduces Tysabri Clearance by 30%

Just thought that this was something interesting to ponder. Co-administration of Avonex reduces Tysabri clearance by approximately 1/3rd. As you can see from the FDA label, Biogen/Elan did not think this would be a problem, but they did consider it... So not only may Avonex's immunomodulation combined with Tysabri's be too much, but Avonex's effect on Tysabri ALONE may boost T's immunosuppressive capabilities.

In other words, it's not just A+T we're looking at here, but ...
Read more : Avonex Reduces Tysabri Clearance by 30% | Views : 2376 | Replies : 6

Biogen employee comment

I've been debating with myself whether to post this quote that appeared on another MS forum. The person who posted it stated that it was obtained from the Biogen message board. I have no way of verifying this other than it appears to be legitimate.

I know it is going to instigate responses of various opinions but I hope everyone respects all the opinions expressed.

The original poster was quite upset by the fact that ...
Read more : Biogen employee comment | Views : 2275 | Replies : 6

Tysabri & the Immune System

This is a link to a VERY interesting article about Tysabri and what possibilities can take place when tinkering with the immune system.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... _mz011.htm

Harry
Read more : Tysabri & the Immune System | Views : 8107 | Replies : 42

black-box and dosing limit

Read this in an investor's daily journal today:

Merrill Lynch analyst Eric Ende wrote the most likely outcome is that Tysabri re-enters the market in six months with a single-agent use (i.e., no avonex), a two-year dosing limit and a black-box safety warning.

And further, " In this case, Tysabri sales could be reduced by more than 50%". I'd say probably more like 90% reduction. I personally really wanted to use it, but I doubt ...
Read more : black-box and dosing limit | Views : 1903 | Replies : 3

NMSS WEBCAST RE TYSABRI WITHDRAWAL

The NMSS has just put out a webcast regarding Tysabri that you can listen to.

The panel consists of:

John Richert, MD
Future head of the Society's research and clinical programs efforts, National MS Society

Aaron Miller, MD
Chief Medical Officer
National MS Society

Al Sandrock, MD
Vice President for Medical Research, Biogen IDEC

Go to www.nmss.org and you'll see it on their home page.

I'm listening now myself. ...
Read more : NMSS WEBCAST RE TYSABRI WITHDRAWAL | Views : 1777 | Replies : 0

Seeking Tysabri trial patients

Hello everyone,

My name is John Mulligan, a journalist with the Sunday Tribune newspaper in Dublin. I'm writing a piece for this Sunday on Tysabri and am hoping to speak to someone who may have been involved in trials, or who was receiving the treatment prior to its withdrawl. I'd like to chat to you about how effective the treatment was for you, and your thoughts on it being pulled.

I realise for many of ...
Read more : Seeking Tysabri trial patients | Views : 3028 | Replies : 5

Bloomberg News (Interview)

As I mentioned in the other thread that I was going to do, I talked with John Lauerman at Bloomberg.

It was painless, and pretty interesting. (You know me, though, being the legal "talker" that I am, boy was it hard to condense it all down!) :wink:

In any event, I got in as much as I could for the benefit of MS and those afflicted, but ...
Read more : Bloomberg News (Interview) | Views : 1450 | Replies : 0

Tysabri Suspension - after shocks will be?

So what's next? Our Neuro, when trying to tell my wife to get on Tysabri, more or less said that we now know that the interferons weren't much use. Luckily, she got pregnant, so the decision was postponed until the fall of 2005 after birth.

Now what? I think you'll see a lot of patients go back their neuro's and demand something off label - statins or abx's. Which in a way may be a ...
Read more : Tysabri Suspension - after shocks will be? | Views : 12417 | Replies : 60

Tysabri

I had 3 infusions of Tysabri since approval by the FDA. I was due for the 4th next Tuesday - 3/8. I am disappointed that the drug has been suspended (temporarily?). My infusions were beneficial to me. I had beneficial reactions during my infusions. About 20 minutes into the infusion, my left foot would straighten and overall pain would diminish. My posture would improve after the infusion. My nurse who administered & observed my infusion ...
Read more : Tysabri | Views : 2078 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220304 • Total topics 22802 • Total members 14389

Contact us | Terms of Service