It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:13 pm

News News of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Site map of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab) » Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

black-box and dosing limit

Read this in an investor's daily journal today:

Merrill Lynch analyst Eric Ende wrote the most likely outcome is that Tysabri re-enters the market in six months with a single-agent use (i.e., no avonex), a two-year dosing limit and a black-box safety warning.

And further, " In this case, Tysabri sales could be reduced by more than 50%". I'd say probably more like 90% reduction. I personally really wanted to use it, but I doubt ...
Read more : black-box and dosing limit | Views : 1894 | Replies : 3

NMSS WEBCAST RE TYSABRI WITHDRAWAL

The NMSS has just put out a webcast regarding Tysabri that you can listen to.

The panel consists of:

John Richert, MD
Future head of the Society's research and clinical programs efforts, National MS Society

Aaron Miller, MD
Chief Medical Officer
National MS Society

Al Sandrock, MD
Vice President for Medical Research, Biogen IDEC

Go to www.nmss.org and you'll see it on their home page.

I'm listening now myself. ...
Read more : NMSS WEBCAST RE TYSABRI WITHDRAWAL | Views : 1758 | Replies : 0

Seeking Tysabri trial patients

Hello everyone,

My name is John Mulligan, a journalist with the Sunday Tribune newspaper in Dublin. I'm writing a piece for this Sunday on Tysabri and am hoping to speak to someone who may have been involved in trials, or who was receiving the treatment prior to its withdrawl. I'd like to chat to you about how effective the treatment was for you, and your thoughts on it being pulled.

I realise for many of ...
Read more : Seeking Tysabri trial patients | Views : 3011 | Replies : 5

Bloomberg News (Interview)

As I mentioned in the other thread that I was going to do, I talked with John Lauerman at Bloomberg.

It was painless, and pretty interesting. (You know me, though, being the legal "talker" that I am, boy was it hard to condense it all down!) :wink:

In any event, I got in as much as I could for the benefit of MS and those afflicted, but ...
Read more : Bloomberg News (Interview) | Views : 1444 | Replies : 0

Tysabri Suspension - after shocks will be?

So what's next? Our Neuro, when trying to tell my wife to get on Tysabri, more or less said that we now know that the interferons weren't much use. Luckily, she got pregnant, so the decision was postponed until the fall of 2005 after birth.

Now what? I think you'll see a lot of patients go back their neuro's and demand something off label - statins or abx's. Which in a way may be a ...
Read more : Tysabri Suspension - after shocks will be? | Views : 12356 | Replies : 60

Tysabri

I had 3 infusions of Tysabri since approval by the FDA. I was due for the 4th next Tuesday - 3/8. I am disappointed that the drug has been suspended (temporarily?). My infusions were beneficial to me. I had beneficial reactions during my infusions. About 20 minutes into the infusion, my left foot would straighten and overall pain would diminish. My posture would improve after the infusion. My nurse who administered & observed my infusion ...
Read more : Tysabri | Views : 2048 | Replies : 0

Biogen Idec, Elan Suspend Use of Tysabri

Monday February 28, 8:43 am ET

Biogen Idec, Elan Suspend Use of Tysabri After Fatality in Clinical Trial

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) -- Biotech companies Biogen Idec Inc. and Elan Corp. reported Monday that they have suspended marketing and clinical trial use of multiple sclerosis treatment Tysabri and alerted doctors to stop using the treatment.
Biogen Idec shares closed Friday at $67.28 on the Nasdaq and were down $27.79, or 41.3 percent, to $39.49 in ...
Read more : Biogen Idec, Elan Suspend Use of Tysabri | Views : 16089 | Replies : 83

how long until Tysabri antibody testing?

I'm halfway between the first and second doses of Tysabri. When should I expect the neurologist have me tested for antibodies? 3, 6, 9 months, or longer? Would it be the same Athena Diagnostics back east that did my Avonex antibody testing? Or are there multiple labs that can do it?
Read more : how long until Tysabri antibody testing? | Views : 8109 | Replies : 18

Tysabri 2 year data out

Full data will be released at AAN in april but here is the news release:

TYSABRI-R- Two-Year Monotherapy Trial Demonstrates Significant Impact on Disability Progression and Relapse Rate in Multiple Sclerosis
Thursday February 17, 2:30 am ET

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. & DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 17, 2005--
Data Show 42% Reduction in the Risk of Disability Progression and Sustained 67% Reduction in Relapse Rate

Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB - News) and Elan Corporation, plc (NYSE: ELN - ...
Read more : Tysabri 2 year data out | Views : 5804 | Replies : 26

Biogen Idec at Merrill Lynch Pharmaceutical Conference

Biogen Idec at Merrill Lynch Global Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device Conference

February 9 - 2005

Some excerpts from his "main presentation"

"And the big news, the news that people have spent a lot of time talking about and analyzing and questioning up on is Tysabri. You all know that we filed in the U.S. and Europe on the one-year data. The two year trials continued. One of them is finished. And that data ...
Read more : Biogen Idec at Merrill Lynch Pharmaceutical Conference | Views : 2004 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218660 • Total topics 22531 • Total members 14178