It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:33 am

News News of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Site map of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab) » Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Tysabri 2 year data out

Full data will be released at AAN in april but here is the news release:

TYSABRI-R- Two-Year Monotherapy Trial Demonstrates Significant Impact on Disability Progression and Relapse Rate in Multiple Sclerosis
Thursday February 17, 2:30 am ET

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. & DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 17, 2005--
Data Show 42% Reduction in the Risk of Disability Progression and Sustained 67% Reduction in Relapse Rate

Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB - News) and Elan Corporation, plc (NYSE: ELN - ...
Read more : Tysabri 2 year data out | Views : 5829 | Replies : 26

Biogen Idec at Merrill Lynch Pharmaceutical Conference

Biogen Idec at Merrill Lynch Global Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device Conference

February 9 - 2005

Some excerpts from his "main presentation"

"And the big news, the news that people have spent a lot of time talking about and analyzing and questioning up on is Tysabri. You all know that we filed in the U.S. and Europe on the one-year data. The two year trials continued. One of them is finished. And that data ...
Read more : Biogen Idec at Merrill Lynch Pharmaceutical Conference | Views : 2014 | Replies : 2

Tysabri at home infusion?

I have received 2 doses of Tysbri at the hospital in the medical short stay unit. It isn't bad, but it is a long drive to and from. My doctor said I could have the infusion anywhere I liked, and the nurses in the office have been working on trying to set up home infusions for those who want that. Which I really do. A nurse would come in to the home, start the IV, ...
Read more : Tysabri at home infusion? | Views : 2006 | Replies : 0

Anyone considering a port for infusions?

Hi, Just wondering if anyone was considering a port for the Tysabri infusions. Any long term infusion will be hard on the veins after time and I spoke to a vascular surgeon who recommends it. Any insight?
Read more : Anyone considering a port for infusions? | Views : 1752 | Replies : 1

Is Tysabri available in Canada?

Does anyone know if Tysabri is available in Canada? I did a search on Health Canada but haven't come up with anything...

Thanks.
Read more : Is Tysabri available in Canada? | Views : 5335 | Replies : 19

Elan's Investor Conference Call Notes Regarding Tysabri

Elan's Investor Conference Call Notes Regarding Tysabri

Some notes from Kelly Martin's remarks on Tysabri during the Elan 4Q Conference Call:

" Last topic is Tysabri. Let me go through sort of a basic framework of how we want to make sure that this is positioned. Biogen had their call yesterday. You will find that what we say and what they say are consistent around Tysabri across the board. Obviously, this is an asset ...
Read more : Elan's Investor Conference Call Notes Regarding Tysabri | Views : 1773 | Replies : 0

Tysabri info

Science Article

February 3, 2005

From basic discovery to breakthrough drug

'Determination and persistence' carries a controversial theory to development of drug that prevents inflammation, reduces MS relapse

By BARBARA BERG

There are few more satisfying experiences for scientists than to see their work benefit others. For Dr. Elizabeth Wayner, that gratification came last fall, when the U.S. Food and Drug Administration granted approval for a breakthrough drug to treat multiple sclerosis that is based ...
Read more : Tysabri info | Views : 58234 | Replies : 412

be proactive - don' t wait for Biogen, they're swamped

Hi,

After waiting almost 2 months for Biogen to get something set up, I took matters into my own hands.

1. 9 a.m. Called Blue Cross insurance - they said they'd cover it if the doctor would fax in info supporting the need for Tysabri. They also indicated that the infusion center (only one in the phone book) was in-network.
2. called the infusion center who said to have the doctor fax in the prescription ...
Read more : be proactive - don' t wait for Biogen, they're swamped | Views : 2299 | Replies : 4

$100 phone survey for Tysabri

Schlesinger Associates is doing a phone survey on Tysabri right now through Feb 16. They're paying anyone that's had at least one infusion $100 for 45 minutes. Sharon 866-861-0395 xt 201 - they're having a hard time getting people for the survey. Eastern standard time.... so I'm assuming they'll want the calls before 5?

Full disclosure, Sharon said they'd pay me a finders fee but they have none of my information except my phone/name so ...
Read more : $100 phone survey for Tysabri | Views : 2368 | Replies : 5

Anyone else's neuro billing $4K per infusion?!

...Ok...so my best friend, just heard from her dr's office today, and they are telling her that the tysabri treatments are $4000.00 a month, now what is going on with that?..... (from Peggy, who's trying to help her friend)

I also posted a message on the Cost thread about getting the same "revised" price of $4,000.00 from my neuro's office. $4K per infusion sounds crazy (is crazy), but it is not a mistake, believe ...
Read more : Anyone else's neuro billing $4K per infusion?! | Views : 2597 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219351 • Total topics 22634 • Total members 14268

Contact us | Terms of Service