It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:26 am

News News of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Site map of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab) » Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Antegren - Good Things Can Happen

bNot sure if this was posted here, but thought it should be.

http://www.abstracts2view.com/aan/sessionindex.php

(you have to register to search abstracts - its free to register, then search on natalizumab.)

Presented at the 56th AAN Annual Meeting in San Francisco:

1. Single-Patient Study for the Emergency Use of Natalizumab (Antegran) in the Treatment of Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis
Authors: Shehzad Choudry, Shane Maxwell, Douglas R. Jeffery, Wisnton-Salem, NC, Michael Panzara, ...
Read more : Antegren - Good Things Can Happen | Views : 2002 | Replies : 0

Antegren in acute MS relapses

Don't know if you've all seen this before, it came out a little while ago, but I thought it might be of interest here.

Randomized multicenter trial of natalizumab in acute MS relapses: clinical and MRI effects.

O'Connor PW, Goodman A, Willmer-Hulme AJ, Libonati MA, Metz L, Murray RS, Sheremata WA, Vollmer TL, Stone LA; Natalizumab Multiple Sclerosis Trial Group.

St. Michael's Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. oconnorp@smh.toronto.on.ca

BACKGROUND: Relapses in ...
Read more : Antegren in acute MS relapses | Views : 2461 | Replies : 9

NMSS Bulletin on Antegren

I just now saw the NMSS's bulletin regarding Antegren that was just posted on their website (dated 11-8-04).

Well, I have to say (for what it's worth), that I approve. I couldn't have worded it better myself for them (given their "leadership" role in MS). :wink:

They basically are doing what I said I was doing just a minute ago. Letting the FDA deal with it. HAH! ...
Read more : NMSS Bulletin on Antegren | Views : 2472 | Replies : 4

VLA-4 Antagonists (i.e. Antegren)

I think I'm becoming the "Michael Moore" of the pharmaceutical world. HAH! (As a side note, I'm from Flint, Michigan originally, also. Mike Moore graduated a year earlier than I did. He went to a different high school, but I remember him WELL! LOL Flint was not that large, and he used to come in and out of the law firm I used to work at up there years ago, too. Maybe it's just ...
Read more : VLA-4 Antagonists (i.e. Antegren) | Views : 7544 | Replies : 33

Antegren study funding

From: http://www.wddty.co.uk/archive/e-news%2 ... 02003.html

Medicine in general—and the pharmaceutical industry in particular—live for the ‘next best thing’, the breakthrough discovery that will change the course of a disease.

Take, for instance, a monoclonal antibody drug called Antegren (natalizumab). Two studies that appear in the same issue of the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine show that Antegren can improve the quality of life for sufferers of acute Crohn’s disease, ...
Read more : Antegren study funding | Views : 1665 | Replies : 0

Biogen Idec

Some of you may find this interesting.

In talking about Antegren, and pharmas, etc., I mentioned SEC filings. So........I took a quick look at SEC filings for Biogen Idec. This is ALL public record and can be found on their website, not to mention on the Securities and Exchange Commission website.

I'm going to highlight what I found a little "surprising" in a way. Not very "diversified" are they? That's a little risky in my ...
Read more : Biogen Idec | Views : 6429 | Replies : 19

Biogen/Elan delay release of Phase III Antegren data

BIOGEN IDEC, ELAN TO DELAY RELEASE OF PHASE III ANTEGREN DATA UNTIL RECEIPT OF APPROVAL FROM FDA

This is probably not a major development. They are still on course to get it approved at the end of the year in the US. The article does mention that there is speculation that this might be a sign that an antegren/avonex combination study is not yielding desired results.

http://www.pharmexec.com/pharmexec/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=115017
Read more : Biogen/Elan delay release of Phase III Antegren data | Views : 2517 | Replies : 6

A desperate mother searching for hope!

My 36 year old daughter was diagnosed with MS 2.5 years ago and now has secondary progressive. her MS is "very aggressive and very bad" according to her neurologist, and they have 'thrown everything they have at it with no avail". She has serious vision problems that do not go away and can barely walk or use her hands. She has two small childen and I am in absolute despair about what is happening to ...
Read more : A desperate mother searching for hope! | Views : 2139 | Replies : 5

Early approval for Antegren

Can someone revisit and summarize what Antegren means to the MS community, listing the positive benefits and the potential downside and side effects?

There seems to be lot of new people onboard. Perhaps we all can share in some hope in the near future.

:?:
Read more : Early approval for Antegren | Views : 2587 | Replies : 7

Elan starts to produce new MS drug

Irish Examiner
Elan starts to produce new MS drug

By Conor Keane, Business Correspondent
ELAN has started production of Antegren, its multiple sclerosis (MS) drug, in advance of a possible launch in 2005.

Elan gave a detailed briefing to stockbroking analysts on Monday. They were told the company anticipates approval for Antegren from the US Food and Drug Administration to permit sales to start by early 2005.

Merrion's Peter Frawley said, in a note to ...
Read more : Elan starts to produce new MS drug | Views : 3622 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216470 • Total topics 22115 • Total members 13908