It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:08 am

News News of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Site map of Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab) » Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Tysabri Videos

A MUST-SEE 3 minute video from Biogen and Elan, explaining exactly how Tysabri works graphically (a bit technical, but you know our community is not scared of science ;)

http://homepage.mac.com/vincentmacaluso ... ring7.html
Read more : Tysabri Videos | Views : 2304 | Replies : 4

Tysabri Coverage

Medicare Coverage Available for New MS Drug: Tysabri

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tysabri, the new medication for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS), is covered by Medicare. Per the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Tysabri is used to treat patients with relapsing forms of MS to reduce the frequency of symptom flare-ups or exacerbations of the disease.

Tysabri was approved by the FDA in November of 2004. Once ordered by a physician, it is administered once a ...
Read more : Tysabri Coverage | Views : 2558 | Replies : 5

Picture of Tysabri

For those interested, this is what the packaging for Tysabri looks like, (picture hosted by Elan):

Read more : Picture of Tysabri | Views : 1604 | Replies : 0

Tysabri Mechanism of Action

Three minute Video on Tysabri Mechanism of Action

http://homepage.mac.com/vincentmacaluso ... ring7.html
Read more : Tysabri Mechanism of Action | Views : 3041 | Replies : 2

A LITTLE HELP

HELLO ALL,

WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ON THIS SITE HAS STARTED TYSABRI. MY DOCTOR TOLD ME YESTERDAY SHE WANTS ME ON IT, ALONG WITH AVONEX. WE HAVE TO PUT ALL INFO INTO INSURANCE TO SEE WHAT THEY WILL COVER, BUT WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCES THEY COULD SHARE REGARDING THIS NEW MED. ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU
Read more : A LITTLE HELP | Views : 2655 | Replies : 10

tysabri users, how are your relapses?

I was just wondering, if anyone who has begun taking the tysabri treatments, has been doing with flare ups? have you noticed that they are less frequent, more frequent, or the same?

my best friend starts hers on jan 12th. but she has started another flare up within a week and a half of the last one (that lasted 3 weeks), and she couldn't walk or speak real well, and could not eat (due to ...
Read more : tysabri users, how are your relapses? | Views : 1907 | Replies : 2

Tysabri and Optic Neuritis?

Just went and got second opinion for recurrent ON today (Had 2-3 attacks on ON (rt eye only) in the past 6 months). F47, No other physical symptoms or MRI leisions (2 sets taken, brain and spine 6 months apart). Also had one round of iv streoids 2 months ago. Vision returned soso, not great / washed out colors.

This 2nd MS Dr said to start on Thysabri next month, ASAP.
From what i read ...
Read more : Tysabri and Optic Neuritis? | Views : 2293 | Replies : 3

Tysabri Webcast

Last night, at John Hopkins Univ., there was a webcast for medical professionals. All the info is not available as yet but here is a synopsis of what was said.

The presenters were paid by Biogen. They did a good job of not showing bias, one way or the other, towards Tysabri.

The questions were solicited by the Consortium in advance and consolidated for the webcast. No additional questions were allowed during the presentation.

Tysabri ...
Read more : Tysabri Webcast | Views : 13323 | Replies : 62

Earlier Natalizumab Trial

I know that some readers may think that I make-up and create "stories" about Tysabri (aka Natalizumab). That, I simply don't do! Today I came across this link that was posted on the Brain Talk MS Forum. It was published by The New England Journal of Medicine which doesn't need an introduction to most people.

This is a short abstract of an earlier Natalizumab trial that shows totally different results than the Tysabri trials. How ...
Read more : Earlier Natalizumab Trial | Views : 10815 | Replies : 57

Tysabri: Fine Young Cannibal or CRAB's New Partner in Crime

I would like to hear some discussion on the possible meaning of the one-year SENTINEL trial information that was recently released. Right now, I am leaning toward pushing for combination therapy when I make the leap to Tysabri. But I would really like to be talked out of continuing the Avonex. The side effects have eased this past month (after a year on treatment), but it still feels as though I am playing Russian Roulette ...
Read more : Tysabri: Fine Young Cannibal or CRAB's New Partner in Crime | Views : 2842 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221023 • Total topics 22917 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service