Ocrevus questions

Discuss Ocrelizumab, a monoclonal antibody treatment for MS.

Ocrevus questions

Postby HUD45 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:28 am

Hi. I am still wondering if there are patients out there starting the Ocrevus infusion process? From insurance authorization to infusion and side effects, I am looking for testimonials....How is it going? Is it helping?

Gotta be some experiences out there, love to hear about them.....

HUD
HUD45
Family Member

Advertisement

Re: Ocrevus questions

Postby jaredboy » Fri May 12, 2017 3:52 am

I'm going to bump this thread instead of starting my own as I have the same question.
I was given the choice of Ocrevus or Lemtrada.
Both have risky side effects it seems, can anyone out there share their experience thus far taking either one of these?
My mom ran into a lady at the market recently who is on Ocrevus, I am planning to meet and talk with her. I'll share anything I learn in the meanwhile.

Thanks!
jaredboy

Postby NHE » Fri May 12, 2017 5:38 am

jaredboy wrote:I'm going to bump this thread instead of starting my own as I have the same question.
I was given the choice of Ocrevus or Lemtrada.
Both have risky side effects it seems, can anyone out there share their experience thus far taking either one of these?
My mom ran into a lady at the market recently who is on Ocrevus, I am planning to meet and talk with her. I'll share anything I learn in the meanwhile.

Hi Jared,
I recently posted a link to the Ocrevus Prescribing Information. ocrevus-ocrelizumab-f58/topic29056.html

That might be helpful for you.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Postby jaredboy » Fri May 12, 2017 6:13 am

Thank you very much, there's a lot of good info in there.
As mentioned I am leaning towards Ocrevus at the advice of my Neuro (versus Lemtrada, she gave me a choice and said do some research)
However I am still going to speak to someone my mother met at the market who is on Ocrevus now.
I don't know if the community here will like to hear my experience of opinion, but I'll be glad to share it.
jaredboy

Postby HUD45 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:45 am

Thanks NHE for the prescribing info....pretty much sums it up, trial and error, just like a lab rat. Just hope it works. I will be consulting with my neuro soon and making a decision.... Just have not seen many testimonials.

As a PPMSer, I just don't see many other options that I already have not tried.

Best, HUD
HUD45
Family Member

Postby JCB » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:03 pm

Has any one recently been on this new drug, and how are you doing? I am PPMS, my doctor would like me to start, I am cautious, thoughts?
JCB
Family Elder

Return to Ocrevus (Ocrelizumab)