Help! Relapse during pregnancy.

A forum for parents with multiple sclerosis, and how to cope with family life when a parent has MS.
esj414

Help! Relapse during pregnancy.

Post by esj414 »

I'm 22 weeks pregnant with my first child and I am having an MS relapse. This relapse started about a week ago and I saw my neuro on Thursday. He suggests that I wait a few days and call him next week. If my symptoms don't get better he suggested a course of solumedrol and/or gabapentin. I've been searching the internet for information on relapses during pregnancy and can't find anything. Every website says relapses are greatly reduced. Well that's great, but not helpful.

Anybody else had a relapse while pregnant? Any resources that I can turn to? Is solumedrol and gabapentin safe during pregnancy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm kinda freaking out because I can't find any info and I don't want to do anything to harm my baby.
browneyes

Re: Help! Relapse during pregnancy.

Post by browneyes »

I hope that you found the answers you were looking for, I would have had something similar but I didn't make it that far. How is everything with you and baby?