I just finished reading the book "Side Effects: Death" by John Virapen. It was an interesting book to read so I thought that I would post it here. For more info, see
Side Effects: Death. Confessions of a Pharma InsiderI bribed a Swedish professor to enhance the registration of Prozac in Sweden.
- John Virapen
Pharmaceutical companies want to keep people sick. They want to make others think that they are sick. And they do this for one reason: money.
Did you know:
- Pharmaceutical companies invest more that 35,000 Euro (over $50,000) per physician each year to get them to prescribe their products?
- More than 75% of leading scientists in the field of medicine are "paid for" by the pharmaceutical industry?
- Corruption prevailed in the approval and marketing of drugs in some cases?
- Illnesses are made up by the pharmaceutical industry and specifically marketed to enhance sales and market shares for the companies in question?
- Pharmaceutical companies increasingly target children?
Side Effects: Death is the true story of corruption, bribery and fraud written by Dr. John Virapen, who has been called THE
Big Pharma Insider. During his 35 years in the pharmaceutical industry internationally (most notably as general manager of Eli Lilly and Company), Virapen was responsible for the marketing of several drugs, all of them with side effects [some, such as Prozac, include hallucinations, depression and suicide].
Now Virapen is coming clean and telling all the little secrets you were never intended to know!
After reading this book, it was not surprising to find Eli Lilly at the top of this list for payments to doctors.