E-BOOKS ROCK!

Discuss your favorite books here
jtjdmj
Family Member

E-BOOKS ROCK!

Post by jtjdmj »

I don't know about any of you guys, but I can't live without good books. Personally I LOVE mysteries, used to be my favorite author was Patricia Cornwell...but now there are too many to mention. I also LOVE e-books, started with rocket ebooks, I think 2-3. Them my latest greatest would be the amazon Kindle. I was and am an owner of the "original" kindle and just with the last couple months got one of their current models...why you say when the original still works fine? Cause lucily my husband still works and likes to indulge me. It's also half the thickness of the original and the night light is built in to the cover we got and I LOVE to read at night, it usually helps me go to sleep. I also have the Kindle app for my iPAD and iPHONE, so I can read my over 300 books at anytime on whatever I have on at the time. I JUST LOVE READING and e-books make it so I don't have to go to a bookstore/library.
jtjdmj
Family Member

Re: E-BOOKS ROCK! EVEN MORE!!!

Post by jtjdmj »

I already own over I'd say 300 e-books, mainly still murder mysteries, but some other stuff too, the nicest thing is since my MS makes my memory suck, I've started reading most of them over now and per various websites, in the order written, versus just however they were suggested to me by websites or friends. I've now finished my Catherine Coulter books and am now on the Fifth of the "in death" series bt J.D. Robb...great series!!! Yes by the end of the book I can pretty much guess/figure out who dunit, but I figure since I don't remember specifics and I very mmuh enjoy all the authors I'm rereading...why not. I have also now owned 4 different Kindles now and since they are all legally mine, if I've found somebody who likes mysteries, they can use the older Kindles and read any of my legally puchased books, or they can download anything they might like, as long as they pay for it. :-)

So far, my 1st Kindle has found it's wat to my PT's (physical therapist's) 14-year old sons hands, we know her whole family, and as far as I can tell, I thinks she's just downloading some of the really old stuff that is in the public domain for free, she (my PT) has my second Kindle as she LOVES murder mysteries also, and has also been responsible for "turning me on," to a lot of these authors, like J.D Robb, so she gets most new stuff quicker on Kindle than at the library, or usually available the same day, if I know about it. Eric, my son-in-law has my Kindle fire, from what I understand from my hubby (I'm bed-bound and therefore don't get out much), he broke the operating system on it almost immediately. I had decided when I got the Kindle Fire, that I'd never ned another Kindle "unless" they came out with a Kindle with touchscreen but with better battery life then the Kinle Fire, which although it had the touchscreen, with the web-browser, the battery life sucked, and what did they do, the Kindle touch! Eric is also the father of my grandbaby and has downloaded some of the free apps, like for drawing or playing UNO. He also has an android phone and has downloaded some free apps for it.

It's distractions as far as I'm concerned and with rereading the books in order now, I don't think I've had to buy any "new" books in at least 6 months, so what the heck?

Well, I'll stop ranting on this subject for now...but I WILL be back...sorry.

Jaime Jackson.
Lainie
Family Member

Re: E-BOOKS ROCK!

Post by Lainie »

I love E-books, because my disability makes it really hard to go to the bookstore, and although Amazon is cool, you have to wait for the book to arrive. With ebooks, it is right there as soon as I buy it.

Plus with iBooks, most of the classics are free. I just finished "Call of the Wild" for free, and am starting "Great Expectations." (Also free)
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

Imagei download books onto my laptop and "turn " the pages using an eye-mouse.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

I'm not an ebook user, but this info might be useful for someone... :geek:

How to protect your Amazon e-books from being deleted
Amazon recently erased all of one Kindle users' e-books. Ars shows how to stop it.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/10/ ... g-deleted/
ariehs
Family Member

Post by ariehs »

I've been reading ebooks on various handhelds since 1999, and cell-phones since the first big-screen phones (pre-smartphones). Since I got a kindle, though, that's become my primary reading method.
Greenfields
Family Member

Post by Greenfields »

Tons of Torrents, and you don't have to lug heavy boxes every time you move. LOL

Return to “Reading Nook”