the five people you meet in heaven (just a fun quick read)

Discuss your favorite books here
pegs
Family Member

the five people you meet in heaven (just a fun quick read)

Post by pegs »

I loved the book "The five people you meet in heaven" only 194 pages and that is hard back the size of a paperback....Fun light hearted, warm hearted ....a fast read....like going to the movies...the author is Mitch Albom...
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Great book. And I assume you've read "Tuesday's with Morrie"? That is a great one also. He is a damn good writer. And to think he is a sports writer in Detroit. I've caught his radio show before too and I just think he is great.
pegs
Family Member

Post by pegs »

oh...the end was great I needed the laugh....no I have not read Tuesdays with Morrie but I will get it. Thanks!!
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Although I loved "The five people you meet in Heaven", in my opinion, "Tuesday's with Morrie" is his crown jewel. You will love it.
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

Im going to get both, I caught him on the Colbert Report and he was a very interesting interviewee.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Jamie,

You won't regret your purchases. "Tuesday's with Morrie" is one of those reads that make you (and most of the time the motivation is temporary with me :? ) want to act differently. You won't be able to put it down.
Artifishual
Family Elder

Post by Artifishual »

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colber ... itch-albom

Here is his interveiw with John Colbert.

I haven't read these books YET!!!

John Colbert is a nut, funny guy. :D
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Dude,

The books are great. They are such easy reads and he is a very engrossing writer. You'll love either one.
she-aardvark
Getting to Know You...

Post by she-aardvark »

I still haven't read "Tuesday's with Morrie" even thougth I plan to but I have read this book. I have to say it started well but then it got a but clichéd anmd I started finding it annoying but nevertheless it did draw me in to keep reading and it was worth it in the end as the ending was nothing short of beautiful.
miri
Family Elder

Re: the five people you meet in heaven (just a fun quick rea

Post by miri »

Is there any NDE book out there that's based on a much more complex life than the one this book is about? i.e. one where someone enters heaven and asks the reasons for extremely complex health/genetics interwoven with convoluted family situation, society, environment & luck.

I doubt any such a book exists, because practically everything caters to majority's to whom such a book probably wouldn't appeal.
Reachable via PM. Seems I have Higbee's HSII on ThisIsMS. Frustrated by MSers, FMers, Lymers & Prematurely-Aged-By-EMFers who prefer cryptic jargonian Systems Vs. Intuitive empirical experience. Don't simple truths count for anything anymore?