DaVinci Code by Dan Brown

Discuss your favorite books here
pegs
Family Member

DaVinci Code by Dan Brown

Post by pegs »

A fabulous mystery filled with a lot of factual historical data.???
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

I'm going to do it to you again :D ! You now have to read "Angels & Demons". In saying that I can't take anything away from the Davinci Code. What a great mystery. One of my all time favorites. He wrote "Angels & Demons" before "The DaVinci Code" and it's the first book where he uses the Robert Langdon character.

I was honestly thinking about reading "The DaVinci Code" again I liked is so much. I read it when it first came out. I have just finished "Deception Point" by Dan Brown. It's also good and a much quicker read than the Langdon books. I'm glad you read that. Anytime I see someone reading that I'm like "man are they gonna love that book".
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

bah, by the time i read deception point i was already tired of brown's formula!
code was good, movie sucked tho! i'd read all the non-fiction stuff from teabing's (baigent's) bookshelf in the early 90s, was fun to see how brown played out the fiction part in the code :)
gah now i'm going to have to read it again >:(
pegs
Family Member

If I have read the book...movie always seems to..

Post by pegs »

to be a big dissappointment....I have never quite enjoyed a movie if I have read the book...Looking forward to Angels and Demons....haven't gotten it yet....
she-aardvark
Getting to Know You...

Post by she-aardvark »

I thought this was entirely predictable and while some of it was historically accurate, a lot of it was not. However if you want a read that doesn't require any brain power sit back and enjoy
ariehs
Family Member

Post by ariehs »

How can you manage to get through the book? Dan Browns prose is painful! Even the audiobook versions are tough to get through.
HunnyBunny
Family Member

Post by HunnyBunny »

I always enjoy the books better than the movies. I find I have to work at keeping my mouth shut to keep from explaining what happened in the book. :wink:

I haven't read Angels and Demons yet, but I did read Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, which I did enjoy too.

Return to “Reading Nook”