the Last Lecture

Discuss your favorite books here
carolew
Family Elder

the Last Lecture

Post by carolew »

I just finished that book, written by Randy Pausch. He is a 40some years old man, diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and only a few months to live.
His words have really struck me in many ways.
He is a very wise professor. He talks about the important things in life, what they should be, what do you do and concentrate on when you only have a few months to go in your life.
Many things he says apply to me/us. What can you tell your kids and what should you tell them. He talks about living out your childhood dreams, about fighting to get what you want and keep trying if you don't succeed the first time out.
I cried and I got angry as I was reading the book. They are able to put a man on the moon but they can't figure the cause nor the cure of ms$?%$*&*&(*. So unfair. So ridiculous too. All because of money and competition between drug companies. Same for the cure of many ailments.
Anyway, it was a very refreshing read and I highly recommend it. It made the top ten of Mac Lean's magazine. Enjoy.... Carole
dignan
Family Elder

Post by dignan »

I haven't read the book, but I watched the lecture. Have you seen it? I love his last line.

carolew
Family Elder

Post by carolew »

I just did. I loved the book, I cried again watching the video.
He is amazing, so serene.... he must have changed the lives of many students and others in his abbreviated life.
thanks for the link.
take care, Carole

Return to “Reading Nook”