Grossology by Sylvia Branzei

Discuss your favorite books here
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Grossology by Sylvia Branzei

Post by lyndacarol »

This proves that I will read anything...because I believe that we might learn an important fact anywhere.

Our local museum had an exhibit, "Grossology: The (Impolite) Science of the Human Body," this summer. It was designed for kids aged 6 to 14 and based on Sylvia Branzei's books.

Having read Twisted Helix's first post and thread which mentioned snot, I decided to post this because I think mucus (chronic sinusitis) plays a role in my MS:page 32
Snot is one part of your daily diet that you never think about. Snot? Yep, you swallow about a quart of it each day....Snot is so important that your nose makes a new batch every twenty minutes.
Even use of the NETI pot did not solve my drainage problem. Now I understand the reason why--"new batch every twenty minutes!"
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

I use my NETI daily. The only thing I found out about that in a negative light is to not do it right before bed. Since it completely strips your mucus lining, your body starts immediately making a new one, and if you lie down, you get bad drainage all night. So now I only do it before 7pm or so.
Artifishual
Family Elder

Post by Artifishual »

My wife uses one of them things. It is kinda gross, but she says it works. Doubt I'll ever find out for myself, LOL. Later arti :wink:

Return to “Reading Nook”