thinking of quitting Rebif, what to try next?

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Rebif
fishee2
Getting to Know You...

thinking of quitting Rebif, what to try next?

Post by fishee2 »

Hello Everyone,

I have been on Rebif for approx 10 years or so. I have been on .22 mcg only, my liver couldn't handle the .44 apparently. But it has been mostly side affect free and really working well as no real attacks since I started taking it. However lately (in the past couple months) I have been getting the flu like symptoms at night, it happens maybe one out of every 3 doses or so, but its annoying as hell. That and a decade of injections its getting really old.

I am wondering those who have left Rebif for another drug, which did you choose and how is it going?
carolsue
Family Elder

Re: thinking of quitting Rebif, what to try next?

Post by carolsue »

I tolerated Rebif well for 10+ years until my skin developed enough scar tissue to make injections a real drag. I was hesitant to switch to anything different because I was doing really well symptom-wise. Finally, I switched about 9 months ago to Tecfidera. So far I'm very happy that I did, still no symptoms, no side effects.
Froggie
Family Elder

Re: thinking of quitting Rebif, what to try next?

Post by Froggie »

I was on Rebif for a little over three years. It was effective at first, but then I started developing lesions again and some of my symptoms became worse. I also was fed up with being a human pin cushion and dealing with the side effects. I was tired all the time and the day post injection I always felt like I was run over by a Mack truck. I then started on Tecfidera instead and am thrilled with it overall. I was concerned about potential stomach issues at first, but thankfully I've had no side effects. I've been on it for almost two years now and am very pleased. When I got off the Rebif, even my friends said I looked better! All in all, I'm glad I made the switch. Hope this helps!

Return to “Rebif”