Why I quit rebif

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Rebif
Bewitched
Family Member

I quit all the MS treatments.

Post by Bewitched »

Miss Fiesty:

I agree with your post from a year and a half ago. I, too, quit the interferons. I've been off them for over four weeks now and I feel great. I still feel the MS, but at least I have my life back. It is wonderful to be drug-free and without side effects at last. The side-effects were absolutely unmanageable and made me incapacitated. I have chosen to take on a more holistic approach with diet, exercise, vitamins, meditation and yoga. Those who are on the medication, I wish you the best and I hope that the treatments help you and you are doing very well. But, I cannot do them anymore at this time. Maybe, I will change my mind in the future, but at the moment, they have really ruined my quality of life. Now, I can enjoy life again and feel good and healthy!!!
chadeldridge

Post by chadeldridge »

Hello all,

This is my first post here and I would like to say hello to everyone. I have been on Rebif since May of 2009 and am having very good response to it. I am so sorry that you all seem to be having such a hard time dealing with the drug. I must just be the one lucky soul that has no issues with the drug at all. No flu symptoms, no site reactions .. nothing. Stay positive and keep moving I wish you all the best.
Bewitched
Family Member

Post by Bewitched »

Dear Chadeldridge,

Thanks for your well wishes. I wish I could have the painless experience that you have on Rebif. You are lucky. Perhaps, in the future, I may reconsider the interferon therapies, however, I am doing better without them. After a year and a half on Avonex, the doctor said that there was no improvement in brain lesions and that the lesion activity got slightly worse. Hence, he switched me to Rebif. I can't handle the side effects especially while having a career and commuting an hour to work each way. I need to be focused in my job. I am feeling much better since quitting and my blood pressure has dropped back to normal. My head and my heart don't feel like they're going to explode. My blood pressure was at 156/96 on the interferons. My mood swings are gone. I still feel the MS just as I still felt it on the interferons but without the additional physical/mental/health issues. I'll see how it goes and am curious to see how my next MRI looks.

Return to “Rebif”