I have been using prednisone for over 15 years. I was originally misdiagnosed with an auto-immune condition that first line treatment was prednisone. Some of my personal experience, which may help you, or mislead you. Remember, this is all my PERSONAL experience, not medical advice.
* A short HIGH pulse works better than a longer, lower dosage.
* The shorter "pulse" reduces the chances of many side effects such as "moonface".
* I personally do 75mg for three days, with no taper.
* A few years back, I tapered off Prednisone because I started Rebif. i.e. I was taking both together (as prescribed by my neuro)
* The prednisone actually greatly reduced the side effects of Rebif.
I hope they work for you.