Helminthic therapy(treatment using hookworms)

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
Apuman
Family Elder

Re: Helminthic therapy(treatment using hookworms)

Post by Apuman »

I'm happy to hear that things seem to be going well for you too, and I hope things continue on a positive course for you!

I just joined AITs private forum, and I haven't had a lot of time to absorb the information contained there. I am more interested in how the numbers may be playing a roll as well. Since 35 was the most I've ever hosted in my system at one time, the little MS activity that I did experience, I suppose it might have had something to do with my numbers being relatively low. As always, it's a tough call :wink:

And it's great to hear that you feel confident enough now to go off of interferons. I've heard of some people having severe attacks as a result of going off of Rebif in particular, so just the fact that you were able to do that is a very encouraging sign!

I wish you all the best!
Vikingquest
Family Member

Post by Vikingquest »

Any updates on your helminth adventueres, Apuman or MrBarlow?
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Post by mrbarlow »

Vikingquest wrote:Any updates on your helminth adventueres, Apuman or MrBarlow?

Hi. Generally pretty good. Its been 21 months since acute ON attack and 19 months since I started HT. No relapses since. Working full time and managing quite well. I have the occasional strange feeling - minor tingling or blurring of vision in left eye but always very short lived.
Vikingquest
Family Member

Post by Vikingquest »

Good stuff, so i assume that you think this is causation rather than correlation? I assume it is. are you looking to increase the number of Helminths to 300 at all, I have heard anecdotally that this is the number which has seen the best efficacy.

SeeIng as you decided on Helminths shortly after your diag, you are a very interesting case study!! KeeP us updated!!
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Post by mrbarlow »

Vikingquest wrote:Good stuff, so i assume that you think this is causation rather than correlation? I assume it is. are you looking to increase the number of Helminths to 300 at all, I have heard anecdotally that this is the number which has seen the best efficacy.

SeeIng as you decided on Helminths shortly after your diag, you are a very interesting case study!! KeeP us updated!!

To date I have had 3 35 hookworm doses plus 1 dose of Whipworm eggs. I may ask AIT for another 35 next spring.