Helminthic therapy(treatment using hookworms)

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apuman
Family Elder

Post by Apuman »

Good question Bob.

The company that I recieved my hookworms from, AIT claims that the helminths live for an average of 5 years, and guarantees them for 3 years. I can get a stool test at any point that will tell me if I'm still infected.

Oddly, I need to avoid sources of nitrous oxide, as it has been shown to eliminate them, so no whipped cream on that latte :? I guess I can live with that.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Drury
Family Elder

Post by Drury »

Apuman,

Thank you very much for giving us updates. I have been following you silently these past months and really fascinated. Very impressed that you are feeling so well and have handled traveling, heat etc. with few problems.

Please continue to update us.

Drury
HelminthicTherapy
Getting to Know You...

Post by HelminthicTherapy »

Sounds pretty amazing. I am surprised other MS patients aren't trying it en masse. After all, there is almost nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I myself have Crohn's and I got hookworms in April. I am in a remission since July.

There's a lot of info on helminthic therapy out there:

If you're new to helminthic therapy, here's what I would read first:
http://evmedreview.com/?p=457
This link explains the basics of the theory behind helminthic therapy. It really makes a lot of sense. As you can see it should help autoimmune diseases such as Crohn's, ulcerative colitis, asthma, allergies, psoriasis, etc.

Then read this post http://www.healingwell.com/community/de ... &m=1914181 on the forum and all the posts that follow - they contain some of my story and the answers to common questions that forum members asked.Then go through http://opensourcehelminththerapy.org/ - especially through the "Studies & Papers" link - it has a google doc link http://goo.gl/CFsY to over 120 research papers that I collected over the last year. "Links" - has links to various blogs. "HT in the news" - has a great collection of various media articles.Look through the posts on my wall http://www.facebook.com/Helminthic.Therapy?v=wall over the last 3 months - I post a lot of articles about helminthic therapy.
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

thanks helminthic therapy for all your resources--am certainly getting more and more interested in this, and will now explore further, using your info--my allergies are severe, very limited in foods can eat, etc.
Glad to see it is used successfully for Crohn's--since I have such gut problems with food (but not diagnosed with Crohn's), assume this therapy might be helpful for me.
Please continue to update on your experiences...
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HelminthicTherapy
Getting to Know You...

Actually I achieved remission after trying Necator americanus first but then added Trichuris trichiura a few months later. Let me know when you read the info on all the links I posted. It's quite a lot of info to digest and I am sure you'll have questions.
Lyon wrote:Thanks for the links HT. This has also been an interest of mine since shortly before my younger brother was diagnosed with Crohn's early in 2000.

I was really happy to find that Jasper recently started working with Trichuris trichiura, which is the least obnoxious and maybe most beneficial helminth to have shared evolution with humans and I'm that you are seeing such good results.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HelminthicTherapy
Getting to Know You...

yes I did. I even purchased TSO back in 2004. It helped me but it was too expensive, so I only used it for 3 months.
Lyon wrote:
HelminthicTherapy wrote:Actually I achieved remission after trying Necator americanus first but then added Trichuris trichiura a few months later. Let me know when you read the info on all the links I posted. It's quite a lot of info to digest and I am sure you'll have questions.
Thanks HT. Did you ever frequent the old Ovamed forum at all?
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScutFarkus
Family Member

It's not so easy

Post by ScutFarkus »

HelminthicTherapy wrote:Sounds pretty amazing. I am surprised other MS patients aren't trying it en masse. After all, there is almost nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Nothing to lose? Last time I looked into helminthic therapy, I was put off by the price and legal situation. I'm in the US, and as I recall it's $2500 or more to buy worms, plus the challenge and costs of traveling to a different country to actually receive the helminths. On top of that, it is an unproven and rather disgusting therapy. :)

So given all of that, I'd say low levels of participation are not surprising at all.

/Scut
Lyon
Family Elder

Re: It's not so easy

Post by Lyon »

HelminthicTherapy
Getting to Know You...

did my post just get deleted? what happened?
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »