Helminthic therapy(treatment using hookworms)

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.

Postby gibbledygook » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:27 am

Apuman, thank you for relating your experiences. I'm interested in how this treatment might affect your bowel function. I have very poor bowel function and need to take take magnesium citrate daily and capsaicin to keep me regular. :oops: I wonder if helminths affect things in this area...
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
User avatar
gibbledygook
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1408
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:00 pm
Location: London

Advertisement

Postby Lyon » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:14 pm

..
Last edited by Lyon on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder
 
Posts: 6063
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:00 pm

Postby mrbarlow » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:41 am

Day 44 since my HW & WW innoculation.

As far as bowel function goes I have been fine. Perhaps slightly more odourous but nothing serious.

I havent noticed any blood or abnormalities. I go 1/2 times per day. However I only have problems when I get dehydrated or too low fibre in diet.
User avatar
mrbarlow
Family Elder
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Postby Apuman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:58 am

gibbledygook wrote:Apuman, thank you for relating your experiences. I'm interested in how this treatment might affect your bowel function. I have very poor bowel function and need to take take magnesium citrate daily and capsaicin to keep me regular. :oops: I wonder if helminths affect things in this area...


I did have some issues during the first seveal weeks. I was told that this type of 'adjustment period' is normal. Since then I've had very few problems. As a matter of fact, I've been much more regular these past few months than I normally am, and I honestly can't remember the last time I had a loose stool. I imagine this is largely due to the consistant diet I've been eating.
User avatar
Apuman
Family Elder
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Postby Apuman » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:01 pm

One Year Update

A little more, actually, since I took the worms. Also, around this time last year, I was just recovering from my last obvious major relapse. While disease activity has not receded completely, it has diminished dramatically from the previous year.

I've had two noticeable periods where symptoms appeared. One was in June when a limited area of sensation was affected on my face. The other was in February when some coordination issues presented themselves in my right leg. Both times, the degree of severity was minor and no noticeable symptomes persisted beyond two weeks. While the frequency of events does mirror that of the preceeding year, the severity is is a far cry from the dramatic relapses I experiences in 2009.

The best part is, I feel optimistic about the future! A year and half ago, I sat in a neurologist's office, listening to a rather dire prognosis. "Three attacks in one year, yikes!" and "Three years, you could be walking with a cane, and be in a wheelchair in five." One tends to remember those moments fairly vividly. With how I feel and how I've been feeling, I don't see myself reaching that point anytime soon :D
User avatar
Apuman
Family Elder
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Postby Lyon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:05 pm

..
Last edited by Lyon on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder
 
Posts: 6063
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:00 pm

Postby HelminthicTherapy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:39 pm

Apuman, did you use AIT or Garin for helminthic therapy? How many hookworms do you have? Do you do a regular egg count to make sure that the hookworms are alive and producing eggs? Have you ever added more hookworms? Do you have any side effects from having hookworms? How are you feeling now?


Apuman wrote:One Year Update

A little more, actually, since I took the worms. Also, around this time last year, I was just recovering from my last obvious major relapse. While disease activity has not receded completely, it has diminished dramatically from the previous year.

I've had two noticeable periods where symptoms appeared. One was in June when a limited area of sensation was affected on my face. The other was in February when some coordination issues presented themselves in my right leg. Both times, the degree of severity was minor and no noticeable symptomes persisted beyond two weeks. While the frequency of events does mirror that of the preceeding year, the severity is is a far cry from the dramatic relapses I experiences in 2009.

The best part is, I feel optimistic about the future! A year and half ago, I sat in a neurologist's office, listening to a rather dire prognosis. "Three attacks in one year, yikes!" and "Three years, you could be walking with a cane, and be in a wheelchair in five." One tends to remember those moments fairly vividly. With how I feel and how I've been feeling, I don't see myself reaching that point anytime soon :D
User avatar
HelminthicTherapy
Getting to Know You...
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Postby HelminthicTherapy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:44 am

here's a great article in Wall Street Journal:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304314404576413303666083390.html[/url]
User avatar
HelminthicTherapy
Getting to Know You...
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Helminthic therapy(treatment using hookworms)

Postby Apuman » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:23 am

Hi everyone, here's an update on where things stand at the moment.

I was concerned about the symptoms I was having back in May, as well as some that just appeared in July, so I went in to get tested for parasites. The results? Negetive. Somehow they seem to have been elimnated from my system, although it's impossible for me to say how or when, although I suspect nitrus oxide as the culprit.

I guess in a way this could be taken as good news. Good news at least for the effectiveness of helminths...

I've already contacted Jasper at AIT the get a replacement dose sent to me. We should have it sorted soon.
User avatar
Apuman
Family Elder
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:00 pm

.

Postby Lyon » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:16 pm

.
Last edited by Lyon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder
 
Posts: 6063
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: Helminthic therapy(treatment using hookworms)

Postby Apuman » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:49 am

Well, truth is, I have been doing well over this past year+. I've had nothing like the attacks that I was suffering before. The symptomes I've experienced have been isolated, and I've been recovering well. The latest was a bout of tingling in my left arm when I would bend my head forward. That was about a month ago, and it was what promted me to get tested.

The tough part is that there are way more question marks now. I think it's going to be very difficult to judge the effectiveness of the parasites :?

AIT's guarentee states that they will re-supply anyone who has thier helminths eliminated for the cost of shipping. I plan to keep moving forward with this.
User avatar
Apuman
Family Elder
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:00 pm

.

Postby Lyon » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:44 pm

.
Last edited by Lyon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder
 
Posts: 6063
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: Helminthic therapy(treatment using hookworms)

Postby mrbarlow » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:01 am

I had my first dose in February. Have been ok but certainly not symptom free. Im having a second dose on the 20th September.

I do also wonder if I have lost my dose - Im sure some knobhead at a cafe but spray foam cream in a hot chocolate I ordered.
User avatar
mrbarlow
Family Elder
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Helminthic therapy(treatment using hookworms)

Postby Apuman » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:58 am

mrbarlow wrote:I do also wonder if I have lost my dose - Im sure some knobhead at a cafe but spray foam cream in a hot chocolate I ordered.


I had a stool test in a clinic in Lima Peru. AIT does tests as well, and claims that parasite tests in the US/Canada typically aren't adequate, as clinics typically don't deal with those specific parasites. Being more of a developing country, testing for hookworms in Peru would be more of a normal procedure. Obviously, we can benefit from knowing if we are infected or not. Unfortunetly, RRMS is not like other chronic autoimmune diseases where symptomes would re-appear immediatly after the dose is lost.

Nitrus oxide is found in a surprising number of products. I talked to Jasper when I found out that chips are packaged with nitrus. He said he wasn't especially worried about that as the gas would likely disperse quickly, but it leaves me wondering what other sources I may have been exposed to.

In the meantime, I'm gonna take the chance to enjoy me some delicious frappachinos while I can :wink:
User avatar
Apuman
Family Elder
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Helminthic therapy(treatment using hookworms)

Postby HelminthicTherapy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:20 pm

This is why you need t get yourself a microscope, learn to do McMaster egg count http://opensourcehelminththerapy.org/mediawiki2/index.php?title=McMaster_Egg_Count and once a month make sure you still have hookworm eggs in the stool. It's the best way to tell.


Apuman wrote:Hi everyone, here's an update on where things stand at the moment.

I was concerned about the symptoms I was having back in May, as well as some that just appeared in July, so I went in to get tested for parasites. The results? Negetive. Somehow they seem to have been elimnated from my system, although it's impossible for me to say how or when, although I suspect nitrus oxide as the culprit.

I guess in a way this could be taken as good news. Good news at least for the effectiveness of helminths...

I've already contacted Jasper at AIT the get a replacement dose sent to me. We should have it sorted soon.
User avatar
HelminthicTherapy
Getting to Know You...
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Regimens

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users