My regimen(s)

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Got my blood test results the other day and thought I would put them up.

This test was basically a check-up to ensure my liver was ok with me taking lipitor, and also a look-see at my hormone levels. I was a little shocked how high my testosterone level was (28 with a reference range of 7-30). You would never guess that by looking at me.

My Uric acid is a little lower than I would of hoped, but I was a little lazy on the inosine in the days leading up to the blood draw.

jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi cure, that's all really neat info!

i don't know anything about fluctuations in testosterone - what could it mean?

your cholesterol numbers - you're not veggie are you, with such good uric acid numbers? how long have you been taking the inosine?

liver enzymes: do you know why the ALT is down ad the AST is up for the last set?

so uric acid... i know i've done this reckoning before but umol converts to mmol as x1000 right? 10^-9 to 10^-6? so if you have 0.38umol/L, that's 380mmol/L ... which from what i've seen is dandy! i still haven't gotten my hands on any inosine and have yet to crack 200, let alone my uric acid grail of 290 ;)

i've been having pics of royal national park shoved in my face in my parks lectures at school, sigh! those were the good times... lost on the cliffs... eye-level scrub in all directions... my guide, another canadian ex-pat... no idea what poisonous thing lurks beyond the next step... ahhh, gotta get back there some time :D love it!
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

jimmylegs wrote:i don't know anything about fluctuations in testosterone - what could it mean?
Just surprised. Don't know what it means if anything.
jimmylegs wrote:your cholesterol numbers - you're not veggie are you, with such good uric acid numbers? how long have you been taking the inosine?
Cholesterol is probably low because I am on Lipitor, and it wasnt high before i started. My doctor loves my readings, personally I am not so sure. As for the inosine, I have been doing it virtually since my diagnosis of MS. My first blood test came back with low uric acid readings; so 2-3 years.
jimmylegs wrote:liver enzymes: do you know why the ALT is down ad the AST is up for the last set?
Lipitor causes all sorts of liver issues.
jimmylegs wrote:so uric acid... i know i've done this reckoning before but umol converts to mmol as x1000 right? 10^-9 to 10^-6? so if you have 0.38umol/L, that's 380mmol/L ... which from what i've seen is dandy! i still haven't gotten my hands on any inosine and have yet to crack 200, let alone my uric acid grail of 290 ;)
Did the conversion once, but dont remember it now. I hope to push the upper range of normal, and wouldn't b e too upset if I exceeded it slightly. Have you been trying to get inosine? i get mine from iHerb, and before that I used to get a powder from body building supplies.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

wow i didn't know lipitor worked that strongly on cholesterol. an ex of mine had a sister who took cholesterol drugs (no idea if it was lipitor or a similar product but this was early 90s time frame) for a family condition and it really wasn't doing much to get her down into the normal range - as i recall her numbers were up over ten at least, maybe into the teens.

nope i'm still not taking inosine... should get on that but i'm pretty focused on this carpal tunnel thing right now. i'm going to get my uric acid tested again next month and if it's still under 200 i'll take some inosine action :)
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

jimmylegs wrote:wow i didn't know lipitor worked that strongly on cholesterol.
And hence the million dollar industry that they were / are. Mine was pretty low to start with, so no shock its really low now. I remember when I first started on them, my first blood test showed very little to no effect on my cholesterol. My doctor was very disappointed.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

jimmylegs wrote:your cholesterol numbers - you're not veggie are you, with such good uric acid numbers?
Just realised I didn't really answer your question. I'm not a veggie, however I am FAR from a a being called a carnivore.

I don't eat much beef, MAYBE once a week. If I eat a meat, its normally fish / seafood. I am also starting to cut down on chicken. I do eat a lot of avacado.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Some videos showing progress of the clonus in my knees.

28 Jul 2007 - http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j212/ ... GP1425.flv

25 Oct 2007 - http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j212/ ... GP1444.flv

1 Dec 2007 - http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j212/ ... GP1461.flv

NB: All of the above are about 24hrs after my last 4-AP tablet which therefore provides a more "raw" result.

Not 100% scientific, but it gives me something to compare between.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: unit conversions

Post by NHE »

jimmylegs wrote:so uric acid... i know i've done this reckoning before but umol converts to mmol as x1000 right? 10^-9 to 10^-6? so if you have 0.38umol/L, that's 380mmol/L
Micromolar, µmol, is 10^-6 while millimolar, mmol, is 10^-3. There are 1000 µM per mM so the number should have gotten smaller by a factor of 1000 not larger.

(0.38 µmol)(1 mmole/1000 µmol) = 0.00038 mmol

Or, if you like numbers without so many decimal places, you could convert to nanomolar which is 10^-9 which would be 380 nmol.

NHE
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

right i messed up, i knew nano was 10 ^ -9!!!!
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

OK, its time for another trial of an unproven treatment.

Yesterday, I ordered the "First Time Evaluation Kit" from vonner. These are the same people that Chris55's daughter used. Before I ordered I searched the net for any stories on MS success. The only ones I found were on their web sites and the posts by Chris55.

It should arrive by the end of next week, and I should be able to send it back before the end of that same week. They say 4-10 days to get the results, so, hopefully within 2 weeks, I should have their "diagnosis" of what is wrong. I will let you all now how I go.
Terry
Family Elder

Post by Terry »

Cure,
I read that site with interest. I'm glad you ordered the kit, and I will await anxiouosly your results.
Terry
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

i too, tres curieuse!
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

The Vonner evaluation kit arrived yesterday, but I wasn't home, so I picked it up today; I ordered it on Friday morning my time.

It requires a morning urine sample, so I will be sending it off to the Netherlands tomorrow. That's another $50 for postage.

It doesn't go to "Vonner" but to the Netherlands "researcher" called Hegsii.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

OK, the kit is on its way. I didn't send it off yesterday as I found it recommends not to send on a Thursday, so I waited another day. FedEx gave me a receipt stating it will be delivered to the destination by noon on the 17th (or was it the 18th...).

It says in the notes I will hear back from The Netherlands within 10-12 days. The info they send, should tell me what they have found to be the "stressors" in my system, and recommend some of their supplements that have been beneficial to similar people.

On the form I sent with my urine sample, they ask what symptoms you are experiencing, i sent:

Medical diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis
Ataxia (walking, dancing, cannot run)
Clonus (Vibration) in my knees, Spasticity
Impaired Balance
Fatigue & Paesis
Urinary & Fecal Urgency
paresthesia in my feet
nystagmus when I look to the right hard

I listed them in the order of most "bothersome" to least, or most severe etc.
daisy
Family Member

Post by daisy »

Cureo - Thanks for reporting the process with the Vonner kit. I hope you will let us know the results and what they propose!

Return to “Regimens”