My regimen

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
Brownsfan
Family Member

My regimen

Post by Brownsfan »

Hello all,

I was officially diagnosed in Sept. 05 but had my first symptom in April 2000 in the form of mild peripheral double vision. No further relapses until July 2005 when my leg went numb and I had some gait issues. After visiting several neuros and reading many books and articles I settled on the following treatment plan (for now anyway).

1. Swank diet - Although not scientificically proven to help MS, I figure a lowfat diet is a healthy diet and it can't hurt.

2. Copaxone - After looking at all the CRABS this one had the fewest side effects and seems to be the least toxic of the bunch. So far so good. The injections aren't fun but they aren't bad either. I also "trust" Teva more than I do Biogen or Elan (however, I'd switch in a second if the Copax doesn't work)

3. LDN 4.0 mg per night - Again, not scientifically proven to help MS but the anectodal evidence is pretty impressive and this stuff is largely considered safe and non-toxic. I can say that the LDN wiped out my fatigue almost immediately. Only side effects I've noticed are some occasional weird and vivid dreams. I will take LDN until the day they find a cure for MS.

4. Supplements - I take a multivitamin, 1000 IU D3, 1 tablespoon flax oil, and fish oil capsules.

After reading some of the other regimens on this forum, I'm very interested in the statins and antibiotics that others are finding helpful. Would also consider other supplements such as the Coenzyme Q10, etc., but these can get expensive.
natgas
Family Member

Post by natgas »

Welcome to the forum.

Check out the cpn site @ CPn Help.org. There is a wealth of info there.

No the injections are not fun @ all. I was on Betaseron for 2 months. didn't look forward to the injection days.

Again Welcome to the site.

Roy
The hurrier I go the behinder I get....

Return to “Regimens”