Fenofibrate/Tricor diary and AO realignment (RRMS)

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.

Re: Fenofibrate/Tricor diary and AO realignment (RRMS)

Postby Anonymoose » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:42 am

Well, fenofibrate was wonderful. After about a month on it, I had no strange buzzing and no issues going non-stop, doing things that would have previously sent me into relapse. The only side effect was minor weight gain. So, if you believe in immunosuppression, fenofibrate might be something worth trying.

I personally have come to the conclusion that immunosuppression is just a bandaid that may wind up causing greater harm in the long run. I think something (ebv?) was spreading while I was taking fenofibrate so I am weaning off while taking things alleged to help fight viruses and infections (extra zinc, Curcumin w bioperine, coconut oil, extra vitamin d, and modified citrus pectin to mop up endotoxins). I am down to half a dose (48mg) and though my fatigue is greatly increased, neuro symptoms are pretty light and passing.

So, I'll be carrying on with a jimmy legs like supplement program to maximize fight against infections and will try to find a doctor to manage an unorthodox ebv treatment program for me. It will be a miracle if I can actually get the treatment I want. Will post new thread about it if I can get it and if doctor is okay with me sharing.
Anonymoose
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby jimmylegs » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:46 am

heya! you may want to consider selenium for your anti-infectious regimen :)
READ ME key info on nutrient targets - www.thisisms.com/ftopict-2489.html
my approach: no meds so far - just nutrient-dense anti-inflammatory whole foods, and supplements where needed
info: www.whfoods.com, www.nutritiondata.com
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Anonymoose » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:31 am

Thanks jimmy. I've been taking selenium too for that reason...just forgot to add it to the list. So far, it seems to be working. I went from 90% knocked on my butt to about 20% in a week. I'll drop feno altogether in a week or two and be knocked on my butt again. Weeee! And then, hopefully, I'll be on to my next crazy adventure in beating down this beast.
Anonymoose
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:13 pm

ok sounds good :) keep that butt off the ground!
READ ME key info on nutrient targets - www.thisisms.com/ftopict-2489.html
my approach: no meds so far - just nutrient-dense anti-inflammatory whole foods, and supplements where needed
info: www.whfoods.com, www.nutritiondata.com
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Anonymoose » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:26 am

Winding this up properly...

I developed a low grade (100-101) fever, extreme fatigue, and severe body aches (no buzzing...strange) on the evening of the 11th so I figured I may as well relapse while I was miserable anyway and completely stopped fenofibrate on the 12th. Fever and body aches went away in a day or two and my baseline buzzing and fatigue gradually returned to normal (no drug normal). So far no relapse or major reaction to stopping after gradually cutting dose. :)
Anonymoose
Family Elder

Previous

Return to Regimens