You don't need to look anymore

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
Celeste485
Family Elder

You don't need to look anymore

Post by Celeste485 »

Today, I was working on diet for my daughter and I started calculating her iron intake and I am sure her iron intake prior to the diagnosis was high even though she wasn’t really eating too much meat. But when I subtracted all carbs then her iron was very low. She has a real anemia. I have a friend who always joked that the Asian people don’t have wrinkles because they don’t rust on the inside. So I found him and called him and asked him for clarification. He said, that the reason our poop is of rusty color is because the iron we eat rusts inside our bodies. It’s a trace mineral so there is not too much of it inside us but it is a mineral and it will rust no matter what you do to it. And that’s why any excess of it will kill us.

So then I went to Wikipedia and read what is says under symptoms of iron poisoning and this is what I found: “The first indication of iron poisoning by ingestion is a pain in the stomach, as the stomach lining becomes ulcerated. This is accompanied by nausea and vomiting. The pain then abates for 24 hours as the iron passes deeper into the body resulting in metabolic acidosis, which in turn damages internal organs, particularly the brain and the liver.”

If someone didn’t have overload but poisoning nevertheless, wouldn’t these be the same symptoms on a smaller scale? Stomach discomfort, acidosis, damaged brain?

So I started reading what kind of iron they put in carbs we eat. Ladies and gentlemen meet your enemy: Ferrous Fumarate, Ferrous Glucamate, and Ferrous Sulfate. These are all elemental irons added to everything like flour, baby food, supplemental iron, cereals, they are in every iron fortified food!!! This iron is definitely not absorbed by your bodies, it is floating around and oxidizes. The damage in your brain is the proof. Why Multiple Sclerosis makes people age? Because you rust inside! The more of that particular iron you’ve consumed in your live, the sooner you are affected. My daughter had enough iron in her diet, unfortunately half of it turned out to be a poison.
Celeste485
Family Elder

Re: You don't need to look anymore

Post by Celeste485 »

Jimmy was always saying, take zinc supplement and I was overexcited about finding the cause of ms that I ignored him. He was right!!!
Ms is iron overload disease. In iron overload the iron either deposits itself in organs or is excreted through sweat, hair, and intestines. In Celiac, RA and MS all damage happens where the exits of excess iron are. You don't have iron deficiencies, you have iron overload. That Ferrous Fumarate was made to be more absorbent, it is super absorbent but it's not showing on tests as such. And I guess zinc can help a lot. I started giving my daughter high iron foods instead of the opposite. Now, how I can treat her if the test is so screwed up? What doctor is going to believe me? Jimmy, how much zinc should I give her safely without any additional stress on her? I've given her calcium, Omeprazole and almond milk and she is doing fine but after 2 days for high iron foods who knows, I will have to add zinc slowly but steadily. This is why we are feeling like crap after eating too much vitamin C and sugar. They both help to absorb that poison. God help us.
Celeste485
Family Elder

Post by Celeste485 »

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all feeling bad. Did I actually say that? Yes, I did. The reason I want you to feel bad today is because I can help you feel better!!!
Let’s start from the beginning. Do you know what causes multiple sclerosis? Me neither. Well, that’s not entirely true. I had this recent theory about iron, before that I had a theory about acid and you know what???
I was right.
Somehow iron is involved with ms. I am not sure how. I don’t know if you absorb too much of non heme iron, or not absorbing enough iron but that’s not important. What’s important is that you do need more meat in your diet. How do I know that? The answer lies in who gets ms.
Clue nr. 1 – young women (menstruating women ) are diagnosed with ms 3 times more often than men.
Clue nr. 2 – pregnant women who have ms feel good during pregnancy but have symptoms coming back after giving birth (maybe because they start bleeding again)
The above two clues lead us to iron, low iron, iron deficiency, something to do with loss of blood and iron in it.
Then we have clue nr. 3 - other people with ms who are low on vitamin B12. B12 is also related to blood and meat.
So that means blood is taking a huge part in ms. Is it important if it’s iron or B12? Not really. What’s important is that you need meat in your diet. More than you are eating now.
Then there is the major clue as to why predominantly Europeans get ms and there is one thing that the Europeans consume a lot more than other cultures. Drumroll please.... it is vinegar!!! Acid!!! Europeans consume tons of vinegar. They used to naturally ferment their cabbage and pickles but now everything is done with vinegar. Vinegar gets into your body because of the potassium in it, because of the foods like sauerkraut and pickles and the vitamins that they offer. All these things are getting inside your muscles and perhaps inside your blood. For example pickled herring not only has potassium in it but also heme iron, what if little bit of that gets into your blood?
You are predisposed to be sick by your mothers who ate tons of pickles and other vinegar-laced staples while pregnant, at the same time they were not eating enough meat. And if your diet is not good, you will develop the disease, no matter what. There are a lot of processes involved with the actual ms development or attack but there is an easy way to prevent it.
First you need to stop consuming vinegar and foods that have vinegar listed as their ingredient. You also need to help your body with a mix of baking soda and water. ½ - 1 tsp. of baking soda with a little water can do wonders for you. Don’t let your body to get you to the state of acidosis that will eventually lead to the brain damage.
Most ms attacks are preceded by some “viral” infection. That “viral” thing is definitely a fight between your body and the acid in it. If you have lesions in your brain, you are losing the battle. So next time you experience something like this, drink that magic potion like there was no tomorrow and save yourselves.
How all this fits together, I don’t know, but I know that the extra meat in your diet, occasional baking soda drink and no vinegar will lead you to a better life. I tried it on my daughter, she is iron deficient and sometimes she was sneezing so I was looking at what could cause the sneezing. She already gets iron supplements, eats meat 3 times/day and yet she still wasn’t okay. I thought maybe nitric oxide is causing this. So, I’ve read about acidosis causing increase in nitric oxide, so i gave her the baking soda drink and kaboom: no more sneezing. I went over the list of foods she was eating and pickles was on the list. I gave her another pickle and few days later she started sneezing again. So I gave her baking soda again and it stopped. 20 days later and she is fine. Just so you know, nitric oxide binds to heme in a hemoglobin.
So try this, and feel better.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi celeste, what's the latest re bloodwork for your girl?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Celeste485
Family Elder

Post by Celeste485 »

Hi Jimmy, Happy New Year! I am glad the ’13 is finally over, we can start living in peace now. I am taking my daughter to her new doctor next week and we’ll do some tests. I had her mri done and it showed the liver and the entire abdomen clear, so there was definitely no iron overload. It seems, she wasn’t absorbing a lot of iron from the foods she was eating or her iron needs were higher than her diet could provide (somehow, I don’t think so). But now she is doing very well just like normal, healthy person. There is zero weakness in her or any other indication that she is sick. The only thing that is not okay, her toenails are still thin. I understand this is the last thing in the line of importance so when she gets there, this will be the culminating point. It will take months to build up the iron in her but I believe the inside rebuilding process will take a long time.
She still has the optic neuritis unresolved but her overall vision improved, she was wearing glasses and when she told me she has trouble seeing, I had to take her to optometrist and get new ones. Imagine my surprise when he said, her vision has improved.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

heya :D thanks for the update! glad to hear she's doing better :D so what all tests do you have lined up to request?
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Celeste485
Family Elder

Post by Celeste485 »

Just the regular blood work, CBC, iron, and I want to do all B’s this time.
Of course this is a new doctor and I am sick already that I have to even ask for this because today’s doctors are definitely not the doctors from the past, the ones that care about their patients. The doctor that I fired is the one responsible for not recognizing the symptoms of anemia and subsequently leading to diagnosis of ms, the test she ordered, was a prick test. I am thinking of filing a complaint against her but maybe only with the insurance because this way I would score brownie points, something I could use for my benefit.

Yeah, my daughter is doing great. Do you remember my daughter’s crackling knee? 50% improvement. She also had her toenail removed and it wasn’t healing. After 2 weeks and because she was low on iron the toe looked very bad. And then I got this “Einstein” moment again, I realized the vitamin C supplement wasn’t working right. I stopped giving her C supplement and started adding small orange 3 times/day to her diet, in just few days you could see the difference, the toe was healing super-fast after that. And that's how healing happens. This fast.

So don’t forget vitamin C with your meat diet. You need to eat vitamin C at least 3 times/day. Don’t take supplements but rather spread the vitamin C foods throughout the day. This way your cells will be multiplied much faster. You don’t need to consume a lot of vitamin C, you just need it more frequently.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

serum ferritin and serum zinc please! esp when high dosing iron. these things do not operate independently. zinc is a requirement, no questions asked, for proper iron handling. and isolated iron supplementation will drive zinc status down. zinc is a fundamental requirement for healing.
Celeste485
Family Elder

Post by Celeste485 »

Here is another doctor with ms:
http://commonhealth.wbur.org/2012/08/pa ... the-doctor

You can print this article and take it to your own doctor and ask "why should I believe you?" and when you're done send an email to the FDA and ask them the same question.
Celeste485
Family Elder

Post by Celeste485 »

Yes Jimmy, I will ask for ferritin and zinc, I just don't know if I can take all this tests at the same time. I would like to check magnesium and vitamin D again too.
Anyway, I bet $10 on Seattle Seahawks and so far I am winning. :-D
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

good luck with the game :)

check as much as you can for sure!
Celeste485
Family Elder

Post by Celeste485 »

I won the bet but nobody wants to pay me now. Never make bets with family and friends!

What's your opinion re: doctor opting not to take the life-saving medicine for her ms? To me this is hypocrisy.
Next time I'll go to see my daughter's neurologist I am going to take a copy of that article with me and ask to be added to her file. The neurologist is nice but the other bunch of doctors who've treated her at the hospital could not collectively diagnose anemia in my child. And they were wondering why she had low pulse. But they had no problem diagnosing her with ms and offered immediately interferon therapy. And if I agreed to it what would have happened to her? I am so mad, I don't think I will trust another doctor ever again.
Yesterday we had some grilled vegetables for dinner and my daughter had problems with bell peppers, little runny nose. I gave her immediately Zyrtec and this morning L Lysine supplement. I do that to keep the inflammation down. If she was coughing I would give her Omeprazole or baking soda because I believe that some of the inflammation is not just from the stomach, it could be histamine and that's bad because of the nitric oxide. If this inflammation gets out of control, we know what could happen. Bell peppers give me heartburn too, so we don't eat them often but now I think I am going to eliminate them altogether. So bell peppers officially go on a NoNo list together with vinegar and sugar.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

I can't speculate on the doc's individual case, but I do know that my ex's doc was given a dx of cancer and shortly thereafter closed his practice to go back to school for nutrition or naturopathy or something similar. on the other hand, my own naturopath has ms herself and has a completely different approach to dealing with it compared to what I do.

we're pretty lucky to have the internet to help patients advocate for themselves.

now this zyrtec. I am looking forward to seeing the results of the latest set of tests. any updates on what tests will be done? when it comes to inappropriate immune responses I always want to know about zinc status (and vit d3 too of course). I agree that some things belong on nono lists, but if bell peppers are a problem I'd be looking to fix something systemic, rather than dump a great source of vit C to help with that iron absorption.

and as for omeprazole... you know that category of meds (PPIs) deplete magnesium yes? increased fracture risk.
Celeste485
Family Elder

Post by Celeste485 »

I know about magnesium and zinc and I am constantly making sure that our diet includes them even though it's hard.
In the hospital there was a female doctor that made me look like I am denying life saving treatment for my own child. Because of her, both my daughter and the rest of my family demanded the interferons. It wasn't until we came home when I got them to read about the side effects and asked them if they really want the injections. I had to fight with my own family over this. Can you imagine how I felt, all alone and right after the diagnosis? But I knew that if a woman with a progressive case (who was using traditional medicines before) was able to get off a recliner and started walking again using diet, I could use the same diet and keep my daughter's disease from progressing. And I am sure my daughter will be fine.
I am also convinced that the heme iron or luck of it is behind ms.

Here is a study that can help you understand my point:
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/72/4/982.full

“””So why did short-term absorptive adaptation occur for nonheme iron [even in subjects with low iron stores ] and not for heme iron? Perhaps it is because iron bound in heme is not as oxidatively reactive as free iron, and the intestinal mucosa may not need to defend against ingested heme iron to the same degree as it does with nonheme iron. Mucosal ferritin may provide a localized cytosolic defense against oxidative generation of potentially toxic free radicals by sequestering and storing excess nonheme iron, and reducing iron catalysis of Fenton-type reactions producing free radicals both inside mucosal cells and in the intestinal lumen. Consistent with this, iron supplementation increased the free radical–producing capacity of feces in healthy volunteers and increased breath ethane, an indicator of oxidative damage in vivo, in women with low iron stores. In epidemiologic studies, iron intake was associated with risk of colon cancer. Further studies are needed to test whether short-term adaptation in iron absorption with iron supplementation represents, in part, a localized protective mechanism.”””

There is not even one study that would show heme iron as bad iron, everywhere there is problem with iron it is always non heme.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

good to hear that you're working them into diet - the caution was directed at ppi drugs in particular with that comment though.

yeah I know the feeling.. I have received my serving of shit for turning down the mainstream drugs.
"[the battle of wits] ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right, and who is dead."

iron's certainly in the big picture .. a very common deficiency. and I think the known iron abnormalities in ms patients are probably strongly linked to concurrent other deficiencies (zinc in particular).

Serum ferritin, transferrin and soluble transferrin receptor levels in multiple sclerosis patients
http://msj.sagepub.com/content/11/3/272.short

also recall our earlier chats from last year:

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/introduct ... ml#p217668
hey there, please go back and read these posts again

balancing zinc and iron
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/introduct ... ml#p217468

iron dysregulation in zinc deficiency
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/introduct ... ml#p217482

gummy supplements, thoughts on a dietary approach
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/introduct ... ml#p217483

your daughter is iron deficient (ferritin = 5.. FIVE!!!) you still need a zinc result, without delay. you can consider having them run a full iron panel, if you are not satisfied with the ferritin info alone. serum targets for ferritin and zinc (and magnesium) are provided in the 'balancing zinc and iron' post above.

zinc deficiency iron dysregulation: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/introduct ... ml#p217482
Zinc Deficiency-induced Iron Accumulation, a Consequence of Alterations in Iron Regulatory Protein-binding Activity, Iron Transporters, and Iron Storage Proteins
http://www.jbc.org/cgi/content/full/283/8/5168

Return to “Regimens”