Need supplement help/ suggestions !

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Need supplement help/ suggestions !

Post by jimmylegs »

http://www.finncrisp.com/crispbreads/th ... -original/

the red pep is for the vit C to help with iron absorption. a variety of vit C sources is the best way - whfoods has a good list. includes Brussels sprouts etc. still need to focus on the zinc side for sure though.

the research linking nightshade consumption to arthritis seems to be pretty thin on the ground. can't find any research specific to mechanisms of nightshade sensitivity. will have to look into it when I have a bit more time on my hands :)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Helleborus

Post by Helleborus »

Hi Jimmy! Im back- Iv had a bad case of flu so I had to lay down for a week. Now I feel good though.

I got the supplements, but a differnet mag ( the solaray one) so Im ready to start :-D
I havent been taking any supplements just some curcumin to see if that could help with the hives. Im going to the hospital on friday , Im taking tests to see what causes the urticaria. Its in my face on the forehead and cheeks ( but only when I use skincare and make up)When I use nothing the skin calms down. Im hoping the zinc can help me with this.

Lyndacarol wrote something about autoimmune urticaria- I sure hope its not that 8O

I eat red pepper every day and today for lunch I had kale soup yummy :smile:

Thank you for your time and patience. Im very grateful !
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

Helleborus wrote:I havent been taking any supplements just some curcumin to see if that could help with the hives. Im going to the hospital on friday , Im taking tests to see what causes the urticaria. Its in my face on the forehead and cheeks ( but only when I use skincare and make up)When I use nothing the skin calms down. Im hoping the zinc can help me with this.

Lyndacarol wrote something about autoimmune urticaria- I sure hope its not that 8O
Helleborus, I came across a gluten-free website today and thought of you and your connection with the cosmetics industry for 13 years when I read the following words from the blogger, Gluten Free Mommy – I wonder how many of the products you use contain gluten or a wheat derivative:
Hand Sanitizer- I admit that the “gluten in beauty products” thing eluded me at first. This is probably the area that I make the most silly mistakes. My first (not last) experience was with hand sanitizer. It pretty much scalded my hands. So FYI, pretty much everything at Bath and Body Works has wheat germ oil in it. We all need to form a coalition against giving people this stuff as gifts. Just my two cents.

Shampoo- I used to get my hair cut at an Aveda salon, but had to change when the products bothered me. Since the potion for these shampoos changes all the time, you may want to just wash your hair before you go. Most salons have rules against bringing your own products in, but you may get away with it in a smaller, local place. Shampoo may not bother everybody, but if you are taking a shower there is a chance the shampoo might wind up in your mouth (gross!).
And when the blogger Natalie mentioned hives and urticaria, I felt I had to urge you again to investigate the possibility that you have gluten sensitivity. Remember, a person can develop a gluten sensitivity at ANY time in life.

http://glutenfreemommy.com/my-journey-t ... free-diet/
If I ingest gluten I get hives and that is not something I can live with for any length of time! I just can’t eat the stuff! In my effort to be responsible for my health,
And not long ago I read:
How common is celiac disease?

Americans, Scandinavians, British and Italians are gobbled up with celiac disease, with the official word in Italy now being that 1:55 Italians are gluten intolerant. That number was 1:100 ten years ago when the official word from the American medical profession was that “celiac disease is a rare disorder occurring in less than 1:5000 Americans”. The official number in the USA is now 1:120 but researchers believe that number is way too low, with some now estimating that 1:30 Americans are suffering from serious gluten intolerance.
Do you know the rate of prevalence of celiac disease/gluten sensitivity among Norwegians?
My hypothesis: excess insulin (hyperinsulinemia) plays a major role in MS, as developed in my initial post: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-discussion-f1/topic1878.html "Insulin – Could This Be the Key?"
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

when I was sensitive to gluten and to cosmetics I was also zinc deficient. neither issue has troubled me since addressing zinc problems. big relief!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

Hi Jimmy! Im back- Iv had a bad case of flu so I had to lay down for a week. Now I feel good though. I got the supplements, but a differnet mag ( the solaray one) so Im ready to start :-D I havent been taking any supplements just some curcumin to see if that could help with the hives. Im going to the hospital on friday , Im taking tests to see what causes the urticaria. Its in my face on the forehead and cheeks ( but only when I use skincare and make up)When I use nothing the skin calms down. Im hoping the zinc can help me with this. Lyndacarol wrote something about autoimmune urticaria- I sure hope its not that 8O I eat red pepper every day and today for lunch I had kale soup yummy :smile: Thank you for your time and patience. Im very grateful !
welcome back, and no worries! glad you got the solaray in ok. I couldn't get kirkman either, and had to switch brands! re hives, hope you get some relief soon, and also hope that the red pep and it's vit C is really helping you absorb iron!
fyi re dosing, when I was in fact zinc deficient, my doc put me on 100 mg zinc citrate per day for a month to correct it. so that may be the dose and time frame you want to think about. three weeks at least. and certainly, if you continue with zinc after 4 weeks you'd need to drop back to a more reasonable daily amount - properly balanced with copper and iron of course :) hopefully once your zinc status is better you won't get taken out by the flu for a while either!!
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

Helleborus wrote:Hello from Norway!

Im newly diagnosed ( 1 year) and Im trying to recover from my attack last year.
Iv been reading a lot on this forum and I understand that supplements are essential- so I need some advice on what to take , how much and where I can order it online. I take 5000 vuitamin D daily and I dont take any MS meds.
I had some bloodwork done:

Ferritin 17
B 12 436
Magnesium 0.78
Vitamin D 123
serum zinc- 12

Any help / advice highly appreciated :lol:

Hi Helleborus,

People with autoimmune diseases need much more than 5000 IU of vitamin D3.

My brother takes 180,000IU per day (with other supplements) and he stopped the outbreaks and the brain lesions.

To know the best quantity of vitamin D3 you need to know your levels of PTH + your weight.

The PTH shows if you have resistance of vitamin D3. Almost all the people with autoimmune diseases have a great resistance of vitamin D3. So, the doses need to be much higher than that until the levels of PTH is normalized.

If possible read my post about Dr. Coimbra treatment here: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens- ... 27128.html

There are people that follows it for 7 years without any outbreak. They achieved the remission of the disease.

All the Best!