Just started Aubagio

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
stamm

Just started Aubagio

Post by stamm »

Hi,

I have been very lucky and have had very few relapses the last several years. In the past I was on Avonex and Copaxone but went off both for various reasons.

I was even told a couple of years ago that it seemed I was progressing to secondary MS because I was not having relapses but my minor symptoms were not going away and at times seemed to be worsening.

They stopped trying to push DMD on me.

Then several months ago I had a minor relapse. I freaked out a bit because it was the first one in 7 or 8 years but it really was not that bad and did not last more than a couple of months.

BUT that was enough to get the dr and MS nurse on me about starting treatment again. Anyway I was going through a rough time in my life and did not want to make any major decisions about it. It was stressing me out too much. They were pressuring me however.

So I finally agreed and took my first pill 2 days ago. I already feel the headaches and fatigue. I also feel very sad and depressed and even find myself crying alot but I do not know if it is because of the decision or an actual side effect.

I am not sure what to do or how long to give it. I don't feel horrible but certainly not like myself.

Any insight?
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Just started Aubagio

Post by Scott1 »

stamm

Post by stamm »

Hi scott,

Yes I have but it does not exactly match my symptoms. I do realize that everyone is different.

It kinda feels like I am hungover.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

It's not the way I would go but what do I know anyway.

This link might be useful as well. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Treati ... ns/Aubagio

If you find fatigue becomes an issue I would stop and see if I improved. If I did, then it wouldn't be for me. If I didn't, I would have a another think.

Regards
stamm

Post by stamm »

Thanks. I did not have that link previously.

I feel a bit better today(3d pill last night) so I will continue for now. I did write to the drug company so they can make note of my symptoms. I told her that if I do not improve, I will be going off it.
exolon

Post by exolon »

Hi Stamm,

I'm a bloke in the UK and started Aubagio about 5 months ago. I have been fortunate not to have any headaches, though I do find myself quite emotional at times but think that is the MS rather than the drug. I have on occasion had diarrhoea, not the best when out and about :(, but apart form that nothing untoward and my platelet count has started to rise again.

You do have to have fortnightly blood tests for the first 6 months then every 2 months after that, apparently Aubagio helps reduce disability progression s well as relapses.
http://www.mstrust.org.uk/atoz/teriflun ... ubagio.jsp

I also read that of the common phase 1 drugs it is one of the least toxic, though it needs to be purged if you want to start a family.

Main thing is to be strong, I know not easy, and soldier on the best you can as we all try to do!

Regards,

B

Return to “Regimens”