vit D source

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
nepatternmaker

vit D source

Post by nepatternmaker »

I need to start vit D again. I've taken it in the past and felt much better and did not get the cold/flu going around at all.
1st question: what variant of D should I take for MS? D, D3 or something else?
2nd question: what brand? I've taken Nutri-West HI-D3 before and had good results but it is maddeningly difficult to get. Pureformulas is out of stock with no known ETA. The manufacturer wants me to get an appt with a chiro who is an authorized seller before I buy it from the Dr. I've moved out of state from where I used to get my vit D. I got some locally over a year ago, but that was thru a chiro also and he"s closed.

FWIW; I was dx w/ MS a month ago, don't know how long I've had it, have to guess by symptoms it's been 3-7 years. I'm 50 now & male and I'm really tired of being exhausted all the time.Haven't worked for over 2 years . No insurance, medicare won't be available until Jan '17. Also have severe osteo-arthritis, hips are bone on bone, so pain is always there.

Thanks
Dave
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: vit D source

Post by jimmylegs »

heya, i would say any old D3 should do the trick. i've never personally been particular about brand w vit D3.. (i've worried more about potency in this case) ... although that is certainly not the case for much else!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

I get D3 from Costco in the Kirkland brand. It's $12 for 600 capsules at 2000 IU each. It's also USP Verified. I keep the bottle in the refrigerator and just take a month's worth out at a time.
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

nepatternmaker wrote:I need to start vit D again. I've taken it in the past and felt much better and did not get the cold/flu going around at all.
1st question: what variant of D should I take for MS? D, D3 or something else?
2nd question: what brand? I've taken Nutri-West HI-D3 before and had good results but it is maddeningly difficult to get. Pureformulas is out of stock with no known ETA. The manufacturer wants me to get an appt with a chiro who is an authorized seller before I buy it from the Dr. I've moved out of state from where I used to get my vit D. I got some locally over a year ago, but that was thru a chiro also and he"s closed.

FWIW; I was dx w/ MS a month ago, don't know how long I've had it, have to guess by symptoms it's been 3-7 years. I'm 50 now & male and I'm really tired of being exhausted all the time.Haven't worked for over 2 years . No insurance, medicare won't be available until Jan '17. Also have severe osteo-arthritis, hips are bone on bone, so pain is always there.

Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave,

Vitamin D is essecial for people with Autoimmune diseases. They need much more than 2000IU or 5000 IU of vitamin D3 per day.

My brother takes 180,000IU per day (with other supplements) and he stopped the outbreaks and the brain lesions.

To know the best quantity of vitamin D3 you need to know your levels of PTH + your weight.

The PTH shows if you have resistance of vitamin D3. Almost all the people with autoimmune diseases have a great resistance of vitamin D3. So, the doses need to be much higher than that until the level of PTH is normalized.

If possible read my post about Dr. Coimbra treatment here: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens- ... 27128.html

There are people that follows it for 7 years without any outbreak. They achieved the remission of the disease.

All the Best!
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

Welcome to the club.

If you have just been diagnosed with MS at 50 I guess they must think (in the back of their minds) that you have a mild case. I don't like that way of looking at it because it presupposes you can't get better. What did your medical advisors suggest you should do?

Regards,
thisiswater
Family Member

Post by thisiswater »

AntonioBR: 180000IU of D per *day* How does he do that? What is the highest dose per capsule available? Wow.
scsi
Getting to Know You...

Post by scsi »

180 capsules in one hit ;D
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Vitamin D3 is readily available in 25,000iu capsules, or just 7 or 8 capsules to meet the required dosage.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

my prescription liquid is 1,000,000 IU/gm so a few drops would do the trick. i would never take 180,000 IU/d
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “Regimens”