Minocycline Self Study

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
Frank
Family Elder

Post by Frank »

Hello Brock,

thanks for sharing your detailed experiences how you treated your relapse.

The second ABX I take in the course of the Wheldon Protocol is 300mg Roxytrhomycin as a single daily dose in the evening.
I found Roxy to be very easy tolerated.

Regarding what made you feel better I would like to remind that, on the singele daily dose, you felt better after taking Mino in the morining, and starting getting worse in the evenings.
The next morning it got better again after taking Mino.
If I remember correctly this up and down continued until you took Mino two times (moning/evening).
This effect does really point towards the Mino, doesnt it.

--Frank
Treatment: Gilenya since 01/2011, CCSVI both IJV ballooned 09/2010, Tysabri stopped after 24 Infusions and positive JCV antibody test, after LDN, ABX Wheldon Regime for 1 year.
tory2457
Family Member

Post by tory2457 »

Brock,

I agree, self treating isn't the way to go...the folks on the cpn site are very helpful and knowledgeable and can point you to a doctor.
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

Sara, Cure, Thanks for the info on NAC. I looked at my local grocery store, and it is not available there, so i will have to go to a specialty shop...

Thanks again,
Brock
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

Frank,

At least to me, It seems as though the minocycline has been involved in my recovery, but its really hard to say.

Tory,

I have been checking out the CPn Help.org site quite a bit... A lot of very interesting information.

Brock
tory2457
Family Member

Post by tory2457 »

Hip Hip Horray!
Very nice and very smart folks over there; they are there to help you..

Check out the vitamin protocol,,,very good! also are you supplementing with sublingal B12? but Methylcobalamin,,, not cyanocobalamin

My doc recommends 5mgs a day not mcgs.
B12 is good for all of us with MS actually. I wish I knew this years ago!

Keep reading Brock!
:D 8)
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

Thanks for the info on B12 Tory...

Update:

Still have slight numbness in palms of hands. The last couple of days I have been feeling a little under the weather too. I feel kind of weak, and just over all lazy. Not sure if that is normal or not. I don't have a lot of motiviation. I still have the sensation in my right knee that vibrates in my back. I really wish that would go away.

Brock
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

Update:

No numbness in hands. No other problems anywhere. It appears that my Relapse has remitted, at least for now. I am still taking Minocycline religiously, and Rebif. I have 1 week left on Prednisone. This last week will be at 10mg/day. Nothing else to report. I feel good, and am relieved right now that I have been given back the feeling my hands, and torso. I will keep all posted with any other developments. I won't have another MRI until next March, so that is a while to wait to see what my Brain inflammation looks like.

Brock
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

Update:

Everything about the same. I do notice that my cognition has improved. I seem to be able to remember things a lot better. Is this just me? Am I just thinking these things up? Maybe its because my stress level is reduced?
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Hi Brock, my cognition improved as well, but whether that part of the improvment was due to mmunomodulation or attcking CPn, I can't say. All I can say is that you're not "thinking these things up."

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
DizzyDean
Family Member

CPN web address?

Post by DizzyDean »

Sorry but I didn't see the URL for the CPN site listed, can somebody post or PM it to me?

Thanks!
daisy
Family Member

Post by daisy »

viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

Update:

I have been feeling well. I have residual numbness in my hands in the morning, but when evening comes around I get a very very slight sensation degradation in my finger tips.

I have upped the amount of omega-3 supplement I take from 2400mg/day to 2400mg twice a day for a total of 4800.

Nothing else to report at this time.

Brock
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

Update:

The last two relapses I have had both occured in 2007 and both came either before or after a sinus, ear infection / cold.

I just got a really bad cold. It started on Sunday out of no where and by Sunday afternoon I was in a lot of pain from pressure that was backing up in my ears. Last night I had a fever and bad cough, not to mention sinus drainage.

I know its early in the game, but so far I have not had even a hint of a relapse yet. This seems to be a change compared to the last two times I have been sick. I pray that I don't have another relapse, but I also wonder if the Minocycline was able to stave off a relapse in this case? Hard to say, but I'd like to think so.

Other than that I've had no problems since I last reported. I am hoping that after this cold passes I can report the same thing.

Brock
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Fingers crossed, Brock!

Sarah :wink:
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

Update:

I feel good. Better than I have in a long time. I have decent to good memory, and I just feel good. Is it Minocycline, or just luck? Considering I just got over a nasty cold, I feel even better than I did before I got the cold???? Go figure.