Minocycline Self Study

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
yeb4432
Family Member

Post by yeb4432 »

brock

r u on any other medication for the ms?
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

Sorry it has been so long since you have had a response. To answer your question, No, I am not on any other medications.
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

Update:

So far, so good. Knock on wood.

I will have a follow up MRI in March, however I have gone back to the same crap as before with regards to not taking every dose of Mino. Who knows if it is even what has kept me replapse free...??? Right? I mean it could just be natural remission.
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

It’s been a long time since I posted here. I wanted to update my log as to where I am at now. I stopped taking minocycline about a year ago now due to complacency. I am currently still relapse and symptom free. I've not had an MRI in several years now, and frankly, I'm afraid to have one because my quality of life is good now and if I get a negative report on an MRI then it will really depress me. So, while my post doesn't help anyone, it does appear as though for me, minocycline did do something for me. It abruptly stopped a relapse I was in, and seems to have prevented any additional ones. If I do have a change of luck, I will certainly post that. I'm grateful for the good days and years I have had so far though.